Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35582 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 3)
« Reply #435 on: September 10, 2009, 06:22:14 pm »

Hmmmm..

Major Sep. Remorse is a sign of weakness.

I point my Giant Finger of Suspicion at Org. If I had 2 votes, I'd vote for you, too. I am fairly certain the remaining mafia members are major_sephiroth and Org. Or at least Org.

Org because of various things which should be apparent to anyone paying attention. Also because Org did not address the very important question in my last post. Him answering that question could have done away with some of my suspicions of him. Him not answering it in his next post after I asked it has greatly increased my suspicions of him. Not answering questions is a delay tactic, to provide time to think about it, and (if scum) a way to provide time to discuss how to answer it with fellow scum. If he was town, he would have no reason not to answer the question immediately. There's also his pathetic "reasoning" behind voting M_S shown in the quote above. "Remorse is a sign of weakness"? No. Remorse is a sign of being human, which (as far as I'm aware) we all are. But really? A "sign of weakness"? This is motherfucking forum Mafia. Lynching isn't survival of the fittest; it's survival of the wittiest. You have to talk your way in and out of things, especially when you're scum. Emotions can be a good thing (when trying to get someone to un/vote someone) and a bad thing (when giving in and un/voting someone). Sure, giving in to emotional appeals is a "weakness". But having weaknesses does not come anywhere close to meaning someone is scum. A townie should not vote based on someone having "weaknesses"; everyone has them. A townie should vote based on behavior, actions, and words. Saying "Remorse is a sign of weakness," is, as M_S pointed out, a really obvious bandwagon.

And M_S. He's done a decent job of subtly linking himself with Org, whether he realizes it or not. Whenever M_S's vote has been counted on a vote count, it has been with Org. Before, he defended Org when M.P attacked him (though to be fair, it was to defend his vote for FB, who we now know to be scum).

I vote Org. And I FoS M_S and Josh. One of these three is the Fibonacci Voter, but none came forward like a townie Fib should.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2009, 06:32:28 pm »

Yeah, we still don't know for sure what Org is. Although I still think he's the Negative voter.

More interestingly, JanusTwoFace sent a few of us a PM last night saying he was the Amplifier and used his ability on Org last night. I want to see if he has 0 votes now or -2.

Org, can you please vote for someone who doesn't have any votes against them? (I don't care who)

Once Org has done that, can we have the Vote Counter give us a count?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2009, 06:37:27 pm »

You piss me off Zai. Everything you say and do pushes a button of mine, especially this obvious rolefishing.

If it matters one little bit to you however, and seeing as how it'll be revealed at the end of today anyhow, I'm the fibinacci voter. Congratulations on your non-effort. I've even received an extra vote from somebody, for a total of 3 today. I'm not sure if it's ever occurred to you though Zai, but secrecy helps the town as well as the mafia.

Sanctimoniously declaring a certain action to be pithily town makes me unendingly aggravated, as well as suspicious of you.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 10, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »

Can we get a list of claimed roles along with the roles of the dead people? I'll do it tomorrow if nobody's done it, but I don't have time right now.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 10, 2009, 07:40:26 pm »

Yeah. Fine. Ill vote Meph.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2009, 07:49:58 pm »

Heh. I guess that works, Org. Now we'll have to see what the Vote Counter says.

chaoticjosh - Claimed Fibonacci
Free Beer - Copycat Voter
ToonyMan - Unlimited Voter
Mr.Person - No Voter
Frelock - Unknown Voter
Org - Negative?
Diakron - Infinity Voter
Zaithemaster - Vote Counter or Motivator?
Mephansteras - Triple Voter
RedWarrior0 - Double Voter
major_sephiroth - Vote Counter or Motivator?
JanusTwoface - Vote Amplifier
Pandarsenic - Pandarsenic special

Not positive on everything, but it should be mostly accurate.

Where is RedWarrior0, anyway? He still haven't said anything.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 10, 2009, 07:57:17 pm »

Sorry about my "lurking more than Org usually does" attitude for this game. Who doesn't have any votes on them?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 10, 2009, 07:59:58 pm »

At this point I think that chaoticjosh, Zaithemaster, Pandarsenic, and yourself are all free of any votes whatsoever. (Of any variety)

I still want to know why you didn't vote yesterday. You've got two votes, why didn't you use them?
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 10, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »

Pandarsenic - Pandarsenic special

That sounds delicious except for the poison.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 10, 2009, 08:04:26 pm »

At this point I think that chaoticjosh, Zaithemaster, Pandarsenic, and yourself are all free of any votes whatsoever. (Of any variety)

I still want to know why you didn't vote yesterday. You've got two votes, why didn't you use them?

In that case, Zai, so the VC can prove I'm double.

I didn't use my votes because if FB was telling the truth, someone was screwed, and if he wasn't, he was pretty much lynched anyway.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 10, 2009, 08:06:21 pm »

Sorry about my "lurking more than Org usually does" attitude for this game. Who doesn't have any votes on them?
Hey now. I dont lurk THAT much. Sometimes. >.>

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 10, 2009, 08:13:37 pm »

HI I'M USELESS
HI YOU'RE USELESS
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 10, 2009, 08:19:50 pm »

HI I'M USELESS
HI YOU'RE USELESS
STOP THE MADNESS

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2009, 01:14:30 am »

Yes, Zai, use your power.

In other words, I am the motivational voter, town-aligned.  I'm doing this
Meph, if I cared whether Free Beer got lynched, I would never have got people to vote for him.

Sorry, I don't really buy it. A fake bus is pretty common scum behavior and is characterized by exactly that. Riling up people against your scum-buddy but then unvoting in the hopes of looking town while not actually directly hurting your team.
I insist it was me feeling like he was truly remorseful. Yeah I was wrong to think it, but I still thought it.

HI I'M USELESS
HI YOU'RE USELESS
HI I'M USELESS
Had to do it.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2009, 01:15:13 am »

I'm doing this to put pressure on Zai, who seems to like his fingers of suspicion.

I forgot to put this in the previous post.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35