Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who will win the final battle of Warriors of Armok, and how?

Fireheart (beheading)
- 5 (33.3%)
Fireheart (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Fireheart (cleaving)
- 5 (33.3%)
Nichaey (beheading)
- 3 (20%)
Nichaey (bisection)
- 1 (6.7%)
Nichaey (cleaving)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [The Final Match: Fireheart vs. Nichaey]  (Read 109212 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [Preliminary fights: The Unskilled]
« Reply #480 on: August 23, 2009, 06:39:33 am »

As for you Jim, if Necksnapper doesn't win his next fight he is out of here. Don't give your hopes up, Barbaros was one of the top losers of round 1.

How about you throw me a little bone and let Necksnapper fight without his hammer?

:P

Maybe if you lose i'll do a non-saved fight with Necksnapper wrestling someone.

I think it's about time Necksnapper actually try and snap someone's neck.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors of Armok: Magma of Life [More Unskilled Preliminaries]
« Reply #481 on: August 23, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

I won't buy anything yet. I'll be saving them up.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 23, 2009, 02:11:07 pm »

I guess I'll throw my name back in the fray.

this next time I'm using a + bronze axe and a regular copper buckler and cap damnit.

Forgetting this?

Poll results:

Question: Which of these three weapons do the most damage?
*copper battle axe* 11 (57.9%)
+bronze battle axe+ 6 (31.6%)
iron battle axe 2 (10.5%)

The majority were right with *copper battle axe*, the next most damaging was the +bronze battle axe+ followed by the iron battle axe.

wait, i demand a rematch! i asked for all my gear but my weapon, shield and shirt be removed for my next fight!

I put in a little blurb along with your equipment screenshot explaining it. You said that the armour was slowing you down, but you had an attribute point in strength from your first fight so you had no weight problems. You had a speed advantage in that fight actually.

I think it's about time Necksnapper actually try and snap someone's neck.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Well, your dwarf is dead and gone in the current save, but I have multiple backups so we get to see what would have happened in your fight with Toram if you were wrestling:

Basically what I was expecting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 23, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »

Oh well. So much for that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:40 pm »

Question: Which of these three weapons do the most damage?
*copper battle axe* 11 (57.9%)
+bronze battle axe+ 6 (31.6%)
iron battle axe 2 (10.5%)

The majority were right with *copper battle axe*, the next most damaging was the +bronze battle axe+ followed by the iron battle axe.

Material vs. Quality Modifiers:
                 Standard             -Well-Crafted-       +Finely-Crafted+    *Superior-Quality*   ≡Exceptional≡        ☼Masterful☼
Silver/Leather   x 0.50               x 0.60               x 0.70               x 0.80               x 0.90               x 1.00
Copper           x 0.66               x 0.79               x 0.92               x 1.06               x 1.19               x 1.32    
Bronze           x 0.75               x 0.90               x 1.05               x 1.20               x 1.35               x 1.50
Iron             x 1.00               x 1.20               x 1.40               x 1.60               x 1.80               x 2.00
Steel            x 1.33               x 1.60               x 1.86               x 2.13               x 2.39               x 2.66
Adamantium       x 5.00               x 6.00               x 7.00               x 8.00               x 9.00               x 10.0

--
In a nutshell, the relationship between Quality Level, and Material is as above. Of course, there are also other benefits to choosing one versus the other; refined metal is less cumbersometo the user, while higher quality levels grant a bonus to weapon/armor skill regarding that piece of equipment.

Speaking of equipment, I've had some second thoughts about my choice of equipment, and even considered selling everything, and going with a Quality-focused build instead... but I think I'd like to see how a carefully set-up suit of Iron Equipment will stack up against superior quality Copper Equipment.

P.S. Does Kadol's victory put her back in the running for the championship, or is her gladiatorial future curtailed until the next tourny?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2009, 12:17:07 am »

P.S. Does Kadol's victory put her back in the running for the championship, or is her gladiatorial future curtailed until the next tourny?

I wouldn't call anything that i'll be doing a 'tournament' per say but it's possible. It all depends on how well your dwarf does. One thing for sure is that Kadol will never get that chance until she avenges her loss against Labs.

That's one thing i've been wanting to talk about. It would seem unfair for dwarves to get a chance at a rank higher then that of someone who has beaten them. So, should the event arise that you catch up to someone who has beaten you, one of two things will happen. You'll either have a rematch or your dwarf will sit at that rank until the dwarf who beat you gains another rank. More often then not it will probably be a rematch (unless you object)

Current 'rivalries' that need to be settled:
Nanothnir(lost) and Vulcar
Kol(lost) and Led Warleach
Toram(lost) and Remalle
Samus(lost) and Ravus Maniacus
Kadol(lost) and Labs

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2009, 01:23:11 am »

I'm not sure I follow your plan, Bloodbeard. If you mean that in order to advance a defeated dwarf must beat the dwarf which defeated them, that may cause unnecessary hangups for gladiators that would otherwise be moving on, rather than the rather elegant Bracket system you had going before. Winners won and moved on to the next bracket, and Losers moved to a secondary bracket, where they could try to recoup their rank against other losers.

On the other hand, I am all for designing certain brackets to pit "Rivals" against one another.

In regards to Kadol's Equipment:
Buy:
- Standard Copper Helm - worn over Copper Cap (30☼)
- Standard Copper High Boot x2 (60☼)

Coffer: 10☼

ArneHD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:19 am »

Name: Tulon Alnisolon

Buy:
Copper =Warhammer= 300¤
Copper =Shield=         150¤

Total                        450¤

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 24, 2009, 04:31:00 am »

If I lose the fight against Samus, does my dwarf get kicked out of the Tourney? My 3-loss count is currently at 2 due to the extra match arranged between me and Kesham.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 24, 2009, 05:53:52 am »

Yeah I am up to Taking on Vulcar again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 24, 2009, 02:10:14 pm »

I'm not sure I follow your plan, Bloodbeard. If you mean that in order to advance a defeated dwarf must beat the dwarf which defeated them, that may cause unnecessary hangups for gladiators that would otherwise be moving on, rather than the rather elegant Bracket system you had going before. Winners won and moved on to the next bracket, and Losers moved to a secondary bracket, where they could try to recoup their rank against other losers.

On the other hand, I am all for designing certain brackets to pit "Rivals" against one another.

I'm not quite sure what you mean either by 'hangups'. This is mostly to make things fair for everyone so that only the better dwarves can move forward. For instance if Nanothnir was choosen to be in the fight Nichaey and Kesham had, it wouldn't be fair to Vulcar if she didn't get the 2nd spot since she has a win over him.

If I lose the fight against Samus, does my dwarf get kicked out of the Tourney? My 3-loss count is currently at 2 due to the extra match arranged between me and Kesham.

Correct. You still have 120☼ in your coffer so if you're worried you can still spend it.

Yeah I am up to Taking on Vulcar again...

Given the nature of your loss to Vulcar, i'm really interested to see this fight again with the weapon nerf  :D

Samus1111111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2009, 09:42:15 pm »

ok, I'll sell my -Bronze Battle Axe- (300),  (S) Copper Shield (S) (30), and (S) Copper Cap (S) (20) and buy +Copper Shield+ and +Copper Battle Axe+

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 24, 2009, 09:51:53 pm »

Wow? I won one? Yay!

I sell my bronze short sword (S), then buy Copper Short Sword (*)

(10 left over)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 25, 2009, 09:33:37 pm »

any news?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2009, 01:10:46 pm »

No news. Nichaey has dropped off the face of the earth and it leaves me in a very awkward situation. I could go ahead and use the equipment choices he sent me a month ago but I'd be stuck again should he beat Rysith.

*thinks*
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36