Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1226972 times)

BCPowers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #1665 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:18 am »

I think dot9's style has improved greatly from when he first start posting pictures here. At first they were indistinguishable as to what was going on and they look like they were made of pure nightmares. Now they are more distinguishable and look kinda cool in some cases.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 14, 2011, 09:39:21 am »

I think dot9's style has improved greatly from when he first start posting pictures here. At first they were indistinguishable as to what was going on and they look like they were made of pure nightmares. Now they are more distinguishable and look kinda cool in some cases.

The titan fight, imho, is pinnacle of dot9's style. The city was wonderful too.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 14, 2011, 07:56:41 pm »

Ahem...

Pardon the large images.

Human Mace-man "Hogart Ymirson"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarf Wrestler "Urst Drinkbeers"

Bonus - A new artifact is born!

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 14, 2011, 08:01:36 pm »

Logrin, pardon me but may I ask for moar? :3 I like the cleanliness of your art and the humor is both funny and to the point.

Also, best axe ever.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 14, 2011, 08:37:52 pm »

I really had no choice but to make a comic when I discovered it was possible to strangle ten people at once, and still have the ability to bite everyone.....And forgot to put the L in E-X-E-M-P-L-A-R-Y it seems

EDIT

Another just for you SeriousConcentrate

Human Striker ((named the profession Butler)) "Thaddeus Thatchplover"

Because honestly, there's no other way to envision a man who kills bandit camps with only his fists
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:44:52 pm by Logrin »
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 15, 2011, 12:02:49 am »

@Logrin

I love the art style :P Just a quick note though: it really helps with visibility if you ink your drawings after you sketch them.
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 15, 2011, 12:45:18 am »

True...but then I'd -ALSO- have to spend more then five minutes on each one as well!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 15, 2011, 01:52:29 am »

^^ Thaddeus there is awesome and reminds me slightly of Dudley from Street Fighter.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 15, 2011, 04:06:18 am »

Dwarf Wrestler "Urst Drinkbeers"

Pffffff-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The tatoo, the fist on the helm and the smile at the end! Hilarious!
EDIT : I just saw that the fist on the helm changed when he used the Dwarven handshake, awesome!

Great job Logrin!

I have a request for you, don't feel forced to do it or anything. I had a dwarf name Igril DinnerTime who ran around killing everything with a fork, a knife and biting skills. I think you could do a pretty sweet interpretation of him.
Again, if you don't want to do it, just say it, I perfectly understand.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 04:08:04 am by Cheveux »

BCPowers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:04 pm »

LET US NOT TARRY lol i love it. Everytime I hear of butlers tho I think of Sebastian Michaelis.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 16, 2011, 12:10:22 am »

I think .........'s style reflects directly the kind of dark, grotesque horror that could be DF when viewed from a certain perspective. Imagine how someone who knew how to play the game, but had no inkling of the silliness & hilarity that goes on in the forums, would view DF.

Perhaps it's just crazy drawings. Either way, I thoroughly enjoy it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:18:19 am by Beanchubbs »
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 16, 2011, 01:15:55 am »

I think .x9's newest drawings show adventurers or other people discovering that they have uncovered the ancient technique of necromancy, or whatever other supernatural/magical powers will be available in the next version.

They made me lag so bad though :'(
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 16, 2011, 01:08:13 pm »

Quick drawing request:

I decided to create a Nord Demigod, that fights only hand-to-hand. No throwing, no misc objects, just punching, kicking and occasionally biting.

However, my first quest was to fight some kind of night creature. That had killed five people, including some kind of queen. Yikes.

Upon reaching the lair, it announced the nasty kills it had. My Nord, a certain Mr Lasite, promptly dropped his starting spear, unequpped his short, and punched the creature in the face, instantly killing it (Through brain jamming.)

Oh, me and this Nord are going to have fun times... Until we encounter a dragon, based on my no shield rule.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 16, 2011, 02:09:53 pm »

I really had no choice but to make a comic when I discovered it was possible to strangle ten people at once, and still have the ability to bite everyone.....And forgot to put the L in E-X-E-M-P-L-A-R-Y it seems

EDIT

Another just for you SeriousConcentrate

Human Striker ((named the profession Butler)) "Thaddeus Thatchplover"

Because honestly, there's no other way to envision a man who kills bandit camps with only his fists

...Thaddeus is a name in the raws? Or do you have some modded names in there?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 16, 2011, 02:11:31 pm »

Ahem...

It's Dinertime

Unrelated adventurer in random-mismatched gear (Volstagg Truecleave))

BONUS-

Some oddities

EDIT - DrKillPatient, I ocassionally name my adventurers exactly how I want them to be. It's a vanilla DF game feature.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:13:28 pm by Logrin »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 365