Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 302199 times)

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.08 released
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:31 am »

Weird bug. I'll look into it. Could you post one of your build blueprints that is hanging near the end? (Post to the drop.io site linked in the first post)

I uploaded a 7zip pack of the build blueprints that are hanging. They're titled Fractal bedrooms build furniture.7z They're meant to work with the fractal room dig csv that was already uploaded. They install furniture in a modular fashion. So the first 16 beds are installed, then the first 16 doors, then 16 tables, chairs and cabinets. Followed by 40 of each for the perimeter. The more furniture that's installed at once the sooner it goes wonky and starts trying to build furniture in solid rock on different levels and several shift spaces away from the building location.

This also happens with building walls and other objects. I now have many randomly scattered granite pillars all over the forest after trying to build a wall around my entrance. I couldn't find them all to cancel the builds so I just let the dwarfs build them.

I also used Open Office to make the csv's. I don't know if that program added some strange formatting which interferes with Quick Fort. I'll test it out with other spreadsheet programs and see if it changes anything.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »

Is there any easy way to rotate a design in Quickfort? Working on fractal layouts and it would be immensely easier if I could rotate a group of cells 90 degrees.

There's a nice Excel plugin out there--forgotten the name offhand--that I went and got to do some editing of quickfort designs.  I'll dig it up when I get home.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2010, 09:55:39 pm »

I've done one new test with a file made from scratch in Google docs and it worked perfectly. Open Office might have been the problem. I can't do anymore testing for a while as my fortress doesn't need anymore areas dug or furniture installed at the moment. I'll try more tests on future forts and see if I can conclusively confirm Open Office as the culprit.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2010, 09:18:29 am »

I just started using it for exploratory mining and it has worked great.  It allows me to use more efficient mining patterns than I have been.  Laying out diagonal drifts by hand wasn't worth the effort previously, now it is no effort at all. Spent about 15 minutes creating a base CSV for one map unit and then just cut and paste to build bigger templates.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2010, 12:43:05 pm »

As soon as I open Quickfort.exe I get the following message:

"The keyboard and/or mouse hook could not be activated; some parts of the script will not function."

Nothing seems to be working at all. None of the hotkeys given with the tooltip function even if I switch to an English keyboard before opening the program.

I'm using QF1.08 and DF40d16.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Alex Steiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2010, 02:27:33 am »

I'm having trouble with it as well.

At first it wouldn't do z-levels, but I tweaked the delay, and now it works. Now it occasionally randomly shoots sideways when starting or ending a line, and so I end up with designations everywhere. It does it every 10 or so lines. The percentage of completion is also far ahead of the actual designations, and the cursor continues with the design after it has apparently finished. This also means that when I attempt to cancel a bad design, it must continue to the point it was meant to be at when I pushed Alt-c (even if I close QF). The designations also get out of sync with the enter key, meaning that it designates from the end of the line to the start of the next one.

I was testing it with the first part of Buketgeshud, surface 1 digging.

I have tried disabling the optimizations, and playing with the delay, the only thing I haven't touched is the keypress (-1 default) because I don't know where to shift it (to 0, to -2 or to 1). The errors are different each time (even under the same conditions).

I also can't seem to remove the tooltip flickering.

I'm using Windows XP, fully updated SP3
DF 0.28.181.40d16, with a basic tileset,
QF 1.08

Other than that, this is awesome.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 02:54:53 pm by Alex Steiner »

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »

Lol, check the original post for the sharing link before making a .csv for something you've seen elsewhere, it could already be posted.

I was going to upload some .csv files I made to match stuff on the wiki but somebody already has! :)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:40 pm »

By cthulu, you must be an old god this is so useful!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:28 pm »

This will make my needlessly convoluted and detailed designs so much easier!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2010, 12:44:05 am »

In case anyone is wondering, I was commissioned by Djohaal on IRC (for the lump sum of nothing) to create a program that converts bitmaps to CSV textfiles for use with Quickfort (although it currently just puts in the hex color values, but search-and-replace is easy enough).

... Well, okay, I offered to, but the point is that I did it!

It's just a simple, stupid command-line thing at the moment. I don't know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to GUIs, although I should probably learn.

So if you like mapping things like this out in paint programs instead of Excel or whatever:
DFFD link
Mediafire download link, in case the above isn't working for some reason
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 02:21:15 am by G-Flex »
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:58 am »

(use DFFD)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2010, 02:20:21 am »

Good point. It is done.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2010, 10:22:23 am »

Good point. It is done.
Could be another use for it, if you think about it.  Couldn't somebody take a screenshot of something already made in DF and then use your program to extract a .csv in case they ever wanted to do it again?

Might need a modded tileset to make it work best, but that wouldn't be hard to make.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2010, 01:23:21 pm »

In theory, yes... if you don't mind using a 1x1 tileset to take the screenshot.

Remember the program's making a CSV grid of pixels, not tiles.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »

In theory, yes... if you don't mind using a 1x1 tileset to take the screenshot.

Remember the program's making a CSV grid of pixels, not tiles.

That would work... after lots of raw modding so that all items of a certain type were the same RGB value regardless of what they were made of.  ;) Imagine trying to play the game with it configured that way, it'd be even more matrix-y then playing in ascii.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42