Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: Dwarvemon, V.1.1  (Read 49238 times)

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvemon, gotta catch them all! Mod in progress, need help!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2009, 10:45:58 pm »

...does this mean that carp are being replaced by Poliwrath?
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Kilumanjaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2009, 10:48:52 pm »

Well...  in my experience, the multiple simultaneous and spontaneous wounds are usually from heat/cold damage.  I didn't see layering on any of those critters, even tropical creatures in vanilla have [LAYERING:100].  Give that a whirl and see if it keeps 'em alive.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 10:52:08 pm »

...does this mean that carp are being replaced by Poliwrath?

Carp Vs. Seaking.

Match of the century.
Well...  in my experience, the multiple simultaneous and spontaneous wounds are usually from heat/cold damage.  I didn't see layering on any of those critters, even tropical creatures in vanilla have [LAYERING:100].  Give that a whirl and see if it keeps 'em alive.

I'll give this a go. I'll tell you how it works out!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 01:44:37 am »

Due to the similarities between Weedle/Caterpie and Kakuna/Metapod, their entries are pretty much tweaked versions of each others.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 02:19:52 am »

Holy shit, I just made a realisation.

Nintendo must've planned to make three evolutions for everything, but by the time they made it to bloody Rattatta, they probably went 'Fuck this!' and only made two.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:05 am »

Testing Pokemon 001 through 013 (Bulbasaur to Beedrill)

World creation, check!
Searching legends for pokemon, check! None found.
Starting Fortress mode, check! The list doesn't seem to include Bulbasaur, Weedle, Metapod or Beedrill. It might just be an area/race (goblins this time) thing. Problem solved partially. Weedle, Metapod and Beedrill all have same numbers for their names. Changed that. The bulbasaur though...

I've taken one of every pokemon available to me, and a Charizard leather helm. Theres also a mysterious " meat" which costs no points. I'm stocking up on it, seeing as it is free.

Edit: Game crashed. Probably can't handle me taking 1051 " meat" along with me! Let's try that again.

I'm taking Kakuna meat instead. 111 to be exact!

I now have several goblin peasants, a hunting and war Charizard, an Ivysaur, Venusar, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie, Kakuna and Butterfree.

Both Caterpie and Kakuna are on the ground, flashing the red cross. Their wounds list reveals nothing wrong.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:58:52 am by Doomshifter »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:10 am »

Oh for the love of--

One of my retarded peasants decided to hunt... and then jump into the water. His hunting Charizard is flying above him, unable to help.

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009, 04:03:14 am »

I suggest that once you have enough pokemon to occupy every niche of the environment, you remove all the normal creatures. Having your fisherdwarves being ripped apart not by carp, but by Gyarados would make for an extremely funtm game.
Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2009, 05:39:10 am »

I suggest that once you have enough pokemon to occupy every niche of the environment, you remove all the normal creatures. Having your fisherdwarves being ripped apart not by carp, but by Gyarados would make for an extremely funtm game.

You sir have just ended my break. BACK TO WORK! :3
Doomshifter has been taken by a fey mood!

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2009, 05:49:27 am »

All in favour of making legendary pokemon megabeasts say Aye!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2009, 07:02:03 am »

MEW!!!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 09:55:14 am »

Can you imagine it? Moltres descends from the sky onto your fortress, searing everything with it's flaming breath and mercilessly tearing apart your dwarfs...

Can you imagine a Groudon attack? How long your dwarves would last against a Deoxys? Could you watch as Mewtwo single-handedly tore your entire fortress to rubble?

:3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 10:16:24 am »

You'd probably need a buildingdestroyer_3 tag for some of those legendary pokemon.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 01:50:35 pm »

You'd probably need a buildingdestroyer_3 tag for some of those legendary pokemon.

As in anything can be broken. Including dwarves.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 05:04:22 pm »

Man, I contemplated somethign like this out of boredom for after the update.

I think it'd be fairly trivial to make a secretion that ignites at room temperature and only appears at certain points on the body, although I wonder if that'd just lead to lots of fire-types just stuck with burning.

Besides, you could do a lot of elemental attacks. Well, sorta. It'd probably translate as "plant leaf mist" or something.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28