Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 279505 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I was going to, but I forgot to confirm it with Pandar.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Dak: No leads yet. My personal thought is that the current arguments running are all Town v Town, while the lurkers are quite possibly scum. Nobody's throwin' any scumtells around that I can identify (except me. ._.).

Except Org, but I'm made to understand that's normal, so...
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Btw, these people have not posted once all of today:

SHAD0WDump
Eduren
CobaltKobold
Rashilul

Now when you include the folks that are going "OH I don't knooooowwwww" it explains why we're rather stuck.

So to try to keep this thing alive, I'd like EVERYONE to post up and, and state who they suspect most right now.  Put the person in Red or blue if you like but use either color.  That way we can get an idea on how the town is AND it'll get everyone to WAKE UP!

I mean jeesh, a lynch on me is better than an abandoned game, especially after nearly a month of input into it.
Sorry, trying to research for/write last term's term paper. Ask why if you must.

Sirbayer(already voted), webadict, dakarian, rashilul ...and mephansteras. Sirbayer's gotten a few posts which were chock-full of scum and I don't think there're two jesters. IF you want frosting on that cake, he's claimed doc and survived a few nights with that claim (take with salt) and -he has no leads, and I hear confusion is a scumtell.
Webadict I have adequately explained my reasons on. If he's scum, it would then feel like Cheeetar and Eduren are scum, as they both in some way stopped his lynch.
Dakarian is being strangely passive compared to usual.
Rashilul is being lurky and sheepy and hasn't got quite enough to establish that this is how he always is. (Contrast eduren, who is usually lurky and at least has reasoning. Additionally, Org who is pretty much normal for him)

You know SHAD0Wdump's requested replacement right?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Kobold, stop spreading WIFOM.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
he's claimed doc and survived a few nights with that claim (take with salt)

I recall seeing an argument between two people in some game I was in recently. The resolution was that calling someone out for claiming and then not dying is spreading obscene amounts of WIFOM.

In short, meh.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I recall seeing an argument between two people in some game I was in recently. The resolution was that calling someone out for claiming and then not dying is spreading obscene amounts of WIFOM.

In short, meh.
Cobalt was even being cautious about it too.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Webadict I have adequately explained my reasons on. If he's scum, it would then feel like Cheeetar and Eduren are scum, as they both in some way stopped his lynch.
How did I stop his lynch, where did I stop his lynch.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In short, meh.
Oh, I did not know that. Thanks.

Cheeetar: By picking the "Kill Webadict Now" rule.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In short, meh.

Despite the fact that you were, in fact, IN THAT GAME?  And were one of the people arguing such?  My lord, he is scummy.

Well, that's one of my suspects, right next to Bayer.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use short-term memory for mafia. :(
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I use short-term memory for mafia. :(

Except for the fact that you memorize lots of meta.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Allow me to elaborate. I use short-term memory for mafia games I'm in- it lets me switch more easily between them. It should also have quicker access, but I don't think the analogy between cache misses and longer-term memories is so good

Reading old games is different. I can collect someone's behaviour in short-term and then bin it into "town tell" or "scum tell" when they flip, because the game is done, it can be read quickly.

Nobody's asking.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice how you can remember Org's doctor claim as vig from Para2, but you can't remember your own opinions on what is scummy and what is not.  A most convenient change.

Nobody's asking.

What, about your term paper that isn't a term paper?

I am... very angry.  If you want to divulge whatever your secret is, then tell it.  If you don't want to tell it, then don't mention it.  Why should we be made to pull it out of you?  We aren't THINGS you get to manipulate.  We aren't receptacles to drain off your mind.  It's one thing to say "I'm having trouble with something... please help."  It's one thing to say "I have something I want to talk about."  It's one thing to say "I'm having trouble with school, and it sucks, and I'm going to go trolling for sympathy."

It's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING to say "You can ask if you want" and then go "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE ASK?!"

You say "ask why if you must" and then "Oh, no one's asking."  Hey, look.  It's a hook.  Pretended reluctance.  Sadness at the ignoring of emotional hook; an inability to play for sympathy.

I just... ugh.  This sort of thing is why I hate people.  Bloody unbearably confusing brutes.

I am going to apologize in advance, because I know I didn't probably want to say what I just said to whoever I said it to.  Whoever you really are, I am sorry.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice how you can remember Org's doctor claim as vig from Para2, but you can't remember your own opinions on what is scummy and what is not.  A most convenient change.
I read that one twice at least, paying close attention to who was or wasn't there. (I have continually had to look up which para it was.) Also, it is mentioned many times over in the awards thread. Also, paranormal mafias are usually quite interesting, unlike beginners' mafias. I vaguely recall the townfight between you and FreeBeer, primarily because it was my real baseline getter for your meta as town. Things are more likely to be remembered

Nobody's asking.
Nobody was asking about my "How to play mafia" is what I was saying, I think.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nobody's asking.
Nobody was asking about my "How to play mafia" is what I was saying, I think.

That's what think you were saying two or three minutes ago, you attention-grabbing little slimeball?

I really need to walk away from this, because I'm getting too angry.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

In short, meh.

Cheeetar: By picking the "Kill Webadict Now" rule.
...? I picked that... to get people to lynch Webadict. I said that. Quite clearly. How would picking that role make me in any way not-wanting-to-lynch-you-ish to Webadict?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 151