Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127

Author Topic: Vester's Doodle-Project: GENTLEMEN.  (Read 139861 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Vester's Doodle-Project: GENTLEMEN.
« Reply #1065 on: November 10, 2009, 01:44:07 am »

Does this mean that the bay12 last supper might one day see the light of day?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 10, 2009, 04:59:05 am »

Yes. Yes it may.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 10, 2009, 06:02:53 am »

HUZZAH!
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32:39 am »

I am having regrets about ever suggesting that.

Speaking of regrets, may I ask to see what you think the U-Man represents? There is the ever-stylish U-head caricature, but in the DF context of the symbol representing something what do you find it represents in terms of a human avatar?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 10, 2009, 07:35:59 am »

I've always wondered about that myself. As it stands, I find the U alone extremely evocative - it doesn't make any distinction between race, gender. It just shows a profession, and that's it. I guess in a more meta sense we eventually come to identify people more with what they do than their appearance.

Guh. You made me think.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 10, 2009, 07:39:25 am »

I've always wondered about that myself. As it stands, I find the U alone extremely evocative - it doesn't make any distinction between race, gender. It just shows a profession, and that's it. I guess in a more meta sense we eventually come to identify people more with what they do than their appearance.

How in the... I don't even...

Guh?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 10, 2009, 07:41:07 am »

Well, I do represent a female U as a pink one in a rather mildly sexist way. But this is just what I use when messing about and not the traditional DF symbol representation.

And note it shows race/object as well, although I have yet to find people who use E, ☺ or k consistently.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 10, 2009, 07:44:51 am »

if you are taking requests...

I request a rendition of my face, as shown in my current avatar.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:55 am »

Sure! But I have a pretty large backlog to work through, so it might be a while.

Well, I do represent a female U as a pink one in a rather mildly sexist way. But this is just what I use when messing about and not the traditional DF symbol representation.

And note it shows race/object as well, although I have yet to find people who use E, ☺ or k consistently.

By race, I meant, Caucasian, etc. ;D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 10, 2009, 07:46:45 am »

(ಠ_ృ)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 10, 2009, 08:09:44 am »

ಠ_ಠ

(Okay guys, don't spam the smiley).

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 10, 2009, 08:13:39 am »

( ° 3°)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 10, 2009, 08:32:59 am »

But yes, will you do this for me? I suppose I should provide some basic criteria for the human representation, but unlike others I would like to gague how others think of me through more subtle ways.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 10, 2009, 08:34:48 am »

Well i'm afraid ever since you changed your avatar to that Duke, you've become that guy on a horse, rearing in the sunset, sword outraise and flag held high.

Possibly one could replace the man with a large green U, but the hat would have to stay.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 10, 2009, 08:35:09 am »

But yes, will you do this for me? I suppose I should provide some basic criteria for the human representation, but unlike others I would like to gague how others think of me through more subtle ways.

I... can try.

PM me the details! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 127