Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34

Author Topic: Vote Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 51085 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2009, 09:38:16 pm »

Three votes on Janus, three votes on me. If WA up and decides to end the day right now, then Janus and I will die.

I think I'd be satisfied with that. I'm confident at least one of you is mafia. You say he's mafia. He says you're mafia. You're both killed. Win-win situation, right?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2009, 09:40:36 pm »

NO ZAI! NOT WIN-WIN! You're just taking advantage of Toon's lapse in judgment to try to kill me as well!

COME ON TOON! Where are you?

WA, can I ask for a day extension? A small one? Maybe just an hour or something?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 05, 2009, 09:43:51 pm »

NO ZAI! NOT WIN-WIN! You're just taking advantage of Toon's lapse in judgment to try to kill me as well!

COME ON TOON! Where are you?

WA, can I ask for a day extension? A small one? Maybe just an hour or something?
If you can get a second, yes I will allow a ONE HOUR extension.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:12 pm »

Jesus Christ, I can't believe I'm reduced to this:

ORG! If you're on, break the tie, vote for Janus or just ask for the day extension, please!

Frelock, Kashyyk, anyone else that might be on, please ask for the day extension.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #334 on: August 05, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »

I'm not thrilled with dying, but I'm OK with it if I take Josh with me--his ability is too powerful for the Mafia to have without mine and/or Zai's to counteract it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 05, 2009, 09:50:24 pm »

Janus, for the love of god, have some dignity and defend yourself! Here I am, attacking you with everything I have, but you're just lounging back and taking it!

Damnit! Toon, if it turns out you're town, I'M BLAMING YOU FOR OUR LOSS!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 05, 2009, 09:52:50 pm »

Unvote Kashyyk. Vote chaoticjosh

Nah, I'm just playin' with you. I wouldn't do that.

Unvote Josh. Vote ToonyMan.

Kidding again.

Unvote TM. Vote chaoticjosh.

Boop. Real vote this time. 2 on Josh.

And Josh, I think it would be much easier to pin the blame on me for a loss for the town than TM.

HOWEVER: If Janus does not attempt to defend himself. I will change my vote to him. Condemning him to death, essentially. And to give him time to do this, I second the day extension.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 05, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »

Unvote Kashyyk. Vote chaoticjosh

Nah, I'm just playin' with you. I wouldn't do that.

Unvote Josh. Vote ToonyMan.

Kidding again.

Unvote TM. Vote chaoticjosh.

Boop. Real vote this time. 2 on Josh.

And Josh, I think it would be much easier to pin the blame on me for a loss for the town than TM.

HOWEVER: If Janus does not attempt to defend himself. I will change my vote to him. Condemning him to death, essentially. And to give him time to do this, I second the day extension.
Day Extension Approved!

You have 1.075 Hours until Night.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #338 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:58 pm »

I'll sacrificing myself for the good of the town; both of us dying gives the town an additional 2 votes relative to the Mafia.

Also, I've realized that my ability doesn't help us overly much at this point.  All I can do is stop the Mafia from killing during the day.  They can still kill us all during the night.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 05, 2009, 10:01:51 pm »

I am both relieved and terrified by this turn of events.

Zai, what the HECK is with this incredible alteration in your personality? Is this like you're evil sibling, who just so happens to know the rules to mafia and is toying with my emotions?

Toon gave you some leeway at the last second, and GODDAMN are you taking advantage of it.

What happened to agreeing with me? What the hell could your gut could have told you to do this? WHY are you acting the way you're acting!

I've sent a number of PM's to all the inactive members of this mafia, telling them to get on and make a difference.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 05, 2009, 10:18:46 pm »

I'll sacrificing myself for the good of the town; both of us dying gives the town an additional 2 votes relative to the Mafia.

Also, I've realized that my ability doesn't help us overly much at this point.  All I can do is stop the Mafia from killing during the day.  They can still kill us all during the night.

That...doesn't...really...count as defending yourself.

Unvote Josh and vote JanusTwoface.

Please, try to defend yourself.

And yeah, I dunno, Josh. I guess TM's random voting and behavior has rubbed off on me or something.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »

So what exactly do you want?

I have little beyond the deep suspicion that Josh is scum and that Toony is crazy.

I will say that Josh isn't helping his case in my eyes with how extremely defensive he's being.  I do guess that he who screams the loudest is heard the most.  I just hope that this strategy of his doesn't cost the town the game.

In my defense, I would like to point out that I have been one of the more active players this game.  Each day, I tried to figure out who the scum were (albeit unsuccessfully).  This time, I think I've finally found one, and he's about to slip away.  Sadness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:32 pm »

What a huge weight lifted from my shoulders! Zai, I thought this was some really bizarre method of gloating. Rubbing your victory in my face for as long as possible.

I'm convinced though, that you're town. If you were mafia with Janus, you had the game WON if you continued to vote against me, and didn't vote for the day extension.

Victory for the town is within sight once again.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:14 pm »

So what exactly do you want?

I have little beyond the deep suspicion that Josh is scum and that Toony is crazy.

I will say that Josh isn't helping his case in my eyes with how extremely defensive he's being.  I do guess that he who screams the loudest is heard the most.  I just hope that this strategy of his doesn't cost the town the game.

In my defense, I would like to point out that I have been one of the more active players this game.  Each day, I tried to figure out who the scum were (albeit unsuccessfully).  This time, I think I've finally found one, and he's about to slip away.  Sadness.

Activity does not prove you're a townie.

I unvote Janus.

I cannot decide which is scum. So both will die. =/

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 05, 2009, 10:45:26 pm »

Come on Zai! Do you think a Mafia member would sit here, arguing with you, sticking his neck out, being loud and obnoxious and noticeable for two whole days!? Really?!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34