Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35733 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 1)
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2009, 10:02:33 pm »

Web____?  Ah oh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2009, 10:03:50 pm »

Yeah, that's why I said "don't even joke about it."

It's exactly what/who you think. DON'T SAY IT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2009, 10:08:14 pm »

Yeah, that's why I said "don't even joke about it."

It's exactly what/who you think. DON'T SAY IT.

:-D  I know.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2009, 10:11:34 pm »

wait help?
Back to Mafia with me!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:50 pm »

Web, do any of the other votes even matter at this point? If I was to add my votes to ToonyMan or Diakron, would they actually matter in who gets lynched? Or is this just a double-kill on the two of them and the rest of us are just observers?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2009, 10:52:30 pm »

x+1>x

its proven in math that if i get more then infinite becomes meaningless and the added is all that matters

(Sorry for popping in).

If you want to be technical about it, infinity is defined as "the thing that's bigger than all the other numbers."  Therefore, adding one doesn't do anything.  It's already bigger than all the other numbers, so who cares?

Therefore, infinity + 1 = infinity.  It's an upper boundary, not an actual number.

[/mathematical nitpickery]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2009, 10:56:38 pm »

Oh man.  Really?  That's awesome!  So his role is .......  Never mind.

Side note:
I'm half mathematician in real life and this whole discussion about Unlimited vs Infinite and all that garb is kind of crazy.  It's gets even crazier if you get into the difference between countable infinite and uncountably infinite and even crazier things.

I not sure what web's take on all this is so far as the game is concerned, but I would go with the Unlimited Voter being able to cast any number of votes.  They key though, is that infinite / infinity is not a number.  It's a concept.  So I dunno if you can actually choose to cast infinite votes as the Unlimited Voter.  That's all up to web, methinks.

On the other hand, an actual Infinite Voter just votes once and their vote counts as 'infinity' and cannot be beaten.  Mathematically, you cannot add anything to infinity, it's still infinity.  You can't multiply it, you can't divide, etc.  It's all still on the same order of infinity and thus the same thing.

Actually, this is all theoretical math theory stuff.  So maybe I'm thinking to much.  I'm going to go wonder off again...  ;D
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2009, 11:47:24 pm »

It's quite the scene...

Vote Tally

ToonyMan - JanusTwoface, Free Beer, Diakron (∞)
Free Beer - Mr.Person, major_sephiroth, Mephansteras, Org, Frelock (7)
Mr.Person - Zaithemaster (1)
Diakron - RedWarrior0, Pandarsenic, ToonyMan (∞)
Zaithemaster - chaoticjosh (1)

Seems something malfunctioned in the voting machines. No one can quite pinpoint it, but both ToonyMan and Diakron are eliminated from the game. As they try to leave, they fall into an automated pit. No one can hear them hit the bottom.

Luckily, there seems to be some leftover computer information on them. ToonyMan was an Unlimited Voter, while Diakron was an Infinity Voter. Neither seem to have been guilty of anything...

It is now Night.

Sorry about that little bug there. It's all fixed now. I'll make a quick fix of it for later Rounds.

Unlimited Voter - You have unlimited votes. However, if anyone you vote for is lynched, you lose your power to vote.

Infinity Voter - Once per game, you can make your vote count for infinite votes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Night 1)
« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2009, 08:34:58 am »

You wake up to find Frelock crumpled at the foot of the stairs. Seems he was murdered last night. Or just clumsy. Anyhow, you find that he seemed to be the Unknown Voter! Oooo, mysterious...

It is now Day.

Unknown Voter - You have an unknown number of votes each Day, ranging from negative five to five. You are told at the beginning of the Day.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #279 on: September 03, 2009, 11:04:46 am »

Well, that was dumb.

Janus, I don't like you. The reason I don't like you are clear, and it's because you remind of you during Round 1, where you were scum. Active enough to be involved, but not enough to attract attention to yourself. You analyze, but it never amounts to anything. You answer questions, but it smacks of trying to do it as innocently as possible, and frankly, I don't like it.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #280 on: September 03, 2009, 11:10:39 am »

Wow.  That was mildly problematic.  So we've lost the Infinity Voter, Unknown Voter, and Unlimited Voter, all of which had powerful roles and all of which were town.

That leaves the Double / Triple Voter, the Motivator / Amplifier, and and Fibonacci Voter eventually for the more powerful voting roles, at least one of which is likely to be scum (just by probability, we haven't found one yet).

I'm currently most suspicious of major_sephiroth at this point.  (Although chaoticjosh is up there just on general principal...)  He hasn't posted terribly much.  (Org is suspicious for the same reason).  I realize this isn't much to go on, I'm still sorting through everything.

So, what does everyone think about the situation thus far?

Specifically, Meph and Zai.  Who do each of you think is the most likely scum thus far?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2009, 11:16:55 am »

Nice deflection, Janus. You didn't even try to answer chaoticjosh's question.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2009, 11:23:22 am »

So, what does everyone think about the situation thus far?

It's crummy, that's what it is. I had my suspicions, but the pit of my stomach told me that something wasn't right with yesterday. Them (Toon and Diakron) stupidly going at eachothers throat was about as annoying as it could have ever possibly gotten, and was worse in the fact that it removed anyone else's ability to influence the vote.

There's another reason I don't like you though Janus, and it's because you voted for Toony along with Free Beer.

This doesn't really mean much, until you remember the copycat voter. If either your or FB are the copycat voter, then we have another fiasco on our hands with someone controlling today's lynch.

There's also the possibility of Redwarrior and Pandar, who voted for Diakron, but they voted before he revealed himself, and thus it would be a sheer stroke of bad luck if either was the CCV.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #283 on: September 03, 2009, 11:28:54 am »

That's because I was finished typing my response when he posted that.  I didn't feel like modifying my post to respond to that when I could just write another post.  And I've been paying attention to Weirdo Mafia right now.

Honestly, I didn't think of the Copycat Voter.  I can prove that I am not the Copycat voter, if you'd like me to.  It would require revealing my role, but I'm not terribly worried about that.

So far as my vote for Toony, I'm not the only who thought that he was being suspicious.  He was being somewhat quieter than normal and less zany.  It was enough to vote for him.  And by the time I was going to change my vote, ToonyMan / Diakron were controller the lynch.  So it wouldn't do any good.

And for RedWarrior0 and Pandar, they might not have known it ahead of time, but once they did known, all they had to do is not change.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 03, 2009, 11:57:47 am »

I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. My initial guess for who was scum was way off.

I'm interested in Zaithemaster's take on this situation. And I want major_sephiroth to show up and post today.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35