Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 365

Author Topic: Draw your adventures  (Read 1222970 times)

Rebornneo

• Escaped Lunatic
  • My other body is a ninja.
    • View Profile
Re: Draw your adventures
« Reply #2775 on: February 28, 2012, 06:28:30 am »

Just registered to reply to this topic.
Love everyone who's posted on here :P
The most memorable being Boss knight and the epic arts of the Shook.

Expect me to post of my antics on here soon, as well.
I've had tons of !!FUN!! on adventure mode as well :P

Especially in losing my first 12 adventurers to figuring out the controls, and only after learning all of them finding out that ? was kind of a big help :P
:Pending epic event:

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2776 on: February 28, 2012, 08:32:53 am »

Now now, comparing me to Logrin is hardly fair, Logrin has some kind of arting superpower while i have some kind of curse that renders me unable to draw anything with any resemblance. :U
Regardless, looking forward to seeing what ye' have. Ain't never enough comics in this thread!

@Arbitrax: Bahaha, most excellent depiction of DORFEN JUSTICE!

How is it that your drawings seem BETTER with less pixels XD You have a talent ma boy! Use it wisely! (You should totally draw some hot pixelized chicks)
That probably boils down to the fact that i dabble in pixel art, yet suck at free-hand drawings. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: February 28, 2012, 12:04:15 pm »

i am pixel arting up myself my guy with his face burnt off, i think its goin well but its gunna be DAMN small. like 51x51 pixels small.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fixed, its still really small but i think i did well, no clouds or sun but oh well :D

also i put spikes on some of the equipment cus he has some spiked stuff, ima have to get him some new hoods and stuff later cus most of them are pretty badly damaged if not gone.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:25:57 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rebornneo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: February 28, 2012, 03:35:56 pm »

This just happened to me.
It was only after I died, that I saw the piles of arrows that missed me :P

Note: may not be 100% accurate, but it's basically what happened xD

Edit: I forgot to say Xotano, that looks really awesome :D
I think I like it that much more because of the style that comes with that size.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: February 28, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »

Fighting my way through a necromancer's tower, I just discovered that bisection doesn't necessarily kill zombies. I can imagine my guy wiping the gore off his silver great axe, then noticing the zombie's torso is still attacking him. Feel free to use this as inspiration for a drawing.

Edit: On the other hand, attacks that glance off can collapse zombies just fine. ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:16:21 pm by Intro1827 »
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: February 28, 2012, 04:16:53 pm »

my bro was makin a game a wile back and it was 2D so i was makin sprites for it but he changed the game so now its more 3D-ish i guess or just compleatly 3D i duno, i like doing small pixel art type things and am really good at makin minecraft skins but drawing actual people just never turns out right xD

well it never feels like it does anyways, being a perfectionist and all.

don't think i got any of the sprites anymore either, i made a pretty awesome looking ghoul based off a WoW pic.

nvm it was this pic of a ghoul from warcraft 3
think of that in a like 36x36 pixel box and thats about what it looked like, more colorful tho.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:25:30 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:47 pm »

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: February 28, 2012, 04:38:05 pm »

With the discussion on resolution and pixel art, anyone interested in a new reccuring character?

The Adventures of UristMcBeard, of course!

As you can see, the latter allows for much more detailed facial expressions (lul), but the former is quite... cute? I dunno. You decide!
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »

Still no Boss-Knight.

But in the mean-while Xotano

Also this
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »

I find that last one hilarous for no understood reason.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:25 pm »

thanx logrin i got a new display pic now :D
and an epicly awesome one at that :3

Rebornneo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: February 28, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

No comment on my 'art', lol, sadface.

On another note, I remember reading here that someone said something like: "Jewelery will definately never deflect attacks."
Then... what about this?

Edit: Logrin, you amaze me. Again :o
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:54:18 pm by Rebornneo »

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: February 28, 2012, 11:01:06 pm »

I believe crowns are classified as headpieces (armor) so they could indeed block attacks.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: February 29, 2012, 09:47:03 am »

updated my sig to fit with the new display pic, think i mighta gotten some of it wrong due to my lack of spelling skills and playing dwarf mode.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: February 29, 2012, 09:55:39 am »

updated my sig to fit with the new display pic, think i mighta gotten some of it wrong due to my lack of spelling skills and playing dwarf mode.
Biggest issue: Workmanship.

These are not Men.
These are Dorfs.

Craftsdwarfship.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 365