Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587668 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #870 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:06 pm »

??

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 03, 2010, 08:34:02 pm »

On a tuesday or Friday on #mafia on the globalgamers server, if there is no game, type !xmafia start chaos

!xmafia in to join. Look at your role. Or type !xmafia testsetup chaos

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 03, 2010, 09:06:24 pm »

I mainly like BYORs and variants and themed games that don't have muddled alignments or too many possible roles (i.e. B12 is good, but I don't like Paranormal anymore). More fun when people don't leave in the middle of the game. ::)

Bay 12 Mafia too would probably be quite role heavy, although not bastard.  I can guarentee no confirmed townies, at aleast.
Didn't help town at all anyway. ;)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 03, 2010, 09:08:09 pm »

Oh yeah, I think I was Meph in B12 Mafia.

Hehehhe, I was Meph.  HEEE

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #874 on: March 03, 2010, 09:35:37 pm »

I mainly like BYORs and variants and themed games that don't have muddled alignments or too many possible roles (i.e. B12 is good, but I don't like Paranormal anymore). More fun when people don't leave in the middle of the game. ::)

When was the last time you played in Paranormal?  Round 5?  It's a bit role heavy, I admit, but we did some work to try to clean it up a few rounds ago.  To each his/her own of course, but you could always give it another try.  They're smaller games now too.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 03, 2010, 09:46:27 pm »

When was the last time you played in Paranormal?  Round 5?  It's a bit role heavy, I admit, but we did some work to try to clean it up a few rounds ago.  To each his/her own of course, but you could always give it another try.  They're smaller games now too.
Yeah, as I have seen, they have dropped many players, from being at around 16-17 players a game, to less then 14 or so.

One game had 22 players in it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 03, 2010, 10:17:23 pm »

Yeah, as I have seen, they have dropped many players, from being at around 16-17 players a game, to less then 14 or so.

One game had 22 players in it.
Yeah, well we'll need that high number again...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:53 pm »

Name      |      Rate of activity:       |      Preferred Game Type:      |      Examples:   
   Dakarian:       |      4 game max       |      liking for standard games with very quirky roles.       |       Bay 12, Toon Mafia   
   Eduren:       |      4 game max.      |      no bastard      |         
   Vector:      |      1 or 2 games        |      quirky roles and setups, won by cleverness not power role abuse      |         
   Pandarsenic:      |            |      Dislikes bastard mods, with a single scum group   |      Paranormal   
   Org:      |      2-3 games,      |      Any type but bastard      |      Boot Camp, Paranormal   
   ToonyMan:       |      3 games max      |      flavory text      |         
   Webadict:      |      unknown max      |      Non-bastard, balanced, unrigged games      |      Vote Mafia   
   Mr.Person      |      Avoids 3, never 4      |      Interesting sides and roles, no bastards      |      I/S/E   
   Leafsnail      |            |      anything      |         
   Mephansteras      |      About 1 game      |      Non-bastard, known rules      |      I/S/E – Vote Mafia   
   RedWarrior0      |      1 or 2 games      |      well thought out crazy roles, including bastards      |      Rysiths, #mafia's Chaos    
   Zai      |            |      BYOR and themed games without muddled alignments      |      B12   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:38:56 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 03, 2010, 11:43:08 pm »

No matter what I do, I always end up using spreadsheets.

Sidenote, I see some of the issue here.  Quite  a few folks want quirky games but not bastards or mountainous games. 

Funny thing, a reason why NM existed was to focus on the day game.  I think we're doing better than that nowadays.

Proposal:  Bay 12 P2 get greenlighted.  Also I wonder if there's an interest in me doing a BYOR after all.  It's been a while since I did something with flavoring, and I've taken a few hints on how to make roles that aren't stupid but not the regular 'cop/doc/vig' variety.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 03, 2010, 11:56:25 pm »

No matter what I do, I always end up using spreadsheets.

Sidenote, I see some of the issue here.  Quite  a few folks want quirky games but not bastards or mountainous games. 

Funny thing, a reason why NM existed was to focus on the day game.  I think we're doing better than that nowadays.

Proposal:  Bay 12 P2 get greenlighted.  Also I wonder if there's an interest in me doing a BYOR after all.  It's been a while since I did something with flavoring, and I've taken a few hints on how to make roles that aren't stupid but not the regular 'cop/doc/vig' variety.

Yes.  I very, very much want to play both the BYOR and Bay 12 P2.  Just wait on the BYOR until BYOR 3 finishes/gets to true lylo, please, and then it'll be a great time to run it.

I'll also probably in on NM again, eventually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:19 am »

Name      |      Rate of activity:       |      Preferred Game Type:      |      Examples:   
   Dakarian:       |      4 game max       |      liking for standard games with very quirky roles.       |       Bay 12, Toon Mafia   
   Eduren:       |      4 game max.      |      no bastard      |         
   Vector:      |      1 or 2 games        |      quirky roles and setups, won by cleverness not power role abuse      |         
   Pandarsenic:      |      Any number      |      Dislikes bastard mods, likes a single scum group   |      Paranormal, Vote, Bay12, Toony, NearlyMountainous   
   Org:      |      2-3 games,      |      Any type but bastard      |      Boot Camp, Paranormal   
   ToonyMan:       |      3 games max      |      flavory text      |         
   Webadict:      |      unknown max      |      Non-bastard, balanced, unrigged games      |      Vote Mafia   
   Mr.Person      |      Avoids 3, never 4      |      Interesting sides and roles, no bastards      |      I/S/E   
   Leafsnail      |            |      anything      |         
   Mephansteras      |      About 1 game      |      Non-bastard, known rules      |      I/S/E – Vote Mafia   
   RedWarrior0      |      1 or 2 games      |      well thought out crazy roles, including bastards      |      Rysiths, #mafia's Chaos    
   Zai      |            |      BYOR and themed games without muddled alignments      |      B12   

Fixed my row.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 04, 2010, 12:19:55 am »

For the record, do be a little warned.  The BYOR will be run by the same person that put ROLES into a Mountainous game.

aka: I can NEVER do anything normal.

The quirk (might) be small (or large) for BYOR: Choices though.  During signups there will be a list with lines like this:

Just a Dot, Not a Lot
Show and Tell
Mightier than the Sword

Each one corresponds to a rule that can be placed in the game.   Along with the normal 'give me a name' (and yes, links/videos/whatever can be used to explain your role's name here though I CAN go odd with how I spin it) you can request as many or as few of the rules as you like.  Any rule that has at least half the players choosing it will go into effect.  The rules won't be bastardish (OMG your vote goes to the one below you!!), just changing the style of the game and the roles that will be given.  i.e. "spoiled flavor" means that the flavor will have actual game information (think how Paranormal's flavor goes) and some of the roles will have abilities that touch on it.  "..in the membrane!" means there will be roles that effect sanity (i.e. scum that can make a player Insane, a doc that heals sanity..ext).

You won't be told directly what line does what but it can be reasoned out if you're that type.  You'll be told what rules are in effect when the game starts.

And if you're afraid, the game works as a standard game.  It's just a matter of adding quirks depending on what the players desire.  
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 04, 2010, 12:27:59 am »

Mightier than the Sword

If this goes in my first italicized flavortext will be killing everyone who voted to put it in.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 04, 2010, 12:31:02 am »

Mightier than the Sword

DO WANT SO MUCH GRARGHLEBLARGHLE

Probably shouldn't've said that ._.  But y'all'd know it was me, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 04, 2010, 12:40:21 am »

I would totally be up for running a Forum based Chaos game :P
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 443