Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280754 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I'M HERE

WHAT'S GOING ON

DID SOMEONE HAMMER?

Vote count please!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Dakarian [4]: Webadict, Rashilul, ToonyMan, Mr.Person
ToonyMan [1]: Eduren
Webadict [1]: SirBayer
SirBayer [3]: CobaltKobold, Mephansteras, Dakarian
CobaltKobold [2]: Cheeetar, Vector

Still alive: SirBayer, Cheeetar, Dakarian, SHAD0Wdump (INACTIVE, REPLACEMENT NEEDED), Vector, Mr.Person, Mephansteras, Eduren, ToonyMan, Webadict, Org, CobaltKobold, Rashilul, RedWarrior0

Blah blah tell me where I fucked up blah blah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile

Quote from: Pandarsenic

Thread is 97 Pages Long.
It's Day 3.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Pandarsenic

Thread is 97 Pages Long.
It's Day 3.

That's our fault, not Pandarsenic's.

How many votes is it to hammer?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

14 alive.

8 votes to hammer I suppose.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Oh and,

Scumlist:
dakarian
Meph
CobaltKobold
eduren

I forgot eduren!  :-D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh?  What did eduren do?  Sorry, don't remember your saying anything about him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

He's trying to put on a lynch on me because I started discussion again (before it died, again).

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Fair enough... >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Welcome back everyone :D

Now to get back to business.

1. Meph.. LaL?  I missed it, but I don't remember SirBayer LYING about his role.  From what I've seen of it, he's so far claimed that his role protects the target, but roleblocks it the following night.  Web hasn't said that he actually had used his Cheat ability so either he just didn't use it or was blocked: either way, no sign of a lie.

2. What catches my eye most about Vector's argument is the confusion based on what he can and can't remember.  This post bugs me the most:

Allow me to elaborate. I use short-term memory for mafia games I'm in- it lets me switch more easily between them. It should also have quicker access, but I don't think the analogy between cache misses and longer-term memories is so good

Reading old games is different. I can collect someone's behaviour in short-term and then bin it into "town tell" or "scum tell" when they flip, because the game is done, it can be read quickly.

Nobody's asking.

It feels.. 'meh' to me honestly: a mess in an attempt to explain away an inconsistency.  Besides, the argument is over mafia theory, which SHOULD hold over from one game to the next.  How can you forget your own mafia theory?  Why would you rather remember player meta over your theories on what is and isn't scummy play?

unvote 

Vote CobaltKobald

Thus putting an FOS on SirBayer to hear the resolution of the doc issue.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Quote from: Vector
2. Inconsistency about the way he fundamentally thinks about Mafia in two weeks' time.
When they're the first two weeks I would expect this.
4. Doesn't actually write out arguments
...dakarian asked for where Bayer claimed doc, I pointed out the ones I could easily find (mainly going on "nuclear rocket surgeon" as search query)
...dak is being miraculously shortsighted. Here, dak. Here's his OTHER claim.
We can confirm two separate players in one move if you'll just acknowledge that I am, in fact, Chuck Norris, the role. I mean... I guess I could still be scum, but someone entirely different can confirm that, if there's a cop. Etc., etc.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

rgh, forgot to append. For someone who regards the third vote as a scumtell you sure do it a lot.
SirBayer [3]: CobaltKobold, Mephansteras, Dakarian
CobaltKobold [2]: Cheeetar, Vector
Quote from: dakarian
unvote

Vote CobaltKobald
SirBayer [2]: CobaltKobold, Mephansteras
CobaltKobold [3]: Cheeetar, Vector, Dakarian
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think he was joking about the Chuck Norris.

I think.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

That was, I think, about the time that I gave him the "If you get everyone to admit that you are Chuck Norris, you will keep that role" aspect in KWN:DE.  He went hogwild with it in that game and I think it pushed him forward here too.

So no, I don't think he was serious.

So if THAT is the 'lie' then I call it "reaching for any reason to kill someone."  Meph, Cobalt, do you honestly believe that SirBayer, as scum, would do something like that?  Remember, we're not after stuff we don't like, we're after SCUM.

@Cobalt

Yes, I am the one who holds 3rd vote in high regard.  When I don't have another strong target I vote for them.  Many times, the 3rd vote ends up being scum.

So, where's your vote on me? 
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warning: posting while caffeinated.

Quote from: Vector
2. Inconsistency about the way he fundamentally thinks about Mafia in two weeks' time.
When they're the first two weeks I would expect this.

Let's see.

You played a BYOR and an SMOL, which took something like a month (guesstimate).  Then you were nominated for best noob, since your performance was so good.  Then you proceeded to scare the crap out of the (quite experienced) BMIV scumteam.

Whoops, I guess you just suddenly completely changed your mind about Mafia in those two-weeks-but-actually-maybe-a-month-and-a-half, huh?  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I consider "looking for any reason to kill someone" a scumtell, given the many times I have played scum and found it incredibly hard to find good reasons to lynch... so yes, Dakarian, I still think Bayer might well be scum.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 151