Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44

Author Topic: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Twi wants you to do it again  (Read 65560 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- Alamo!
« Reply #450 on: October 13, 2009, 09:29:54 pm »

Once I've allowed a ship, you're free to use it as cheaply as you wish (in this case hiding behind your Aegis is just part of the game, you're dancing rings around the bigger ship, but watch out for those maneuverable TIE fighters!)

Diakron can consider himself signed up again, right behind Akigakak.

Also, in the future, I'll try to replace less frequent updates with smaller ones. It seems like it would be better to keep the thread alive.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 13, 2009, 11:11:54 pm »

Oh, and definitely make that 12 shotgun 12 bullet speed, it has this awesome waterfall effect...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 15, 2009, 03:53:52 pm »

Hmm... if I made my own ship, what are the chances of you letting me use it?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 15, 2009, 07:01:30 pm »

I made my own ship and I got to use it, with some modifications...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2009, 09:32:21 pm »

Very high. I'd rather modify a ship to make it stronger/weaker than deny it. Of course, that depends on the ship itself- it IS possible that some 1000 unit long God Ship of Space Alien Godliness won't be let in. But you know, within reason, you can probably get away with a lot (still, no superweapons).

Speaking of superweapons, I'll test out that shotgun after this coming battle.

Update either tonight or tomorrow. Or Saturday. But soon, trust me.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2009, 10:00:47 pm »

Yeah, it is kind of uber, using an 8, 6, or 4 variant might make it functional, or using a base that doesn't have penetration. I was hoping that the long reload time would balance it out but it is really unpleasant towards interior sections and components. Maybe if the damage was adjusted to 10 and the damage per hit went down to 2 it could keep the theme with a power reduction, it would only be reduced to 1/6th for most purposes...
Read the First Post!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 15, 2009, 10:23:07 pm »

If it's already done, then feel free to post pictures/information/files. There's no harm done in a bad suggestion.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 17, 2009, 01:33:42 am »

Aaaand we're back!

"GENTLEMEN!"
Odd as it feels, Sensei must be addressing you, since there's nobody else around.
"TODAY, we shall bear our force against a mighty enemy, that we might not all return! And today I call upon an old proverb- keep your friends close, and stick them between you and your enemies!"
"Yes, I REmBEr that provERB."
"RAM, shut it!" This time it was CJ.
"Yes, indeed, CJ- we don't need any of RAM's nons-"
"NO, and you shut it too!"
"My plan remains. Stick behind the leviathan, and let it take the brunt of the damage, since it's a rental."
All were in favor.

The first volley of missiles flies at the Leviathan... and, anticlimactically, they run out of fuel and reactivate their safeties before they reach their target.

You wait until the enemy ship clashes with the leviathan. When its deflectors are overloaded, Sensei calls for a charge. RAM heads towards the back of the enemy ship, where its heavy weapons will be facing his aegis.

Zchris scores a big hit on the ship, and CJ aligns himself to target the TIE fighters. RAM is... uh... having a thruster failure...

Despite his idiot speech, Sensei is credit to team- the foe's primary weapons succumb to the Mauler's Autocannons!

Meanwhile CJ lies amidst a field of debris, his puny mortal foes falling as wheat to a scythe, and fleeing like the cowards they are BEFORE HIS BURNING WRATH! RUN, COWARDS! I HUNGER!

You chase your crippled foe across the starscape! Pillage and burn!

I didn't catch SHADOWdump's flamethrower, but it's what exposed the core. CJ and Shadow finished him with obscene amounts of blaster fire.

AFTER BATTLE REPORT
I need to fix some AI bugs, but other than that it was great. Zchris might be in line for a (slight) nerfing, or it's time for buffing all around. Either way, that ship fell way faster than I thought it would- although the Leviathan absorbing its alpha and sinking its deflectors surely had something to do with that. Nobody was seriously damaged in this battle.

Redwarrior0 should have his ship rebuilt and have some deflectors. Tomorrow I'll post Zorgn's fresh new cruiser.

There's also the matter of what to do with a couple torpedo launchers you've recovered. You have a nanorepairer as well- however, it's an extremely complex device, and you're not sure how to use it.

The shotgun is in testing. By which I mean, I hope to get around to testing it. However, I dunno about putting it on RAM's ship- shotgun+aegis seems weird, and probably pretty cheap if it can fire through the aegis.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 03:58:45 pm by Sensei »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- RUN, COWARDS! I HUNGER!
« Reply #458 on: October 17, 2009, 01:49:18 am »

No pictures?

Also,may I have my ship's sb4 file? I just wanna take a look at the flamethrower stats mostly. Maybe throw it into battle for the hell of it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 01:55:32 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP- Battleships Forever ͽMutinyͼ -- RUN, COWARDS! I HUNGER!
« Reply #459 on: October 17, 2009, 01:54:49 am »

Oh balls...

Holdon, I'm going to fix it- and I'll update the title when I do, too.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*tries to blow some of the rust out of the engines.*

I call dibs on the nanorepairer! Just strap it on and I am sure I will have figured it out by the time I reach the base...

Nice update, How many TIEs ended up on the field?

Ooooh, I just noticed, my PD missiles were firing! next time I will have to remember to switch them to offensive mode. I should probably be offensive all the time...

Oh, and if I get to choose I would rather have the punt gun, I guess I just have a thing for sabot cannons...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 05:27:36 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 17, 2009, 08:04:56 pm »

Zorgn scores a big hit on the ship, and CJ aligns himself to target the TIE fighters. RAM is... uh... having a thruster failure...

O.o

I thought I was on the sidelines for this one. Was I driving the space station or did I man a turret on somebody's ship?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are the TIEs armed with?
Read the First Post!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

You should increase the reload times on my blasters.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, it was Zchris. Fixed that. I think I've been making more and more weird mistakes like that lately, as well as leaning more heavily on the Firefox spellchecker... I blame spending more time doing schoolwork. Which wouldn't bother me much if I was actually learning something, but I feel like the curriculum hasn't changed since 5th grade... /rant

Anyway, four TIEs launched in that battle (Heh, it sort of surprised me when I realized that they were launching of their own accord). They're armed with two blasters. Not exactly well defended though- like you can see, they're all disarmed in short order.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 44