Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 4917766 times)

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Hotstuck: [S][A6I3]
« Reply #41790 on: October 12, 2012, 09:32:32 pm »

All we need is Jake, and it'll be a rumble between the three biggest pansies in all of Homestuck.

Excuse you. John's Mangrit is so high it's embarassing. Tavros probably barely cleared his echeladder. There is no comparison between them.

Kick his ass, Tavros. I believe in you.

The idea of Tavros fighting John for anything at all is laughable.

What, just because John went toe-to-toe with Jack? I bet Tavros could have beaten him on the spot.

The only way Tavros could beat Bec Noir is if the latter swallowed his tongue while laughing at the former.

Y'know... now that I think about it, Tavros has controlled Becquerel before... And Bec Noir has been shown to inherit some of Becquerel's mentality... Tavros might actually have a shot here.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41791 on: October 12, 2012, 11:53:04 pm »

Speaking of Bec's mentality, why did Jack have no apparent problem killing Rose despite being prototyped with Jaspers? Are cats canonically assholes?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41792 on: October 12, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »

Uh... wasn't her's prototyped with a princess doll thing? Hence the chokey-tentacles and lack of cat-features?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41793 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:48 am »

Uh... wasn't her's prototyped with a princess doll thing? Hence the chokey-tentacles and lack of cat-features?

A Cthulhu princess doll and Jaspers.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41794 on: October 13, 2012, 12:12:51 am »

Rose prototyped twice before entering. First was Jaspers, second was Princess Cthulhu.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41795 on: October 13, 2012, 12:33:41 am »

There were cat ears on everything before Bec, too. That was about it, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41796 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:22 am »

I think Bec's mad First Guardian-ness overrode a lot of the personality thingies added before. At least, that's what I believe.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Meansdarling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41797 on: October 13, 2012, 01:28:47 am »

Jasper was dead and only a normal cat.

Bec was alive and a god powered being.

It makes sense that Bec overwrote everything else.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41798 on: October 13, 2012, 01:30:50 am »

I'm not sure how, though. Neither really has much of an effect on personality, as far as I can tell. Bec had the mind of a dog, and Jaspers is just as catly as ever post-death, just with the ability to speak, which seems to be a princess doll thing (since Becsprite couldn't).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41799 on: October 13, 2012, 02:43:13 am »

Guys. He's a freaking cat. Y'know, the aloof bastards who aren't exactly known for their loyalty?

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #41800 on: October 13, 2012, 02:50:18 am »

He seems to be able to turn aspects (well, physical aspects at the very least) of the prototyping on and off, as we've seen with the tentacles.  Maybe he's just disabled the Jaspers part of himself, but won't do the same for the Bec part due to the power it gives him.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41801 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:33 am »

Guys. He's a freaking cat. Y'know, the aloof bastards who aren't exactly known for their loyalty?

Except Jaspers has been shown to be pretty genuinely affectionate towards Rose, and also enjoyed talking with Nepeta.

I think the reason he'd be unable to turn off the Bec portion willingly is that Bec's personality seems to influence him in multiple ways. Some subtle, but on other matters he absolutely will not budge. Like killing Jade, and presumably shutting off the "Bec" portion.

Plus, the power is just too much of a good thing, so Jack has no reason to get rid of it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41802 on: October 13, 2012, 05:32:40 am »

If he could turn off the portion of becsprite that keeps him from stabbing people, he would do it in a heartbeat. After all, stabs are stabs, and he could turn it back on later. My guess is that unlike the tentacles, which are physical appendages, he cannot turn off his feelings of loyalty.

As for why he would still kill Rose, well I guess that's because Bec was the only live pre-entry prototype and as such was the only thing to affect his mentality.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41803 on: October 13, 2012, 05:36:44 am »

I still say it's because Bec's, you know, a FIRST GUARDIAN, and as such was never meant to be prototyped in the first place. Thus it causes all sorts of glitches in the game, such as overriding the personalities of any construct that are influenced by the prototyping. Thus, Jack now being dog-like and not wanting to murder people the dog liked.

IDE/THEORY: Jack will also be unable to attack Jake, because Becquerel will recognize the scent of Grandpa Harley.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41804 on: October 13, 2012, 10:21:55 am »

IDE/THEORY: Jack will also be unable to attack Jake, because Becquerel will recognize the scent of Grandpa Harley.
I'd wager against this - Tavros was able to get Bec to murder Grandpa Harley, although perhaps Tavros' mind powers are just that awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 2785 2786 [2787] 2788 2789 ... 3524