Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35583 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2009, 06:06:07 am »

Nope. Just demonstrating (once Webby returns) that a new letter is revealed each time I vote.

Most of you will know what I am by the third letter, I assume. You will not believe it. You may be inclined to ask in disbelief, "Pandarsenic, are you w_______?"

Whereupon I explode.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2009, 09:56:50 am »

And I know that that wasn't directed at me, Free Beer, but for my part, I think the Infinity Voter should wait a day (or maybe two) before revealing.  It's not critical that we know right now, just that we don't end up with scum with that power at a game ending point.

And from experience in the last two Vote Mafias, we'll figure out who everyone is soon enough.  Especially with a Vote Reporter in play.

Oh, and Pandarsenic, do you get another letter each time you change your vote?  Or just the first vote?

And webadict, are we not supposed to know how many scum there are?  I cannot find it either. Or is this one of those "twists the planners throw in for fun?"
It's a twist!

No, it's fine. It's 3. I always like about 25%. I might need it to be more eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2009, 09:57:06 am »

I think it's a scum role, that has nothing to do with reality.

And what makes you think it's a scum role? I bet you Webadict just randomly assigns the roles to random people on random teams.

He's confirmed this is the case.

And I know that that wasn't directed at me, Free Beer, but for my part, I think the Infinity Voter should wait a day (or maybe two) before revealing.  It's not critical that we know right now, just that we don't end up with scum with that power at a game ending point.

And from experience in the last two Vote Mafias, we'll figure out who everyone is soon enough.  Especially with a Vote Reporter in play.

Oh, and Pandarsenic, do you get another letter each time you change your vote?  Or just the first vote?

And webadict, are we not supposed to know how many scum there are?  I cannot find it either. Or is this one of those "twists the planners throw in for fun?"

Unvote, vote ToonyMan.
E

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2009, 11:07:36 am »

Role NameKnown ByClaimed By
Vote CounterFrelock?
Infinity VoterToonyMan?
Copycat Voterchaoticjosh?
(something)PandarsenicPandarsenic
Fibonacci VoterFree Beer?
Double-VoterMephansteras?
Vote AmplifierMr. Person?
Unlimited VoterDiakron?
Negative Votermajor_sephiroth?
No VoterJanusTwoFace?

Have not yet shared revealed roles:
Org
RedWarrior0

Have not posted since the Day began:
Org
RedWarrior0

Those two really need to post, if only to let us know that they aren't dead.

I think it's a scum role, that has nothing to do with reality.

And what makes you think it's a scum role? I bet you Webadict just randomly assigns the roles to random people on random teams.

He's confirmed this is the case.

I don't understand. How is ToonyMan confirmed for thinking a randomly assigned role is a scum role?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2009, 11:17:41 am »

I know the Motivater

They can give a player an extra vote

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:32 am »

And I know the Triple Voter, similar to Double, plus another vote

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2009, 11:33:36 am »

Alright, so everyone's posted, and all the roles are known.  In case I'm still voting, Unvote.

Role NameKnown ByClaimed By
Vote CounterFrelock?
Infinity VoterToonyMan?
Copycat Voterchaoticjosh?
(something)PandarsenicPandarsenic
Fibonacci VoterFree Beer?
Double-VoterMephansteras?
Vote AmplifierMr. Person?
Unlimited VoterDiakron?
Negative Votermajor_sephiroth?
No VoterJanusTwoFace?
MotivatorOrg?
Triple VoterRedWarrior?

Now, to those who are certain that the infinity voter is scum, let me refer you to game one:
Players:
Org -Swing Voter
Mr.Person - Infinity Voter
Pandarsenic - Forceful Voter
inaluct - Negative Voter
ToonyMan - Secret Voter
Kashyyk/Leafsnail - Lovestruck Voter [ToonyMan]
Mephansteras - Motivational Voter
Frelock - Vote Counter
chaoticjosh - Triple Voter
JanusTwoFace - Lynch Delayer
Zaithemaster - Vote Blocker

There is no role that is definitely town, and no role that is definitely scum, though no voter sounds like a really bum role for scum (though not as bad as Panda's).  Has anyone considered the possibility that panda is scum?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2009, 11:51:21 am »

That's all of them, then.

At this point, I think it is safe to say the following:
  • Pandarsenic is telling the truth about his role. The weird rules have already been demonstrated, and if anyone else knew about said rules they would have mentioned it. Whether he is telling the truth about his alignment is up for debate.
  • Org, Red Warrior Naught, and ToonyMan aren't really putting any effort into the game. This might be normal behavior for some of them.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the following:
  • As with previous Vote Mafias, it is likely that webadict attempted to balance the scum team. If two people have similar powers, I'm willing to bet at least one is scum.
  • Toward that end, I think at one person in each of the following sets: {Infinity Voter, Unlimited Voter, Double Voter, Triple Voter, Fibonacci Voter}, {Vote Counter, Copycat Voter}, and {No Voter, Vote Amplifier, Motivator, Negative Voter, (whatever Pandarsenic's role is), Unknown Voter} is scum.
  • The reasoning is simple: With that setup, the mafia gets one information gathering power, one lynch power, and one buddying/"unlikely to be scum" power.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2009, 11:57:15 am »

But if Pandar is scum, all we have to do is name his role and he dies.  So I'm not as worried about that right now as I could be.  Unless of course he was lying about that...  That might be an interesting can of worms.

Player 1: *Pandar's role*
Webadict: *nothing*
Player 1: But you're supposed to kill him.
Pandar: Mwa ha ha.  Vote.  Dead.

Oh, and I agree with chaoticjosh.  Pandar, when you replied to my post by voting ToonyMan, I was rather confused.  It makes more sense now.

And thanks for showing up Org and RedWarrior0.  But that wasn't really much to say.  Do either of you have any suspicious thus far?

Toony being quiet is unusual.  He's usually much more talkative.  This is suspicious behavior in my book.  Actually, enough to vote ToonyMan.  Any explanation, Toony?  Besides scum-being?

Also, I see what you mean about the team balancing.  Of course I wouldn't but it past webadict to put a twist in the game and not do that this time around.

At some point, the Vote Counter should use that ability.  Maybe not yet, because we still have more than half(ish?) people not voting so we wouldn't gather maximal information.  But at some point.  Roles like that help out the uninformed / informed bit.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2009, 12:23:31 pm »

I'm going to reveal my role, seeing that Diakron can confirm me.

I am the Unlimited Voter, sorry for the confusion, but I think the Infinity Voter is scum because his role is suspiciously like mine, and so far in these Vote Mafia games, people who have similar roles usually one of them is scum.

The Infinity Voter is also more powerful than me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:23 pm »

Actually, ToonyMan, the vote counter is the obvious counter to your role, although the infinity voter is another counter as well. However, counter-role |= scum.

Vote Free Beer. Ignore his list, it probably has 2 scum in one of the groups. I think he's scum trying to "clear" a teamate. If not that, then he's just an idiot who might accidentally "clear" a scum in any case.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2009, 12:37:49 pm »

Actually, ToonyMan, the vote counter is the obvious counter to your role, although the infinity voter is another counter as well. However, counter-role |= scum.

Vote Free Beer. Ignore his list, it probably has 2 scum in one of the groups. I think he's scum trying to "clear" a teamate. If not that, then he's just an idiot who might accidentally "clear" a scum in any case.

On what grounds do you think I am wrong? I think my reasoning is sound. The only way I could be wrong is if what Janus said is correct, that webadict predicted a move like mine and deliberately constructed the teams differently to prevent the strategy from succeeding. Which, by the way, is assumes a WIFOM on the part of webadict.

Perhaps it is you that is scum and you are trying to deflect attention from my accurate list?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2009, 12:45:23 pm »

If I remember correct, in both of the previous rounds, Webadict has said that the teams were random.  Albeit, random with a tendency to be balanced.  So basing all of your thinking, especially this early, on balanced teams is kind of strange.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2009, 12:45:33 pm »

On what grounds do you think I am wrong? I think my reasoning is sound. The only way I could be wrong is if what Janus said is correct, that webadict predicted a move like mine and deliberately constructed the teams differently to prevent the strategy from succeeding. Which, by the way, is assumes a WIFOM on the part of webadict.

Perhaps it is you that is scum and you are trying to deflect attention from my accurate list?

Webadict doesn't "constuct" the list, it's totally random who gets what role. Now you're just being WAY overly defensive.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2009, 12:57:52 pm »

Webadict doesn't "constuct" the list, it's totally random who gets what role. Now you're just being WAY overly defensive.

I'm not talking about "who gets what role." I am talking about "what role gets what alignment." Why are you attempting to twist my words into what they are not? This is the second time you've done this.

If you review the previous two rounds, especially round two, you will find that people used reasoning just like mine in order to nail the mafia, and it worked. Why are you attacking me for using a tried-and-true method?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35