Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 301689 times)

Belal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.08 released
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2010, 12:14:23 pm »

Eh I've gottena  similar problem as the poster up top, but I think it might be something with 40D17/18.  My CSV I made for stripmining has suddenly started to get offset slightly when I use it now.

Does QF use some of the stuff from DFhack?  Might need to get the update bits
If that's the case, I'm not aware of it. There were some problems with DF 40d17 and 18? not recognizing keystrokes properly if you send too many. It broke one of the dfhack example utils actually - one that used keypress events to set dwarf nicknames and professions.

as peterix said, the input code was completely rewritten for d17 and d18, and it broke the keystroke code we had in dfhack.  QF does not use dfhack at all, but I would not be suprised if the new input code is having problems with it as well.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2010, 07:09:10 pm »

I really like this plan:
(...)
but can't figure out which csv file it is. Can anyone help?
Look in the QF install folder in /Examples/Buketgeshud/bedrooms-*.csv

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.09 released
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2010, 07:13:20 pm »

QF 1.09 has been released. Changelog:

1.09 (2010 March 13)

* Multidimensional repetition support, e.g. 2 north 2 south 2 down
* Some refactoring

Have not tested QF on 40d17+ yet, I'll give it a spin soon and see what's up. Most likely it will require a change in QF's options.txt to use a different key-sending mode.

Also, the integration with DF Designer is pretty sweet  8)

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #183 on: March 14, 2010, 03:50:23 am »

Tried QF 1.09 out on 40d19, seemed to work without issues.

Nifty QF trick for undesignating a big chunk of map: use Alt+T for QF command line, enter 'dig x(100x100)', then use Alt+R for repeat mode, '10 down'.

Or use a command line of 'dig bd(100x100)' to dump a large area.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:26:08 pm by joelpt »

Boatmurdered

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2010, 12:20:38 am »

Just did a quick test with the Linux version of 40d19, and no-go for me. But then, maybe I expect too much from WINE. It keeps telling me to go to the active DF window, while I'm playing.
I think this is where the DF-players-are-Hitler jokes go from being just jokes to still jokes but lose some of their irony.

Still. Someone has to open up a chain of McUrist's sooner or later.

Zantan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2010, 11:01:49 pm »

This makes it seem like it may automatically work with the new version...?

Provided that the interface doesn't change (eg, [d] is still "dig up-down stairs").

Is this still the case?  I could imagine the game switching from space to esc to exit menus giving the program trouble.

Elvang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2010, 11:48:16 am »

There are four instances where space is sent in the AHK script, and what all of them are sent for is explained in the comments in the lines above. Just do a search for {Space} and replace the appropriate ones with {Escape}.
The Practicalities of Fire Imp Defense
Tileset fonts for dfterm/telnet
Win 0.34.11 SDL with 7 binary patched bugfixes
Quote from: They Dig
I have come here to drink booze and breach HFS... and I'm all out of booze.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2010, 12:13:24 pm »

Just did a quick test with the Linux version of 40d19, and no-go for me. But then, maybe I expect too much from WINE. It keeps telling me to go to the active DF window, while I'm playing.
You can't expect a windows application to interface properly with X and whatever window manager you are using. It's hard enough to do this natively - every window manager behaves differently.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.10 released
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2010, 09:55:17 pm »

Quickfort 1.10 has been released. DF 0.31.01 compatible!

1.10 (2010 April 5)

* DF 0.31.01 supported; {ExitMenu} key-command now available in aliases.txt
* NOTE: Starting with QF 1.10, users of DF 40d# MUST edit QF's options.txt! It is configured for DF 0.31.01 by default.
* Fixed placement of farm plots
* Cleanup of options.txt
* Cleaned up and renamed .\Blueprints folder (was .\Examples)
* Modified mouse-tip positioning to avoid overlapping the pointer vertically

Download QF 1.10

Let me know of any issues!

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2010, 10:00:17 pm »

I'll try QF in WINE in the near future and see if the issues can be squared away. QF's complaining about being in the DF window is just to make sure it doesn't send keys to some other window in Windows; it could be turned off easily. And I suspect at least one of AutoHotKey's key-sending methods may work within the WINE environment.

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2010, 02:10:16 am »

The file linked in the new version announcement post doesn't seem to include the .exe. The one at the Quickfort website does, though. Just wanted to point this out!

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

Hi,
I try to use quickfort, but output is messy - design is different from what i expect, looks like random click

for this:
#dig Basic 5x5 dig test,,,,,
d,d,d,d,d,#
d,d,d,d,d,#
d,d,d,d,d,#
d,d,d,d,d,#
d,d,d,d,d,#
#,#,#,#,#,#

I get this debug:
Before keystroke optimizations: d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{R}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{R}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{R}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{R}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{R}{L}{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}{D}{U}{U}{U}{U}{U}{U}

Before keystroke transformations: d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{L}{L}{L}{L}{D}d{Enter}%{R}{R}{R}{R}{Enter}%{L}{L}{L}{L}{U}{U}{U}{U}

Final output: d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%7777

ANY TIPS? THANKS!
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2010, 10:29:34 am »

Hi,
I try to use quickfort, but output is messy - design is different from what i expect, looks like random click

Final output: d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%4441d{Enter}%6666{Enter}%7777

Strange; I ran your sample .csv and it worked for me; it also produced identical final output as what you included in your post.

What OS & DF version are you running?

Try this:
1. Try typing the sequence of keys in "Final output" manually into DF (ignoring % chars and hitting Enter for {Enter}) -- does it dig properly?
2. Assuming #1 worked, try editing your options.txt:
    (a) Set DelayMultiplier=10, KeyPressDuration=10; save and retest
    (b) Additionally set SendMode=SendPlay;save and retest
    (c) Set SendMode to each of the other options (Send, SendEvent, SendInput); save and retest

Most likely one of those options changes should make things work for you.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:15 am »

I'll try QF in WINE in the near future and see if the issues can be squared away. QF's complaining about being in the DF window is just to make sure it doesn't send keys to some other window in Windows; it could be turned off easily. And I suspect at least one of AutoHotKey's key-sending methods may work within the WINE environment.
I've just come across IronAHK which promises to bring AHK scripts to Linux under Mono/.NET. IronAHK doesn't support all of QF's used functions yet, but once this list goes mostly green, QF should be able to run under Linux natively.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 1.11 released
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2010, 10:11:48 pm »

Quickfort 1.11 has been released.

Download here

1.11 (2010 April 15)

• Addition of a "materials list" after loading a blueprint which can be very useful for the build phase
  • Cancelling during a build now just shows a brief notice in the mousetip instead of popping up an annoying messagebox
  • The 'switch to DF window' mousetip on QF startup has been removed; QF just appears when DF is active now and thus QF can now be put in Windows startup if desired
  • Addition of startup tray tip and option ShowStartupTrayTip (default 1)
  • Minor fixes/refactoring
  • Added Repetition, Command prompt, and Stupid dwarf tricks to the readme
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 42