Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: LCS Mafia - Game Over - From The Jaws Of Victory - CCS Bastards Win  (Read 63210 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
Re: LCS Mafia - Day 2 - Some News Is Good News
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2009, 08:47:01 am »

Quote from: Frelock
Sorry for being out so long; Turkey day was fun.  I'll be sure to be more active. 
oh... I forgot about the US holiday...
Alright, so first off, I'll answer your question Alex.  I was responsible for the ExKirby mislynch.  First, I saw his seemingly off vote for Archangel.  I called him on it, and pressed for his reasoning.  He pointed at Dak and said "what he said."  Now, that was completely stupid as he meant to be voting for you(Alex) the entire time.  When pressed further, he couldn't come up with any real reasoning whatsoever.  Hence, I voted for him.  It seemed to me like he was going for what he might have thought would be an easy lynch, as Dak was on Alex at the time he originally voted.  The real thing that got under my nerves was when he just kept quoting Dak's post, basically saying "I don't have any real reason to vote, but this guy says there's a reason, so I'll go with him." 
Your reasons are sound.  The fact that he stubbornly voted for me with dak's reasons even when dak explained him how he thought otherwise was lame.  But consider for example, Kashyyk.  The guy I pressured with no success on day 1.  He never felt the need to vote because no one was scummy enough.  Kashyyk is no newb like we might consider, ExKirby, who has not get the hang of mafia yet. 

Would you say it's scummier to vote with someone else's reasons or not vote at all an glide through the game, unnoticed?
I don't really know why Rooster and Org joined me, but they came in after ExKirby revealed that he was voting for Alex, or basically near the end of the day, when there was no clear majority on anyone else.  It's possible that they were just bandwaggoning, but why they didn't join ExKirby on lynching Alexhans (a far more active player) sort of dispels that theory.  Of course, they had more reason to go against ExKirby than Alex, at least in my opinion. 
ExKirby was much easier mislynch.  Org voted exKirby in some kind of OMGUS-childish-rage, similar to what he is doing with me.  That's his pattern. it seems.

Speaking of Alex, I'm somewhat curious as to how you survived ExKirby's super-saint attack.  Day-kill immune townie?  Of course you don't have to answer that, I'm just saying that it's unexpected ('course, the super-said part was unexpected too).  I'm guessing the "modified" part meant that whomever he was voting for was killed, considering who was targeted.  I wonder if he knew about this, and if so, why did he decide to kill Alex?
For the town's sake.  This is a subject in wich I will not dwell to much unless a sufficient number people want me to talk about it.  It would probably help scum.  I'm glad to noticed it, though.  That shows that you are paying attention.  Unlike every other guy who has posted.

if the role didn't make Exkirby just kill whoever he was voting he probably chose me because, sadly, he thought i was scum.
Now, let's talk about what happened in the night.  First, we have our two kills: Dak and Panda.  Dak was a fairly obvious one; he was an active player who scumhunted.  Panda, I'm not as sure about.  He was somewhat active, but not so much as to attract attention.  It's possible that his insistence on roleflips rather than transparency might have given him away as a third party.  I think we can safely assume the conservatives had one kill.  Just through the flavor of the name, I would guess the Stalinists had the second kill.  This means there is some hope that the two groups will kill each other off.  However, this does not allow the town to do absolutely nothing during the day.
Man... I've missed this.  Even if you are scum.  I'm so thankful for your post.  I didn't think that Pandar was an obv third party.  His reasons for roleflips were pretty good, IMO.  He didn't scumhunt though.

Crosskills are relatively good odds throughout the game.  But, as you say, we can't take chances.
A quick statement on what happened with the issues last night: we had someone or someones who completely liberalized roleflips (thank you for that).  We also have the questionable legal status of Cerfews, which is odd.  I think that we should be safe and assume it's still conservative for now.  Then finally we have the censorship law locked in place.  That is quite annoying, but I think we can still work around it.  I'm going to go and place an unneded vote on Free Speech and say no more about the issues.
I think we could theorize that whoever voted censorship during the day does not belong to the scumteam (prob conservatives) that locked the issue.  That goes in my TOCHECK list. 

Frelock, never mind my "town fervor".  Even if I was scum.  It's in town's best interest to look at everyone and scumhunt.  There's no reason for people to tunnel-vision and shutting like clams about everythign else.
As to who is scum?  I'm currently leaning towards Org: he voted for ExKirby with little reasoning of his own, and now he striking at Alex with little point.  Of course, Org could just be playing stupid as well, I don't really know yet.  When everybody is talking, I'll turn my attention to him.
I have this growing feeling that Org is genuine and town.  Don't fall again on the easy-newbscum trap.  We can't just let him play like this but he should focus on other people too.
Thus far, Bulborish and Eduren have yet to show up.
and Mr.Person!!! This is extremely important.  There's 3 players who arent playing and don't feel the need.  If Mr.Person doesn't come up with some good posts soon I'm gonna recommend that we lynch him before it's too late.  I would be voting him if I only were allowed to vote once.  He knows that lurking aids scum.  He comes and posts one liners and dissapears again.  If that is not flying under the radar.  I don't know what is.
FoS: Mr.Person (just to make it clear)
Quote from: Pandarsenic
I hate you all.

One other thing I should mention, did we really have 2 mafias and an SK?  Seems rather overboard on scum to me.  Of course, with 3 kills per day/night, there was bound to be plenty of scum dying to other scum.
Sk had a different kind of kill... Powerful, but only after day 2.  So we are free of that one.  If stalinists have a kill.  It makes me sad to realize the fact that there's no town vigilante, I mean, come on... this is the LCS... :roll: We use GUNS and violence to liberalize the world.

Quote from: Rooster
Frelock & Alexhans: <facepalm> I didn't join you! Neighter was my voting a wagon in any way. I was the first voter. I just didn't unvote him.
Ok.  why didn't you?
Frelock: No I didn't come after him after voting for Alex. In fact it was randomvote the whole time from me.
again.  Why did you stick to a random vote to lynch someone?
Also I didn't say nothing on last night. Can you read? I said we were damn lucky to see SK dead.
Well... that's not really useful is it.  I mean, we can all post fluff and jokes but posting something about the game could've been cool.
Alexhans is just doing a "I dare you" stunt just like Panda did earlier. It really didn't help Pandarsenic at night.
Ok... I was thinking about unvoting you to focus on other people.  But this doesn't sound well.  First, specify what you mean with the "stunt".  Second, is that a threat?  It surely sounds like it.  Are you relishing in the fact that I might die or what?
Alexhans: What do you expect from me? To repent for having a hand in lynching ExKirby?
You gotta be joking. Why didn't you just openly said that ExKirby isn't worth it and went for someone else like an avalanche?
No. Just explain what were your reasons so we can all understand if your motives were pro-town.  I didn't vote Exkirby.  I called him stubborn.  I tried to reason with him.  If you didn't understand that I didn't want him lynched, it's your fault.  I went after kashyyk but no one took any notice.
Vote Frelock: misinterpreting of what I said. Saying like he was the most important part in all this. Only scum should put words in someone's mouth. Keep that in mind
wrong.  Maybe you're just overreacting to a scumhunt attempt.  If you think someone is putting words into your mouth contradict them and explain why.  Don't just vote because they might very well be town.

Also, what do you think about the lurkers?  We should let them win if they're scum because they aren't playing?
The fact that a townie got lynched means very little. And because of Alexhans post almost no one will vote for him, and if someone did, that would be highly suspicious. Nice WIFOM Alexhans
Dude... if you're accusing me do it the straight way.  Don't beat around the bush with generics.  Explain what I said and why do you think is scummy.

Wich post?  Why no one will vote for me?  Why would it be suspicious for someone to vote me? (do you think there's good reasons to vote me?) What WIFOM did I make?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2009, 10:43:21 am »

Vote count (So who's got issues again?):
Free Speech: Mr.Person, Org, MagmaDeath, Kashyyk, Rooster [5]

Vote count (I suppose we need to find them Trots now too?):
Rooster: Alexhans, Frelock [2]
Alexhans: Org, MagmaDeath [2]
Org: Mr.Person [1]
Frelock: Rooster [1]

Teams:
Liberals: 5
Conservatives: 2
Stalinists: 2
Super-Mutant: 0

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 27, 2009, 10:57:36 am »

Well, I would vote someone else, but Org is scum. He has no good reason to vote Alex, and yet he continues to vote Alex for seemingly no reason.

I'm also going to look into Rooster, MagmaDeath, and all the lurkers who have yet to vote for someone today. Alex, who I think is a townie, but I've learned that I cannot read Alex well, is right. There are a lot of people who aren't saying anything. Like you, Kashyyk. Come one down, vote someone, at least say something.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 27, 2009, 11:15:19 am »

Well, I would vote someone else, but Org is scum. He has no good reason to vote Alex, and yet he continues to vote Alex for seemingly no reason.
Isn't this the same thing ExKirby did?  That worries me.

Mr.Person.  You've been missing practically all d1.  I'd like to hear much more from you.

Can someone theorize on stalinists?  What are they?  Why are they inserted here?  What could their goals be? 

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 27, 2009, 11:19:25 am »

This is too good to be true. Alexhans is buddying to make me sound like his scumbuddy. I thought you were good at mafia

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 27, 2009, 11:43:52 am »

You're the worst kind of idiot, Org... the blind idiot...

How would i sell, as scum, the fact that you were my buddy?  Are you stupid? You're going after me for no reason... and it doesn't look like bussing... You're too silly to even know the concept.

I wouldn't need to make you look my scumbuddy... because if I were scum, I wouldn't plan on being lynched...
If I wanted you dead... I'd vote you for being so anti-town and I'd probably get support for it... don't you see it?  Frelock, Mr.Person and others expressed concerns over your actions and desire to vote you.

How the hell would it be a good play to make me look like your scumbuddy?

Before you say something you don't understand, this is NOT WIFOM... this is a rational argument.  Read it as many times as you need to understand it.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:20 pm »

Alex: I didn't unvote ExKirby because I just didn't see anyone particualrly more scummy. And he was avoiding discussion, by using someone elses reasoning, and I admit I also did something like that, but when walls of text are cast that cover everything then it's hard to come up with something new and refreshing.

What I mean with the stunt is that you are playing very good. Too good. Pandarsenic said that anyone who voted him was scummy (or something like that). First you said that you needed protection at night, and you probably had it, therefore mafia went for other people. If you go around like that nobody will even approach you with voting, increasing risk of being a target for NK. But the doctor is dead and unless there is a second one that trusts you, then it really doesn't do you good to put yourself in the middle of attention, especially when Pandarsenic was NK "just because" (Nobody knows why for sure). And yes I for one didn't took much notice about the argument with Kashyyk. It would be good now to see him post walls of text.

About Frelock: Honestly what is he trying to do here? I DID NOT WAGON EXKIRBY! I was the first voter, and Frelock said I did, only mafia should lie. Seriously.

What about lurkers? It would be great if leafsnail would be more harsh to them, and prod them, ask them to be replaced, or whatever. At least one post every 24 hours.

End of your post: You're so Pro-Town that it's suspicious to vote pro-town player no?
Unless I misunderstood Org and Magma Death were slaughtered for voting you no?
A question arises: Are you scum? Because if you are then you're dangerous and therefore someone to lynch, but if you're town then that would be such a huge mistake that would cost the town the game.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 27, 2009, 12:06:47 pm »

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

:/

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 27, 2009, 03:10:42 pm »

Blah, so much to respond to.
you're so childish...  :D   I could write all your posts down in one post and it wouldn't amount to anything... just a few random lines. 

And your incompetence to resist and ad hom without being blinded by teen fury shows us you dont have what it takes to win.

the fact that you tunnel vision with 2 lines and leave and only come back to add to more lines of nothing shows us you don't know how to play mafia.  Mafia is about scumhunting too, you know?

btw... I know your role...
My reasoning is, with free speech, our almighty lords the elite liberals can plan without the conservitives noticing.
you're probably one of the masons with bulborish...  It's very likely that you guys differ on allignments.  Think about that.

anyway... this is my last make-org-cry-like-a-schoolgirl post... I shouldn't be doing this but it releases some tension from my system...
How exactly do you know his role? You are apperently a town aligned role cop who is day kill immune... Yeah right. More like you had help from one of your mafiesto friends, then forgot that you weren't supposed to know that.

Quote from: MagmaDeath
You're not analyzing the game.
Yes, I am.
then... What do you think about the rest of the players?  What about the setup? I probably missed those posts... G_G
Kashyyk: Not really sure
Mr.Person: Lurky possible scum.
Org: This looks like town Org to me, though he has an eternal null tell. We probably shouldn't bother going after him, though we should keep an eye out.
Eduren: Lurky, Possible scum.
Alexhans: Trying to lead the town around, directing who they vote for. Scum.
Bulborish: Lurky possible scum
Frelock: Probably not scum
Rooster: Probably not scum, Just new.
You never scumhunted.
What do you think I am doing? Just engaging in friendly conversation?
no.  Just waggon hopping. 
So anyone who votes for you is now jumping on a bandwagon? Nice WIFOM there scummy.
You posted everywhere else.
Yes I did, because everywhere else, people are active. In this mafia, people seem not to be as active, and therefore I post less since I gain less content.
nice vicious circle.  If people dont post.  You dont post.  Great if you're scum... excuse your intended lurking by the lurking of other people.

Could you resume the events of day 1 for me. please?  What were the highlights?
[/quote]
Mainly, ExKirby screwing up with his reasoning for voting you, IE just saying "What darkian said".
Everyone jumped on this, and he was lynched.
I fosed you.
You're OMGUSing me.
Sure, OMGUS explains everything. No. OMGUS is not a Scum tell anymore, If anything its only a Newb tell. I Honestly suspected you of being scum, and thats why I went after you, not because you FoS'd me.
I can believe that... but it's funny that you say OMGUS is not a scumtell (nothing is a scumtell per se) but pretend that being angry is a scumtell.
OMGUS really isnt as much of a scumtell as being Overemotional at the prospect of being lynched.
You just come to jump on my waggon...
Yeah, Um no. Two people is not a "waggon", When there are 9 people. Paranoida, another scum tell.
How many people did it take to lynch ExKirby?  THREE ... GODDAMMED THREE (3)... so it's not paranoia... if town doesnt play.... I can get lynched with just 2.  Not that I think it will happen.  But it might.  And a vote followed inmediatly by another is always a waggon.  It doesnt have to be a 4th vote... do you pretend that because you voted early you're free of jumping on a waggon?  is that a scumtactic?
And yes, Anger at being voted for is a scumtell.
Bullshit.  Research mafia games, dude.  I've been town quite a few times.  I've expressed anger a lot of times (regardless of allignment). 
And? I've looked over some of your previous games and you've never been as angry as this at being voted for. Your super self-preservation instinct, even if you are town is not pro town.
You're thinking in absolutes.  That's flawed. 

Do you think the first time I expressed anger was when I was voted?  If you dont, why didnt you mention this when Dakarian voted me and I strongly fought him?
What? He had voted for you for the same reasons I had, Then backed off. I was much busier then, So I wasn't as active. It had already blown over by the time I got back.

In case you didn't read the rest of the post. Its impossible to PM, And Alexhans is apperently Day-Kill immune and knows Orgs role. What do you think the likely hood of us having a daykill immune role cop is? Think about it.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 27, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »

I've decided to answer anything concerning me, in an attempt at becoming a better town player.

Quote from: Alexhans
But consider for example, Kashyyk.  The guy I pressured with no success on day 1.  He never felt the need to vote because no one was scummy enough.  Kashyyk is no newb like we might consider, ExKirby, who has not get the hang of mafia yet.

Would you say it's scummier to vote with someone else's reasons or not vote at all an glide through the game, unnoticed?

In my opinion it is more scummy to vote with someone else's reasons. It feels to much like bandwagonning, which is bad. I try to think up new reasons or at least reiterate old ones if I'm going to vote someone. For example, I don't say "I'm voting Alexhans cos of what Org said kthxbai!" That's just wrong.

Quote from: Alexhans
I went after kashyyk but no one took any notice.
I'm quite interested to find the reasoning behind that, any decent town would have jumped and dragged words out of me, or had me lynched.

Also Alex, what question do you actually mean then? I'm at a loss.

Kashyyk: Not really sure
I'm hoping to change that.

Finally, my own thoughts:
I personally don't believe Alex's 'frantic angriness' to be scummy, I see why it might be but I don't think it is in this case. MagmaDeath's post may have things going for it, however I feel that it is too forced.

I'm going to vote MagmaDeath as he has either stolen the Toony Tunnel, or is going after someone he and his scumbuddy think is an easylynch. Which means Org. FOS on you, since I don't have two votes.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 27, 2009, 04:07:59 pm »

Alright, so I'm an idiot who didn't re-read the prior day and trusted to a very faulty memory.  Both Rooster and Org were on ExKirby before I was.  If anyone was bandwaggoning, I was.  Rooster was entirely correct.  His reasoning for voting ExKirby was due to the day shortening request, and other mildly odd behavior, or in his words:
Ex Kirby (He just acted weird but I'm unsure what whas a scumtell and what a townietell)

Also, after Dak and I interrogated ExKirby, he had this post:
The situation demands for me to speak, so I speak.
Alex: Sorry bout lurking, but I don't have much to say that I wasn't already said.
I wanted to ask ExKirby questions, but you and Dakarian have said everything. So what can I add? Nothing, and therefore I'll focus on someone else when I'll have the opportunity.

Alright, now though I'm not entirely happy with those posts and that reasoning (especially the second one; it's similar to why I voted for ExKirby, not to mention you never focused on anyone else until I voted for you), you are talking now, which was my main intention.  Therefore, I will Unvote Rooster.

All generalizations are false....including this one.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 27, 2009, 05:13:02 pm »

I will start on my suspicions.

Org: If you ever make a post that is more than 100 words, I will literally send you 30 bucks. That being said you are using buzz words and bad logic.

Frelock: Can't really read him

Rooster: You jumped pretty hard at what was essentially a lurkerhunt

Mr. Person: You seem to be active-lurking. Org has never given good reasons for what he does, and I don't like that either (I'm actually toying with the idea to ban him from any games I eventually host) but I don't see a good reason to lynch him. You are putting your vote on a neutral person and lurkerhunting. This smacks of scum trying to blend into the background.

Alex: Well, day one I couldn't read the thread fast enough and by the time that I was done, the day was over. Today, I had a holiday. Your anger seems to be genuine frustration but I'm keeping my eye on you.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 27, 2009, 05:38:53 pm »

I will start on my suspicions.

Org: If you ever make a post that is more than 100 words, I will literally send you 30 bucks.

Wow. You promise? You should totally give it to Tarn Adams...

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 27, 2009, 05:54:05 pm »

I've already paid my DF tax this year.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 27, 2009, 06:12:12 pm »

You seem to be active-lurking. Org has never given good reasons for what he does,

And that makes it ok?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34