Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 301690 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.08 released
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2010, 02:30:50 pm »

In theory, yes... if you don't mind using a 1x1 tileset to take the screenshot.

Remember the program's making a CSV grid of pixels, not tiles.

That would work... after lots of raw modding so that all items of a certain type were the same RGB value regardless of what they were made of.  ;) Imagine trying to play the game with it configured that way, it'd be even more matrix-y then playing in ascii.

Oh man, that'd be awesome.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2010, 02:58:17 pm »

In theory, I could write something that takes a screenshot (along with a tileset bitmap) and converts it into something, but I don't know what, since the point of QuickFort is for designating/building stuff, not for representing what's already there.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2010, 03:39:46 pm »

I'm not saying you specifically should do it. 

The purpose would be to create .csv files for something we've already built in one fortress or another so we don't have to generate the .csv by hand if we want to duplicate the existing structure in a new fortress.

That is what I've been making .csv files for for the most part, not new designs but existing designs I use in every/most of my forts. Load up the old fort with the right tileset, take a snapshot, run it through the converter and it'd generate a .csv that would be ready to go for a new fort.

SL's DF Map compressor has similar code for scanning a DF bitmap. It scans and then tokenizes what it finds. I don't know if source is available for that.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 03:44:21 pm by random51 »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2010, 07:49:28 pm »

Being able to operate the other way around from fortress to CSV could be helpful in some situations, for instance when you already have a laid out area and want to automate adding more stuff to it...
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

soundandfury

• Bay Watcher
  • Code monkey
    • View Profile
    • Just to the Left of Venus (aka dev-null)
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2010, 10:07:44 am »

something that takes a screenshot (along with a tileset bitmap) and converts it into something, but I don't know what

Suggestion: look at ways you might hook this up with DF Designer.  If you'd need any format parsing or other hooks adding into DFD just ask.
It's maths, it must be true!
DF Designer

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2010, 11:02:30 pm »

I'm afraid that I'm having trouble with Quickfort.  I've used its digging ability for a while and only just tried out the build ability.  I have some nice spreadsheets up, all of them .csv files, ready to fill my dwarmitory with beds, cabinets and chests.

Except, for some reason, Quickfort is balking at placing chests.  I've tried altering my .csv files several times; no matter what, Quickfort starts trying to place chairs instead.  I thought, at first, that it was just the wrong keypress in the files; after all, the demos use 'c' instead of 'h', as would be normal for placing chests.  Doesn't matter; the program still tries to place chairs.

I looked through the thread and found no mention of this; is it just my machine, somehow?  Or am I epically failing at something simple?

EDIT: How 'bout that, eh?  Turns out I was editing the build file on my hard drive and running the one on my flash drive.  No wonder nothing worked. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:38:32 pm by Talanic »
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2010, 12:53:55 am »

I'm using google docs right now but I was wondering, could I use OpenOffice.org Calc  with this to make the CVS's and not have a problem?

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2010, 10:37:11 am »

That's what I'm using.  It's probably not related to the problem I'm having, so I'd say go ahead and try it out.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2010, 11:29:45 pm »

I'm having a weird problem. I had a multi-level staircase CSV put together, and it worked fine in an old fort I tested it in. When I tried it just now in a new map, though, I couldn't get it to work, though -- it won't change levels. Instead it just moves over a bit to the left and draws over.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »

Huh, I'm actually finding excel to be more intuitive than I gave it credit for.

soundandfury

• Bay Watcher
  • Code monkey
    • View Profile
    • Just to the Left of Venus (aka dev-null)
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2010, 02:52:54 pm »

little DFD update; DF Designer can export Quickfort plans now, but it's a bit flaky.  If anyone can find reliable and important ways to break it, let me know.  Also, is 'making the Quickfort export work better' more important than 'making the GUI friendlier'?
It's maths, it must be true!
DF Designer

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2010, 04:02:07 pm »

little DFD update; DF Designer can export Quickfort plans now, but it's a bit flaky.  If anyone can find reliable and important ways to break it, let me know.  Also, is 'making the Quickfort export work better' more important than 'making the GUI friendlier'?

Link to DFD for those who are too lazy to look in his sig, or have sigs turned off.

Torgen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2010, 09:32:39 pm »

I really like this plan:

but can't figure out which csv file it is. Can anyone help?

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »

Eh I've gottena  similar problem as the poster up top, but I think it might be something with 40D17/18.  My CSV I made for stripmining has suddenly started to get offset slightly when I use it now.

Does QF use some of the stuff from DFhack?  Might need to get the update bits

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2010, 08:42:10 am »

Eh I've gottena  similar problem as the poster up top, but I think it might be something with 40D17/18.  My CSV I made for stripmining has suddenly started to get offset slightly when I use it now.

Does QF use some of the stuff from DFhack?  Might need to get the update bits
If that's the case, I'm not aware of it. There were some problems with DF 40d17 and 18? not recognizing keystrokes properly if you send too many. It broke one of the dfhack example utils actually - one that used keypress events to set dwarf nicknames and professions.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42