Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35713 times)

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2009, 09:15:20 pm »

If you aren't planning to hunt for scum, how do you expect to win the game? Or are you scum and you plan to win differently?

If you were planning to ask one of the other players out on a date before you NK them, who do you ask?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2009, 09:21:41 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure all of the players are guys, but if gender is out of the question, and if I had a night kill, I would choose major sephiroth for, well, the same reason Toony voted for him to be honest.

And by not scumhunter, I mean not a cabable scumhunter.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2009, 09:26:18 pm »

Well, I'm pretty sure all of the players are guys, but if gender is out of the question, and if I had a night kill, I would choose major sephiroth for, well, the same reason Toony voted for him to be honest.

And by not scumhunter, I mean not a cabable scumhunter.

The only people with night kills in this game are the mafia. So you think ToonyMan is voting sephiroth because ToonyMan is mafia?

Even if you really are bad at hunting for scum, that doesn't answer the question of how you expect to win if you're town.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »

If you were planning to ask one of the other players out on a date before you NK them, who do you ask?

Best. [Expletive]. Mafia. Question. Ever.

But that aside... FoS Free Beer and FoS RedWarrior0.

Free Beer because he's being a bit aggressive in trying to get RW0 to slip up badly (in a way that FB could exploit, if FB's scum). RedWarrior0 because he admits to not trying to scumhunt.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2009, 09:50:26 pm »

And poof, like that, he's gone.

Maybe someday RedWarrior0 will look back on the previous conversation fondly as the day he decided to start scumhunting and realized he enjoyed it.

I think I'll Unvote and vote for someone more likely to come out of his shell, like chaoticjosh.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »

The only people with night kills in this game are the mafia. So you think ToonyMan is voting sephiroth because ToonyMan is mafia?

This is suspicious.  That's not at all what I read that as at all.  If I read correctly, ToonyMan was voting major_sephiroth for one of two reasons:
- To avoid lynching chaoticjosh.  I'm not terribly opposed to this idea.  If Josh is town, he could be a valuable asset.  If he's scum, we can kill him later.  And he seems less scummy than normal this time around.  (By that I mean less angry.  ;D)
- To make major_sephiroth talk.  This is the same reason I'm voting.  If sephiroth doesn't show up, then he's get lynched in all likelihood, but lynching lurkers isn't necessarily a bad thing.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »

And poof, like that, he's gone.

Maybe someday RedWarrior0 will look back on the previous conversation fondly as the day he decided to start scumhunting and realized he enjoyed it.

...I like you...

FoS FB again because I feel like I can trust him. That is a bad thing. A terrible thing, really. It always ends up badly when I trust someone (Frelock in Paranormal 2, Janus (for whatever reason) in the first VM).

...You people don't mind when I shorten your usernames for my own personal convenience, do you? >,>

WAIT! I vote for a Day Extension, since it's supposed to be ending in just a few hours. I want until at least tomorrow evening, when I have (hopefully) had time to re-examine things in here, which I did not have the time to do much of tonight, unfortunately. And several people changed their vote from who they would really vote for (or refrained from voting for those people yet) so that we could analyze more clearly the results from the Vote Count, so they'll need more time to change their votes back and all that good stuff.

And bah! I was going to say more about things, but I can't remember what it was. Hopefully a good night's sleep and some rereading tomorrow will remind me.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2009, 11:12:45 pm »

Well, if the day is indeed ending in a few hours, I too vote for a Day extention
All generalizations are false....including this one.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2009, 12:29:30 am »

Curse time zones making you all suspicious of me!

So this Vote Counter thing works, I'll vote Free Beer for being aggressive and trying to get people to vote haphazardly.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 01, 2009, 12:54:26 am »

Joshface may have learned his lesson from his slipup in the recent Paranormal; regardless, my vote counts for nothing anyway.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 01, 2009, 05:29:29 am »

Joshface may have learned his lesson from his slipup in the recent Paranormal; regardless, my vote counts for nothing anyway.

:-D

Also, vote day extension.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 01, 2009, 08:43:35 am »

Fourth on the day extension.

Curse time zones making you all suspicious of me!

So this Vote Counter thing works, I'll vote Free Beer for being aggressive and trying to get people to vote haphazardly.

FoS Sephiroth for being inconsistent: the "Vote Counter thing works," and yet he votes someone who already has votes on him in order prevent it from working. He also accused me of "trying to get people to vote haphazardly," yet never once did I ask anyone to vote for anyone else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2009, 10:12:00 am »

I'll cast another vote for a day extension. I want to see the Vote Counter do his thing. The more information we can get, the better off we are.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2009, 10:16:30 am »

Alright, since it seems as though the day's gonna be extended, we might as well also draw out whomever hasn't revealed their known role yet. Last time I check, there were two people to go?

...You people don't mind when I shorten your usernames for my own personal convenience, do you? >,>

I do that with, like, everyone Zai. People have yet to get angry at me.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2009, 10:20:21 am »

Alright, since it seems as though the day's gonna be extended, we might as well also draw out whomever hasn't revealed their known role yet. Last time I check, there were two people to go?

We got every role a while ago. You aren't paying attention. Is that intentional, are do you really just not care?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35