Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cannibalism?  (Read 774 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
cannibalism?
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:27:19 am »

I made a controllable civilisation of half-demons, and tried to give them the ethical ability to eat their own kind. Its made them able to eat other sentient species (and make leather things out of them, and sell them to the same species on a merchants depot made of their own kinds tallow soap... hehehe fun fun  ;D). BUT it doesnt work for their own species. All they do with them is either let them rot and cry over it or sentimentally bury them. Not very demon-like.

Is there any way to get them to be properly demonic and just eat their own dead guys?

Also, I read on the wiki that if I specify multiple creatures in the civ entity it picks a random one for each civilisation. Would the civilisation with the one critter type be able to buther the other critter types? Or would I need to add seperate civilisations for this?

I would fnd it perfectelly understandable if neither of the first two were to work, but would find it quite amusing nontheless if they did  ;)

Oh, and one last question. Whenever I let my half-demon inhabited world run for a long time (500 years+) some their civs seem to get allmost entirely inhabited by humans, elfs and goblins. As much as I like the idea of demons enslaving other species to do their work, getting entirly replaced by them goes a bit too far. Do I need to make slavery unacceptable, or is there a way to cap the number of slaves running around?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!