Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59383 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2009, 12:42:40 pm »

Because they'd rather kill the players that are actually a threat to them.  Either that, or they are the lurkers :o.

In any case, I agree with Web here.  It would be far better to deprive the total scum of a nightkill, rather than assuming that they will use it towards our ends by killing the other scum group.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2009, 12:48:28 pm »

Of course, finding the last dopp is going to be fairly impossible now unless we get real lucky or the dopp does something real stupid.  Although the dopp could be either a lurker or a talkative person, as the last two dopp deaths tell.

Just come out and admit your guilt dopp.  We'll be sure to spare you.   ;D

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2009, 02:47:07 pm »

Quote from: Servant Corps
The claw marks does indicate that Janus might have been killed by a Doppelganger (possibly due to mind control), but the fact that we concluded Josh was killed by Doppelgangers indicate that Janus was killed by a Doppelganger too.
Explain.
Hmm, It appears that cheeetar defended the dopp Org. This leads me to believe that he is the last dopp. FoS Cheeetar, Though I will not yet vote as he is an experienced player and defending a dopp team mate just before he is lynched is a newby move.
Was cheeetar's defense the only one that called your attention?
Only two kills? I suppose the Aliens have been poking around. This might explain why some people are so sure how many cultists and doppelgangers are left.
What do you mean by this?

ShiHjen is clearly not a dopp.  He might be a cultist though.
If we can get someone that we know is 100% town we can have all the power roles PM him/her what they found out.

I wish I was The Captain again.
that would seriously suck.  Stop trying to spoil games.  Once something like that happens.  Everyone stops playing and they become puppets.

That game was broken.  A governor who can pardon himself forever?  Come on... that was the worst example of an unbalanced setup that you could possibly imagine.  Sorry A_Fey...

After SC's analysys of Janus I think that Twiggie can't be a dopp.

Duke if you keep playing like this I'll make sure you get lynched.  What you just did is damaging to town.  Scumhunt. 

sniHjen... WTF is this?  What are these odds? are you saying that you're willing to lynch someone you think almost 90 % to be human?

Are you a cultist?
Quote from: Twiggie
anyways, im now suspicious of janus because of his weird voting on day one, and webadict for not noticing my post.
mmm... so you read this last pages where they called you out but missed the flips? 
tbh it'd be 3/19, seeing you know you're not a cultist. OR DO YOU?
FoS Rysith for being picky but not picky enough!
If you actually read... he said... "everyone would have a 15% chance of being a cultist".  He wasn't talking from his perspective, but from a 3rd person view.

Nice try to appear scumhunting though.

Servant... can you be a bit more anti-town?  Before, pretending that the dopps will aid town.  Now calling for a double lynch... The only person I would double lynch with someone else right now would be you.  Luckyly for you.  You're not a threat to us considering there's only one, totally scared :D, dopp.

yeah... SniHjen is probably a cultist.

There's also the fact that we haven't tried to analyze the kills... Why would the cultists kill Janus?  Because they thought he was a dopp?  Maybe, but it can also be because he was a threat to one of them.  That could be SniHjen.

Of course, finding the last dopp is going to be fairly impossible now unless we get real lucky or the dopp does something real stupid.  Although the dopp could be either a lurker or a talkative person, as the last two dopp deaths tell.
Toony... Please!  Learn how to play mafia... You're saying that it's easier to find a scumpartner of 2 flipped scum?  That's outright dumb. 

When does Nuke come back? 
Where's pandar? Mr.Person? R1ck? Beacon80? inaluct? 
Why did Archangel join if he is not playing?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2009, 02:50:15 pm »

I said it would be harder Alexhans.  I think impossible means harder.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2009, 02:58:27 pm »

that's my point...

You're saying that it's harder to find scum a member of a team whose members have already flipped...

As opposed to finding a scum member of a team of wich you know nothing about....

::)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2009, 03:00:17 pm »

Oh don't worry, finding the Cult will be easy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2009, 03:05:42 pm »

Right, please stop voting for SniHjen guys, he doesn't mean any harm. I'm putting his strange decisions down to Nervous Beginnerism. I honestly believe he is a normal human.
And Servant Corps, What the hell are you thinking? You say you want town to win, but you would prefer to lynch a supposed cultist instead of completely removing an anti-town night kill. This, built on my previous suspicions has made me decide that you, Servant Corps, are the last Doppelganger.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2009, 03:42:28 pm »

Explain.

I don't think the Cult has claws. They're humans. Now, the Cult may have Claws, and this was a Cult kill. That is the most likely explaination. But it doesn't seem right. One idea could be that only Doppelgangers have claws, so the Doppelgangers may have been mind-controlled, but that cannot be right, as we know that chaoticjosh was killed by the Doppelgangers.

What the hell are you thinking? You say you want town to win, but you would prefer to lynch a supposed cultist instead of completely removing an anti-town night kill.

Because I still want to see if the Doppelganger wants to side with the Town. If he doesn't (and all signs currently appear that he does not) then I'll vote for lynching him.

webadict and Frelock in fact pointed out a flaw in my strategy that I did not anticipate, so I am also taking that into account.

I realize that putting more pressure on the Doppelganger might get him to see the error of his ways. Fine, Unvote.

EchoP, you are the lone Doppelganger. Just roleclaim and explain why the Town should spare you.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2009, 04:52:28 pm »

I realize that putting more pressure on the Doppelganger might get him to see the error of his ways. Fine, Unvote.

EchoP, you are the lone Doppelganger. Just roleclaim and explain why the Town should spare you.
Hi. I am totally not. :) I am a vanilla townie looking for a SniHjen lynch, because he is cult. Can people please go back and reread the thread, and notice that he has not answered one of the accusations levellled at him, by me or others. He started a bandwagon on myself without any reasons at all, and has not justified it since.

To preempt some questions:
-I roleclaimed at this stage because a bandwagon appears to be forming. We need to be voting for SniHjen.
-My anger in the last few posts has been a combination of tiredness and the fact that SniHjen is obviously scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2009, 04:55:45 pm »

I agree with EchoP.  He's innocent.  As far as I can see he is a normal townie.  Analyze and make accusations as you must.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2009, 04:58:48 pm »

Also, I don't like how Servant Corps and SniHjen are acting.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2009, 08:00:07 pm »

Im sorry meph. Surprise vacation.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2009, 09:03:07 pm »

Oh don't worry, finding the Cult will be easy.
Reeeeeally, now? Why's that?

Also, I don't like how Servant Corps and SniHjen are acting.
I don't like how you're acting. Gonna do anything about it?

Just come out and admit your guilt dopp.  We'll be sure to spare you.   ;D
Seriously? That's lame man. This post is full of nothing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2009, 09:04:42 pm »

Ok.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2009, 09:52:10 pm »

Vote Count:
*SniHjen: EchoP (1)
*EchoP: SniHjen, Servant Corps (2)
*Servant Corps: Kashyyk (1)
*Twigge: Webadict (1)

I did this because I really think we need some more people to vote. ToonyMan and the lurkers, for instance. We likely will get more voters.

EchoP: SniHjen did respond to your allegations. On Day 1.

Quote from: SniHjen
On a more serious note:

Am I seriously the only one you find suspicious?

What is your opinion on:

Webadicts logic?

Toonymans behaviour.

Servant corps-es survior claim?

chaoticjoshs claim that he would rather take the change of a lynching, than reveal his role?

Quote from: EchoP
Honestly, you are the only one who I have found suspicious because I haven't read the rest of the thread. But people were complaining about lurking, so I figured I might as well get a vote out on the table.

I will get back to your points when I can.

And in Day 2...
This is a weak argument and you know it. I did not say that I voted for you because I had not read the thread. What I saw was a suspicious post by you, and threw my vote at it. You were, and still are the most suspicious person to me. The fact that I had not been following the thread is irrelevant, as a scum tell is always a scum tell.

You voted primarly so that people would not call you out on lurking, and you choosen SniHjen because you did not read the rest of the thread. One day, you were voting people because you did not read the thread, the next day, you were voting because you saw a suspicious post, and that was the only suspicious post you found?

You certainly have known about my survivor alien claim, and the chaoticjosh schuffle was only three posts above your original post. You didn't even bother to answer SniHjen's question...and you call SniHjen out because he refuses to answer your question (even though he did)?

Further, you did post earlier in the thread:

Quote from: Rysith
I echo the comments that there are many, many players. Especially when they can generate four pages of posts before I notice that it's started. I'll random vote for EchoP, though. He hasn't posted yet, and getting everyone to speak up a bit is good, especially the new players.

Hey. I have no suspicions as of yet, but I will look into it.

Rysith replied you, saying:

Quote from: Rysith
Fake edit: unvote, since EchoP posted. Echo, any comments on the game thus far, even if you have no suspicions?

You did not reply to Rysith on this issue. Instead, you replied:

Don't worry guys, I'm back!  :)

I have been playing another rather intense mafia game on another board, so have not had much time for this game. Add to that 50 new posts every time I come and check the thread and we have a ready made lurker. But, the other game is over now, so I should be able to catch up.

Again, I have only been reading sporadically, and so I only have one suspicion.

And that suspicion was SniHjen.

Keep in mind, your original allegation was good. You pointed out that SniHjen wants to cover his move, and you predicted that he would create a list. But are you town? You refused to answer SniHjen's question and Rysith's question, because you sought to create a dogpile on SniHjen, and only SniHjen. You did not want to be pinned down on any issue, you are willing to go with the flow of the town. You even admitted you don't want to be considered a "lurker".

No.

I am a vanilla townie looking for a SniHjen lynch, because he is cult.

A Townie role does nothing. It's a role that is easy to fake. That being said, a scum would rather claim some other power role, like say, the Doctor. People are going to hestiate if someone claims Doctor.

I'm not going to be WIFOMed though. Your previous statements, contradictions, and evasions suggest that you are in fact scum. Both EchoP and SniHjen needs to be lynched. The only question is, in what order?
Meanwhile: ToonyMan, justify why you think EchoP is not scum. Kasyyk, justify why you think SniHjen is not scum. Saying that they're pro-town doesn't count.

Webadict, I assume you got some sort of list by which you go down, lynching each person as you go? You haven't voted yet or commented on the current argument, but instead looking at ToonyMan.

Also, Alexhans, an update on the claws:
You guess that Janus was in fact a doppelganger himself, and these cloths reflect his earlier kills.

So that is where the claw marks come from. Oops. So, I guess the doppelganger was sacrificed by the Cult.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47