Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35580 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 2)
« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2009, 09:37:00 pm »

Well, here's the thing. Why would he come public with something like that? He's just drawing attention to himself... but he is getting reactions out of people. If Free Beer winds up being scum, it wouldn't shock me, although it would surprise me.  He's just playing like a townie so much it actually hurts the scum. If he is scum, he's just shooting himself in the foot.

Also, Janus, you do see the problem with an unlimited voter voting for himself, right? Also, nothing scummy about trying to get good roles from his ability. It's scummy if he's picking targets because of their ability, but if I were him and I was on the ropes and both people had claimed, I would pick the one with the better ability.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 03, 2009, 09:39:06 pm »

No progress will be made by indulging free beer's power fantasy. It didn't make progress yesterday, and it won't make progress today.

Lurkers like Org and Redwarrior (Red, posting once DOES NOT count as participating!) should not be ignored.

Let's see, I'll retract my suspicions on Janus for now, since I may have been mistaken. unvote.

I need to think for a bit, hold on.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2009, 09:42:51 pm »

Oh yeah.  Someone how I missed that one  :-\.  Well I guess the Unlimited Voter ends today, which is probably a good thing.  That's what I get for trying to keep up over here with craziness going on in Weirdo Mafia.
For that matter, why in the world didn't you just not post Toony?  You're dead...  (And that's a rhetorical question, don't answer it)

One more thought (so that this post actually has some point):  We may be able to learn something from who Free Beer doesn't lynch if he actually is scum.  Of course my saying this might have screwed that up, but it's still something to think about.  Then again, there's nothing to say that he actually has to use the power he took.  Just that he probably will.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2009, 12:28:47 am »

Ha! I knew it!

Didn't dilly dally with this bullcrap Free Beer, if you were mafia, then you'd have already won! Since it's obvious you're town now, just kill everyone. There's NO ONE to stop you.

Please do this. The game can end quickly if this is possible and done.
Amen to that. Kill us all.

I am fourth-ing this. Mostly just to call bulls**t on the roleclaim. You did, in fact, vote Toony, I checked. But you can only use unlimited votes once, because it is a guaranteed lynch. And Toony was very well informed about his role during his feud with Diakron.  And that feud is why you aren't dead yet. Or are you just big noting yourself to get a reaction? Either way, you can't take us all down, scum.

So yeah, I'm voting Free Beer again.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2009, 02:26:13 am »

Rambling thoughts as I reread the thread:

Frelock: Reasonably unspuspicious, at least at first, he's the first one to remind us to post the roles we know about.

ToonyMan: Makes faulty assumption. Talks about being fooled. Oh, the irony.

Frelock: Corrects Toony, vaguely alludes to knowing of the existence of the Motivator d00d, which comes up later.

Free Beer: Demonstrates lack of understanding about the purpose of the random vote stage?

Josh: Demonstrates a total lack of understanding of my role; it's essentially as though I'm scumhunting from outside the game, but can be forced to stop by naming my role. I maintain that anyway who namekills me is scum. First FoS

major_sephiroth: Neglects to mention his second role

Mr.Person: Extremely overcautious about Infinity Voter and Unlimited Voter. He made a valid point about their volatility at Lylo, but since neither was scum, it's possible for him to have been scum trying to eliminate a potentially huge danger; after all, if it's Lylo, one townie votes for the other and the scum hammers, if the one being hammered is the infinity/unlimited, he can vote for one of the other two and use his infinite votes, giving town one last shot at taking out the scum. Second FoS

major_sephiroth: Attempts to negative vote Free Beer while lacking knowledge of his role's power? Halfhearted third FoS. Could be a scumteam or scum trying to draw attention to a townie or an innocent who thought scum or town was innocent. Tells us relatively little. All I know for sure is m_s acts RADICALLY different here from other mafia.

Mr.Person: Jumps on Free Beer over almost nothing. Third FoS, two of those have been on Mr.Person

Free Beer: Mentions "scum roles" and "town roles" and we all know that is a fallacy. Fourth FoS

Free Beer: FUCKING DOES IT AGAIN AFTER WE'VE DECONSTRUCTED IT. Fifth FoS. That's two on him as well.

Zai: Brings up a good point about Mr.Person's vendetta against the infinity voter.

Org: HI GUYS I'M USELESS. Sixth FoS to go out.

RedWarrior0: Insists Diakron is scum. Huh. Encouraging him and Toony to go at it so the supertownpower roles will double-lynch each other?

Zai: Is genuinely helpful to the newblet.

Free Beer and Josh: FoS and Vote one of the people I consider to have acted very townlike. FoS both, Free Beer rapidly approaches HAND OF SUSPICION (OH HEY JOSH VOTES ZAI ON THE NEXT PAGE'S FIRST POST. Yeah. FoS remains)

This is through the middle of page 5 on the only proper number of posts-per-page (the max).

tl;dr:
FoS as follows for pages 1-5-and-a-half
Free Beer x3
chaoticjosh x2
Mr.Person x2
Org x1
major_sephirth x0.5

tl;dr of the tl;dr: Free Beer is a scummy bastard.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2009, 02:41:02 am »

major_sephiroth: Neglects to mention his second role
major_sephiroth: Attempts to negative vote Free Beer while lacking knowledge of his role's power? Halfhearted third FoS. Could be a scumteam or scum trying to draw attention to a townie or an innocent who thought scum or town was innocent. Tells us relatively little. All I know for sure is m_s acts RADICALLY different here from other mafia.
Second role? You mean the one I actually am? I plan on keeping that quiet.
I negative voted Free Beer because he seemed alright at the time, and because it would have made next to no difference, and so the vote counter thing could have 'worked'. I realise what I did didn't help the vote counter, but I thought it would have.

Hehe, hand of suspicion. I can see it now: Free Beer has been slapped by the hand of suspicion!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2009, 02:55:28 am »

I meant your initial confusion of which role to post and which you were.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2009, 03:23:04 am »

Chalk that up to inexperience.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2009, 09:42:46 am »

That's a really nice analysis Pandar, I commend you for your effort. Too bad I've already deduced that you're scum though.

However, I'm not quite sure on one thing, so Free Beer, will you please Name-kill Pandar for me?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2009, 11:31:22 am »

I'm thinking we either have scum infighting a lot to cause confusion or a bunch of townies all fighting while the scum stay silent and laugh at them. But, based on what I've seen, I'm thinking that the scum team is composed of three of the following:

Free Beer, Mr.Person, chaoticjosh, Pandarsenic.

Really not sure which three, other then Free Beer, but I'm almost positive we're looking at all of our scum in that list. They attack one another, they come up with excuses for one another. I don't know, it just seems like this whole game keeps revolving around them.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2009, 11:43:35 am »

I can understand me being on your list Meph, but I'm on to something here. Once Free Beer says Pandar's role, the deceit I so strongly suspect will be revealed, and town victory will be much closer. This is a hell of a gamble, but it's necessary, you have to understand that.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2009, 11:54:35 am »

I just realized, if we get to lylo and Pandarsenic is alive and not scum, the scum can just day-kill him and win. Unlike the infinity voter and unlimited voter, this is one I DON'T want alive at lylo. Also, FoS Meph for trying to force everybody into his cute little list. He's trying too hard to keep everybody in his little list. It's fine if the other scum are in that list, but I have this odd feeling only one scum is in that list and Meph is bussing him to make 3 townies suspicious.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2009, 11:57:41 am »

All right, so who do you think is scum at this point, Mr.Person? You've talked a bit about general 'scummy' vs 'non-scummy' activities but you really haven't given us much to go off of as far as actual suspicions. It's the main reason you're on my list.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2009, 12:45:59 pm »

I just realized, if we get to lylo and Pandarsenic is alive and not scum, the scum can just day-kill him and win. Unlike the infinity voter and unlimited voter, this is one I DON'T want alive at lylo. Also, FoS Meph for trying to force everybody into his cute little list. He's trying too hard to keep everybody in his little list. It's fine if the other scum are in that list, but I have this odd feeling only one scum is in that list and Meph is bussing him to make 3 townies suspicious.

1: That amounts to little more than "FOS MEPHANSTERAS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BEING ON THE LIST"
2: You don't want me alive at Lylo UNLIKE the Unlimited/Infinity? Way to go back on everything you said while inciting the Unlimited Vs. Infinity Faceoff, Scum.
3: Your logic about lylo works except for the part where we've already established that I'm basically a null presence. It just means we're at lylo a day sooner.

Also, Meph, care to comment on that your list of suspicious people = my three suspicious people with me added to it?

I refuse to believe so many good players can be so goddamn retarded. I'm not a liability, I'm a null presence; I can be present and I can post analysis like I did, but that's it; I am, effectively, an outside judge; the only reason someone would namekill me is to throw suspicion away from me. I would namekill myself after posting all my analysis to prove a point but I want to force scum to do it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2009, 12:48:48 pm »

1: That amounts to little more than "FOS MEPHANSTERAS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE BEING ON THE LIST"
2: You don't want me alive at Lylo UNLIKE the Unlimited/Infinity? Way to go back on everything you said while inciting the Unlimited Vs. Infinity Faceoff, Scum.
3: Your logic about lylo works except for the part where we've already established that I'm basically a null presence. It just means we're at lylo a day sooner.

Also, Meph, care to comment on that your list of suspicious people = my three suspicious people with me added to it?

I refuse to believe so many good players can be so goddamn retarded. I'm not a liability, I'm a null presence; I can be present and I can post analysis like I did, but that's it; I am, effectively, an outside judge; the only reason someone would namekill me is to throw suspicion away from me. I would namekill myself after posting all my analysis to prove a point but I want to force scum to do it.

Er, I just got back from some minor surgery, so sorry if that didn't make sense.

"The only reason someone would namekill me is to throw suspicion/WIFOM on those who were suspicious of me, those I was suspicious of, and any townie stupid enough to namekill me."

Of course, groups A and B are almost entirely the same, so if I explode, we know who needs to be lynched.
(Hint: Free Beer, Mr.Person, and maybe chaoticjosh. Probably chaoticjosh, yeah.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35