Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Game Over! Mafia Wins)  (Read 35719 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia, Round 3! (Day 3)
« Reply #465 on: September 12, 2009, 01:30:59 am »

I'm inclined to not believe that M_S. In fact, I'd say you're protecting somebody. I guess I only need to look at the past records, compare them with what we know now, and see if there are any discrepencies.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 12, 2009, 10:16:28 am »

Back on.

Wow, Org. Really? You're still not going to address anything? Not even going to try to lie defend yourself this time? Not even with "lol i'm not scum"? Since both Josh and M_S have come forward with their roles: Why did you use your negative vote on FB TWICE (both Day 1 and 2 at the end of the day)? To try and help your scum buddy out a little?

I'm doing this to put pressure on Zai, who seems to like his fingers of suspicion.

I'm not sure I see the alleged pressure being put on me. Care to explain?

And yes, I am the Vote Counter. But RW0, I see little reason right now to order a VC. There is little or no dispute right now that you indeed have 2 votes. What Meph was saying in that quote of yours was not that he doubts you have 2 votes (he even says you have 2 votes); he was saying that he wanted to know why someone with multiple votes would not put those votes to use.

Also, if M_S turns out to not be scum, I currently believe Meph to be the last scum (along with Org).

Sanctimoniously declaring a certain action to be pithily town makes me unendingly aggravated, as well as suspicious of you.

I apologize, Josh. I did not mean that revealing yourself was a move only a townie would make, but that not doing so (delaying what is inevitable by the end of the day) seems scummy to me. I see no reason for the FV to not be revealed at the beginning of the day they get their 2nd vote (when it matters to town), as it will be known at the end of that very day, when it matters only to scum.

But maybe one day we'll both be scum. On that day, the universe will explode rejoice.
'
I missed your post earlier. :I
No I am not scum. I really do have things to do other than being on the internets.

Alright, I've been slacking off too much.

I'm almost sure that M_S is scum. Everything about him chides me as scummy. From his faux-towniness, to weak defenses, to the way his posts feel, to the way he insisted that he "didn't know who the scum were" which is an odd statement for a townie to make, if you ask me.

Now, another. I don't like Org, he calls homework, but I call bullshit. Even when attacked, it's like he's not even aware that he's being attacked, and has YET to do anything helpful. It's very odd, and I don't like it.

Mephansteras. To be honest, I'd probably say Meph is the most likely to tbe town. He was the first person to vote Free Beer and challenge his power, which is something that strikes me as something a townie would do. Something's chiding me hard though, and it's making me uncertain.

Mr.Person, he's been confrontational, but I can't help but feel that alot of his arguing is broken.
Yeah, we should keep Org on since as town he can prevent some of the autowins the scum has. As scum, he's not particularly dangerous, although I suppose if he's with the triple voter or the Fibonacci voter, it could be a problem, but then again, who ISN'T a problem with a scum Fibonacci voter or triple voter?

Outright assuming that someone is town is a horrifyingly bad idea. Especially since that he could be a negative voter, which would be just as helpful to scum as a regular voter.

If I had to say who the remaining scum were...

M_S
Org

M_S
MP

M_S
Meph (a twist!)

Whens the day going to end?

Yeah yeah, I say homework alot. Because I have 2-3 hours of it a day.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 12, 2009, 01:03:01 pm »

I've got this. who here remember this little thing Free Beer posted?

Quote from: Free Beer
I'm willing to go out on a limb and say the following:
As with previous Vote Mafias, it is likely that webadict attempted to balance the scum team. If two people have similar powers, I'm willing to bet at least one is scum.
Toward that end, I think at one person in each of the following sets: {Infinity Voter, Unlimited Voter, Double Voter, Triple Voter, Fibonacci Voter}, {Vote Counter, Copycat Voter}, and {No Voter, Vote Amplifier, Motivator, Negative Voter, (whatever Pandarsenic's role is), Unknown Voter} is scum.
The reasoning is simple: With that setup, the mafia gets one information gathering power, one lynch power, and one buddying/"unlikely to be scum" power.

Remember that? Oh, look at this! He paired himself up with the vote counter! What say you, Zaithemaster?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 12, 2009, 01:39:43 pm »

As with previous Vote Mafias, it is likely that webadict attempted to balance the scum team. If two people have similar powers, I'm willing to bet at least one is scum.
Toward that end, I think at one person in each of the following sets: {Infinity Voter, Unlimited Voter, Double Voter, Triple Voter, Fibonacci Voter}, {Vote Counter, Copycat Voter}, and {No Voter, Vote Amplifier, Motivator, Negative Voter, (whatever Pandarsenic's role is), Unknown Voter} is scum.
The reasoning is simple: With that setup, the mafia gets one information gathering power, one lynch power, and one buddying/"unlikely to be scum" power.

Remember that? Oh, look at this! He paired himself up with the vote counter! What say you, Zaithemaster?

...What? I don't understand this logic at all. How does this supposedly incriminate me?

o,0
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 12, 2009, 03:12:31 pm »

My thinking is, if you're both scum, when one of you died, the other could try and convince the town that the list is true and that makes the living one less suspicious. Of course, he could of known somebody would think that and pair himself up with a townie, but that's WIFOM and I'm not going down that road. Besides, then, by his own logic, if Zai got lynched and turned up town, he'd look super suspicious. No, I don't like it at all.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 12, 2009, 03:45:17 pm »

I still think M.P is scum.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 12, 2009, 03:52:39 pm »

My thinking is, if you're both scum, when one of you died, the other could try and convince the town that the list is true and that makes the living one less suspicious. Of course, he could of known somebody would think that and pair himself up with a townie, but that's WIFOM and I'm not going down that road. Besides, then, by his own logic, if Zai got lynched and turned up town, he'd look super suspicious. No, I don't like it at all.

Bolded for emphasis.

I don't know, it seems pretty odd that a person that's adamant on not using WIFOM'y information will use WIFOM'y information to try to incriminate someone MP.

You're contradicting yourself, is what I'm trying to say. Unless I'm not understanding something.

I still think M.P is scum.

Thank you for you indepth and detailed post Pandar. Your thoughts have been explained perfectly, and don't need elaboration of any kind.

/sarcasm

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 12, 2009, 03:54:01 pm »

I think chaoticjosh enjoys pizza.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 12, 2009, 04:01:54 pm »

Yes, you're not understanding something. I'm saying the WIFOM would be him pairing up with a townie, because that doesn't make a lot of sense. It makes even less sense when you consider that he had control over the groups, and they were totally arbitrary. If you were town and you were lynched first, it just incriminates Free Beer using his own logic. If you were scum and got lynched first, however, Free Beer could use his list to defend himself and have a potentially good argument to defend himself, depending on the circumstances. What did you guys think is the WIFOM?

Lemme try this again, since this is confusing. The WIFOM would be, "Aha, I knew they would lynch me, so I evilly paired myself up with a townie so they would lynch the townie! Mwhahahahaha!" (Free Beer talking)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 12, 2009, 04:06:17 pm »

What I don't get is that, since it's WIFOM, why is it being factored as evidence AT ALL? It's superficial evidence, that's why it's called WIFOM, and I don't understand why you're actually using it to make a judgment.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 12, 2009, 04:23:21 pm »

What I don't get is that, since it's WIFOM, why is it being factored as evidence AT ALL? It's superficial evidence, that's why it's called WIFOM, and I don't understand why you're actually using it to make a judgment.

I'm not. The WIFOM would be him pairing up with a townie. The non-WIFOM is him pairing up with a scumbuddy.

In any case, that alone really isn't enough for me, but what convinced me was what happened right after Free Beer posted that list. Zaithemaster then attacked me for disagreeing with the "truth" of the list. Then we got in a tussle... right until I saw Free Beer as town, at which time he instantly moved onto somebody else. Then Free Beer never mentions the list again, yet I keep getting nailed for disagreeing with the list.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 12, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »

Wow. M.P. I had actually not been suspecting you for a while. But then you just go and pull this out of nowhere. You obviously don't know what WIFOM is. I'm not going to try to explain it to you, because Josh has already tried and hasn't succeeded. But really? This?

In any case, that alone really isn't enough for me, but what convinced me was what happened right after Free Beer posted that list. Zaithemaster then attacked me for disagreeing with the "truth" of the list.

I'm gonna be honest: I'm not in a good mood right (I'm sick and tired), so this is hard for me to talk without using expletives, but I'll try. But this is not true at all. I never agreed with FB's lists. I went after you again not just because of this, but because of things that had happened prior to that. But here's what you're allegedly referring to as me attacking you for disagreeing with the "truth" of FB's list:

FoS Mr.Person again for voting for someone based only (apparently) on the fact that they made lists, and being antagonistic about it. But FoS Free Beer at the same time because M.P has a point (the irony, I know), though there's not enough to vote for someone because of it.

Notice the lack of me saying anything about his lists being true. Notice also that I didn't go after FB because I believed his lists; I didn't and still don't. Stop twisting what I say to try and incriminate me with faulty logic.

But oh, the irony. You attacked FB for his lists before, and are now attacking someone because of those very lists. That's a horrible and inconsistent thing to do. I unvote and vote Mr.Person.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 12, 2009, 08:13:11 pm »

Really? I can't recall attacking somebody because of the list. Well, unless you mean Free Beer, but the circumstances are different now.

Free Bear's list is, pure and simple, a look into what he was thinking or planning. I'd like to hear what the rest of you have to say about Free Bear's little list, the rest of the thing's he's said, and how people have been interacting with him.

Also, I know good and well what WIFOM is, thank you very much. You don't see me saying you don't know what OMGUS is, because I know you do. Aha, but since you know that I know that you do, you know that OMGUS is a bad move to make as scum, so you would only do it as town. See, I know what WIFOM is.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 12, 2009, 09:27:26 pm »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35