Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 280685 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

It means I haven't spotted it.  Unless you mean the whole "Convertscum-Dakarian" debate we had earlier.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Hmm... I saw it in a quote a little while back...

Damn, this means I'll have to go post-hunting. Maybe I won't press that issue. ._.

Nah, I'll find it sooner or later.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That said, I still think he's scum based on his recent statements.  I apologize for the lack of quotations in the below; they are partially because the behaviors are rampant, and partially because it is nearly impossible to dig them out of his crunched blocks of text.

This doesn't look good. "He's doing these things. I won't show you. It's hard."

Busy, dude.  "He's doing these things.  I'll provide examples which people will easily find the actual quotations for, but I'm not going to go dig through his Posts from Hell to quote every single little thing."

Soft hits.  Scared of me?

First, his current arguments are based almost entirely on meta.  Though that is not a conventional scumtell, I consider it scummy since it implies that everyone's in-game play does not seem so noteworthy to him as it does in the context of meta.

I feel, however, that I have not been entirely precise in that characterization.  It is true that he has flung many WoT recently about things that have happened in the game, but upon perusal they are largely based on statements of meta... such as that "Dakarian doesn't miss details" and "Dakarian doesn't use smileys," or perhaps that "Webadict is smarter than that as town."

appeals to emotion and hypocrisy are more important to my attacks than meta. If you're complaining about evidence quantities, aberrant behaviors (A2E, buddying, etc) only require one point- the act in question, rather like evidence for a flood. Meta is more like stating that "the depth of the river year-round is X" and thus will require more data points. So yes, my main argument against Web is meta, which is why he's getting lower on my scumlist, as his meta has changed since the start of the game. I mentioned this.

I'm not talking about evidence quantities.  I'm saying that all your "appeals to emotion" you cited were... found in practically every single other player.  As such, they are null.  If half the town is lurking to the same degree, then you cannot base most of your argument against a given player on lurking that much.  It just doesn't work that way.

Further, as I've been saying: most of your stated "hypocrisy" is not hypocritical at all.  You like throwing that word around like it's candy, whereas most of what I see is "CobaltKobold is trying to get everybody lynched on the mildest of offenses."  Then, you also end up just going "HYPOCRISY!  CONTRADICTION!" with very little explanation whatsoever.  At the very least, it's severely anti-town.  At the most, it's scummy.

Quote from: Vector
The purpose of the above statements is to inform CobaltKobold that, if he is town, he would do well to reconsider his attacking style, as it is so full of holes that the only thing it will hold is viscous liquid.  Such as scum.
The icing my be holy, but there is still a cake beneath it.

The cake is a lie.

Quote from: Vector
Second, though he addresses the WIFOM-spreading, he does not address his apparent cautiousness.  Further, all that crap about staged fights is nothing but a vat of WIFOM, and it constitutes most of his arguments against Webadict and perhaps half of the WoT against dakarian.
*shrug* It's my interpretation. It's been...interesting that they've been into each other all game. Also, the nature of the fights is very odd, since each of them are throwing mostly-bad arguments against eachother. "I have a hole but I'm not telling you" for instance.

You have a duty not to WIFOM the town.  The fact that you are doing so happily bothers me.

Third, his arguments continue to be horrifyingly flimsy.  His statement was that he was pointing out "every scummy thing as it floated by, which doesn't look very town."  This is not the issue I take with his statements.  The problem is that he argues based on (extremely old) meta and, rather than searching for scumtells, seems to have confounded himself with "not-town-tells"--i.e., nulltells.
Null-tells would be either known self-used tells (which are going to be town-tells).

Uh.... no.  Null-tells are things that players do when they are town or scum.  We have three options: town-tells, null-tells, and scumtells.  The fact that Dakarian is acting in a way that does not coincide with his town-tells does not mean that he is displaying his scumtells, or is even scum.

Null-tells are either known self-used tells, or... what?  What I'm saying here is that you really aren't doing much by way of identifying scumtells.  Mostly, you're sitting about digging up nulltells, and asking us to believe you're town.

Further, the "appeals to emotion" he has found do not constitute true appeals to emotion.  Everyone in this thread (a generalization, as I am sure someone has been lurking too much to complain) has complained about its length/ridiculousness here or elsewhere. The "appeals to emotion" he found in me were nothing but apologies after having made grating statements.
There is quite a difference between
Quote from: dakarian
A bigger part tells me that Wide Scanning 19 people will make me cry.  *sigh*
and, something like "Yikes, 10 pages overnight"- for instance.

Yes.  That difference is called "personality."  Are we allowed to have those, or has King Kobold banned them, too?

Quote from: vector
Next, he is tunnelvisioning to force his arguments to work:

Seriously guys.  Stop the nonscum lynching.  Killing Web because's he's a prick.  Killing Shadow because he writes in 3 words for one day.  Killing Eduren even though a nolynch will mean he frys (when we get close to lylo, it'll be another matter).
So...uh...wow. Buddying on web after stagedfight.

He has no problem with the defense of eduren and SHAD0W, it seems, though of course Webadict is an issue.
Since webadict is higher in my scumlists than either, yes, I point it out more. I do not "have no problem" with the other buddyings, but they are patently obvious and still present in the quoted matter. Shad0w is up for replacement.

Right.

They're patently obvious, but you never explicitly point them out.  You're expecting us to do your work for you, which ... well, it makes me pissed at you, at the very least.  You don't get to say "Well, I pointed it out by virtue of throwing a mass of quotes at you."  I continue to find your reasoning highly suspect.

I feel like you're saying "Well, you're just too dumb to understand what I mean, then, what with my sesquipedalian diction," to which I answer "screw you."  Being smart includes knowing how to communicate, not just dicking around with things that are so obvious to you and so unobvious to us, the idiots.  This feeling increases when I remember the argument with Cheeetar, where you defined a "referent" as

referent: concept to which an indexical refers.

"An indexical?"  Really?  If you're going to bash us for spelling incorrectly (sware vs. swear), how about learning to use the correct form of a word?

Fifth, there still remain inconsistencies in his arguments, which he has brushed over.  When we were still functioning under the assumption that he had indeed spoken about the doctor in BMIV, he stated that his inconsistency was reasonable given that he had started playing Mafia two weeks ago.  When I brought up the fact that he had started perhaps a month and a half ago, he completely brushed it off.

What I see here is an individual who is bending fact and, when someone brings up the fact that he is incorrect, does not correct himself, apologize, or bring up further reasoning.  He forgets the point as soon as it has been noticed, perhaps in an attempt to cause others to forget as well.
Grasping at straws, I see. You're arguing that my "If it was my first two weeks" comment is bad because it wasn't my first two weeks. However, the point that I'm making with it- that it is still incredibly early in my mafia tenure (or whatever you want to call it)- does not hinge on that fact. So yes, I don't see it as a problem to be found as mistaken or incorrect on a fact that does not impact the game. Like, for instance, if I got your gender wrong. It would not matter for the game unless it was integral to some argument. So, a pronoun inconsistency would not be grounds for "lynch all liars".

No.  My point is not about that specific inconsistency.  It is about the part where I made a remark about your being inconsistent, and you ignored it until I brought it up... again.  In combination with Dakarian's noticing you ignoring his attacks so many times, it is scummy in the extreme.

Further, it did seem to influence the game at the time.  As such, your failure to make any statement about it is suspect.

If it's so small, why not own up to it?  Why not address it?  Instead, you leave it out and later cover by saying "But that wasn't important!!"

Sixth, buddying.  I refer here to the statements in his WoT which are merely stating that others agree with him, i.e. that Mr. Person and Webadict have had similar feelings about Dakarian's scummitude.  If this does not constitute buddying, I will classify it as "an overblown fear of death and attempt to get others on his team," which fits well with his sudden WoT-spewage.  It does not fit well with the behavior of a typical townie, in light of said townie's goals.
That is not buddying as I understand or intend it- it is evidence gathering for meta. and..."an overblown fear of death and attempt to get others on his team"? I classify this as an overblown attack.

Ah, so your experience of meta is "Other people think the person is scum."

If you want to explain why that attack is overblown, I'd be happy to hear about it.  As-is, you're doing that thing again where you attack me and don't explain anything.

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Happy one month anniversary!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Happy one month anniversary!

I still have another day AKA content-less post.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: CONCLUSION(6/6)
« Reply #1610 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:59 pm »

How could Cobalt hurt me? Why are you a target to me?

You = Scum
Remember?  Check your role PM.

Yes, but if I were scum why would I particularly target you or Cobalt? Cobalt hasn't voted for me to my knowledge, and killing you after you had OMGUSed me would be a horrible nightkill choice, as it would place suspicion on me.

Cheeetar, I complained about you not giving reasons. Haven't heard comments from you on that yet.

To my knowledge, I have been giving reasons, but perhaps you could point out some occasions where that hasn't been the case.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 02, 2009, 04:17:26 pm »

You = Scum

Yes, but if I were scum why would I particularly target you or Cobalt? Cobalt hasn't voted for me to my knowledge, and killing you after you had OMGUSed me would be a horrible nightkill choice, as it would place suspicion on me.

Stop playing stupid.

I would hammer CobaltKobold, then you have a target for the next day.

Netting two town if you get me lynched the next day.  Of course, this is old news.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 02, 2009, 04:19:21 pm »

You = Scum

Stop playing stupid.

I would hammer CobaltKobold, then you have a target for the next day.

Netting two town if you get me lynched the next day.  Of course, this is old news.

Start explaining yourself. Why would I specifically target you and Cobalt. Make a step by step plan. You aren't making sense.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Dude, we went over this A DAY AGO.  I hate re-explaining this so...

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44270.msg894492#msg894492

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Two-three days, yaddha yaddha.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Again, damn. Gotta find those links. Give me some time.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

@Mod I'd like to declare that Rash has NOT been posting truly. 

Thus I request a forced replacement for Rash.

No, I'm NOT joking.
I KNEW IT!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

About what?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'll second that.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

See what I mean?

We fuss about people like Org and ExKirby and what not but they DO post and when they post they write some attempt at an argument. 

From you though.. we don't get ANYTHING.  Your votes are purely random, and they are flung all over the place: and that's your most interactive.  Now we don't even get that.

I placed you as on of my targets.  I've asked for information.  We pressured.  There's been a mountain of events going on in one of the longest games ever. 

And what do we get?

About what?

By standards I do not believe in policy lynches.  Even people who lurk a ton should play even if they are annoying.

That above.. that's what you've been given.  It's beyond just keeping out of the limelight.  It's beyond just odd behavior.  It's beyond even anti-town.  You aren't even playing anymore.

So yes, I want you gone.  I don't want you lynched.  I want you removed.  Replaced or modkilled I don't care, but you're gone, and if this is all you can offer then like hell you're playing in any game I'm hosting.

Clear now?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 151