Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomat falls down a hole, hope he doesn't sue  (Read 771 times)

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomat falls down a hole, hope he doesn't sue
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:55:44 pm »

Trouble was there was magma at the bottom of it so i'd be surprised if he did    ;)

So I was channeling out one side of a magma pool in preparation for the pumping system of the dual magmafall fort defense plan and my lead miner channeled out the ground from underneath the poor guy. Oops. One sec he was there tugging on my leader's shirt and the other he was gooone. Didn't even see his body in the magma by the time I realized what had happened.

He had gotten my request for trade goods but hadn't given the one in return yet cause my leader was happily ignoring him in preference of rocks.

Would this mess with anything? Most importantly, will there be another dwarven diplomat and will the trade goods i requested come through?

What a tragedy *chuckle* I gotta go give my miner the 'prick of the year' award  :D

EDIT: My bad, forgot to mention it was a dwarven diplo
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:01:28 pm by Igawa »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomat falls down a hole, hope he doesn't sue
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:00 pm »

Sadly, I don't think you get another diplomat. If you already give the human caravan good deals, it shouldn't be a political problem. If not, throw in some trash as an offering for good measure.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 12:30:30 am »

No you will not get another dwarf diplomat.  As such, you must make do with what future dwarf caravans themselves bring - you cannot 'order' anything from the dwarf caravan without the diplomat.

You may still get a human diplomat (and trade thereof), but you can only order what the human civ can provide.  Now, as to elf diplomats, someone else can answer the question of what to do with them better than I....
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:20:23 am »

:( Aw well that's a shame then. It woulda been nice to be able to get some nice leather and crap that I'm usually too lazy to get myself.

Do wagons catch fire? If I don't get a siege before the second elven caravan I'll test out the the magmafalls on them....and it'll be a decent test of whether my containment measures for the !!Elves!! are up to par :)

Speaking of elves, what's the quickest way to piss them off for sieges? Would be nice to have some fun with em this time around.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:00:14 am »

Speaking of elves, what's the quickest way to piss them off for sieges? Would be nice to have some fun with em this time around.

Seize their goods or try to sell them stuff made of wood. Or, if you want to get straight to the point, murder their diplomat, though be warned that this will probably make the war permanent since there will be nobody able to negotiate a peace treaty if/when you've had enough of it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.