Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3686937 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: that sure is a lot of plot
« Reply #4275 on: May 25, 2013, 09:55:08 pm »

Wait...

Oh so that's why there was more than 1 of the images. I accidentally added another image initially instead of changing it to the one with the south exit.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:43 pm »

HE DIDN'T HAVE THAT PURPLE GEM A SECOND AGO WHAT THE HELL

"Show me your Soul Star, I want to see how it's changed. If we pay attention, maybe we can stop the horrible pain."

Also, let's go north. Because west and south don't exist.
+1, and I believe he gained it because a purple gem moved to the first slot in his soul star. Speaking of which, we should attempt to sell the gems that Yaos is causing to appear.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:01 pm »

We've now had a total of 12 updates since Ciro went to 9/8 HP (including the update where it first went over). So, that shoots a hole in GWG's theory from this post, about the blood being from going over max HP. However, Ciro was also overflowing on SP at that point, and is not now. So, for ‼SCIENCE‼:

Restore SP at fountain, save, bloodshape a slingshot (ranged weapon, so it should cost MSP), restore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: May 25, 2013, 10:14:22 pm »

...Hmm, could this mean that Ciro's bleeding didn't have to do with the bloodshape, but rather with her soul star?
How?

We've now had a total of 12 updates since Ciro went to 9/8 HP (including the update where it first went over). So, that shoots a hole in GWG's theory from this post, about the blood being from going over max HP. However, Ciro was also overflowing on SP at that point, and is not now. So, for ‼SCIENCE‼:
Excuse me, huh?
1. I didn't count the Al/Wilford things because...they didn't take time from the present. And the exact time was just what made me look into it.
2. I'm just generally confused about what you're saying.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: May 25, 2013, 10:19:15 pm »

...Hmm, could this mean that Ciro's bleeding didn't have to do with the bloodshape, but rather with her soul star?
How?

Excuse me, huh?
1. I didn't count the Al/Wilford things because...they didn't take time from the present. And the exact time was just what made me look into it.
2. I'm just generally confused about what you're saying.

Oh, I thought you were counting total updates. I misunderstood, and thought that, since it's been 12 updates, there wasn't a connection between coughing up blood and being over max HP. Instead, I was wondering if it was connected to being over max SP, so I suggested a course of action that would put Ciro over to see the results.

Restoring SP at the fountain would put us at 6/6. Saving lets us store the 6 SP value. Bloodshaping a slingshot shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 MSP, so we'd either be at 5/5 or 4/4. Restoring would put our current SP at 6, although the MSP would be 5 or 4.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: May 25, 2013, 10:23:49 pm »

When did we do that and what is the relevance?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:41 pm »

Ciro has had 9/8 HP since making the Anticoagulator.

Update -10
This is another one of those numbers where you would expect something if it was a delayed effect.
And what do you know, guess what we did?

We should check back earlier, compile arguments until we have a solid one. Basically, my guess as to what happened is:
1. We cheated the save system.
2. We got HP>MHP
3. This, possibly due to paradox but more likely due to "overflowing" with blood, caused stress inside Ciro's body.
4. This caused a timed effect to activate: 10 turns later, we would have a sort of internal bleeding thing.
I need to check this more thoroughly, but it makes sense to me. For future reference: This turn is on page 168.

So, either Ciro should have internal bleeding soon (assuming conversation-only updates don't count), or the cause is something different.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: May 25, 2013, 10:29:41 pm »

HE DIDN'T HAVE THAT PURPLE GEM A SECOND AGO WHAT THE HELL

"Show me your Soul Star, I want to see how it's changed. If we pay attention, maybe we can stop the horrible pain."

Also, let's go north. Because west and south don't exist.
+1, and I believe he gained it because a purple gem moved to the first slot in his soul star. Speaking of which, we should attempt to sell the gems that Yaos is causing to appear.

Hm. If so, then the #1 slot just shows the last thing we received. It also means that the sequence of events to figure out is "Red Seven moves into first slot, does nothing, when it disappears from first slot HORRIBLE PAIN." I think we should shoot Yaos in the face the next time a red number is about to enter the first slot, confirm it doesn't heal him.

Also, if this guy poops healing gems the way he seems to, we've found our healer! Though I still distrust him.

Also, as far as Ciro Blood Pain, I think we should be looking at our similarities with Yaos and his red number, as the symptoms are strikingly similar. Also I suspect if we don't figure it out in time Yaos might DIE.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: May 25, 2013, 10:33:55 pm »

Lets not shoot our ally in the face without explaining why. That seems like it could get misinterpreted.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: May 25, 2013, 10:37:18 pm »

Let's not shoot our ally in the face, since we could very well 'luck out' on our damage roll and critically murder him.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:05 pm »

Lets not shoot our ally in the face without explaining why. That seems like it could get misinterpreted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:14 pm »

Ciro has had 9/8 HP since making the Anticoagulator.
Ah. How many updates ago was that? If that's the case, my whole theory about HC crumbles...although the HC actually can be saved for later, now that I think about it...

+1
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: May 25, 2013, 10:42:16 pm »

"No seriously, listen man. What I plan on doing. Is to shoot you in the face. With a shotgun made of blood. Hear me out, this is for figuring out what the red number stuff does."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: May 25, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »

Then again.... That name involves debt of some sort...

Maybe in order to provide all other functions, it takes away  a requisite soul charge number, to even out the debt provided by getting all the other numbers. Which could explain why it hurts him more and more, as he gets lower; closer to becoming Illborn
As his soul star name kind of translates to "Indebted Magical Forge/Crafter"

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: May 25, 2013, 11:06:52 pm »

Then again.... That name involves debt of some sort...

Maybe in order to provide all other functions, it takes away  a requisite soul charge number, to even out the debt provided by getting all the other numbers. Which could explain why it hurts him more and more, as he gets lower; closer to becoming Illborn
As his soul star name kind of translates to "Indebted Magical Forge/Crafter"
actually, when we first got him to join up, his soul charge was as high as Riltia's, but now it's almost empty.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 1544