Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587124 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #1200 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:26 pm »

Spoiler: Mildly relevant (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 30, 2010, 12:44:46 am »

All right, dudes.  Are there any gametypes people really want to play, or do we all just kind of hate Mafia nowadays?

I mean come on.  Even Bring Your Own Trope isn't filling up!  Seriously!

[/shameless plug]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 30, 2010, 12:52:40 am »

Probably my fault. Without me, people are lost and can't find games. I'll be back, my people. Soon.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 30, 2010, 04:53:11 am »

There's imminent BURNINGS of people who won't join at this rate.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 30, 2010, 06:03:43 pm »

Probably my fault. Without me, people are lost and can't find games. I'll be back, my people. Soon.

Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack O Mafia God ~

There's imminent BURNINGS of people who won't join at this rate.

Yeah, I agree.  Burn the infidels!

But in more seriousness, I think we've got to rethink what we're doing.  For example: why did the old BMs seem to work so much better?  What is it about BMs nowadays that is making them have so much trouble?

They seem to have sort of tanked, recently, and I end up wondering what's up... and sort of hoping that I could run something more flavor-heavy to good response in the near future.  Not Prism, unfortunately.  Just some BMs with a lot of story, and possibly a Near-Mountainous.

I think one of our problems is that we don't have a lot of really skilled mods running around running games right now, to draw in new appeal and kick up the regulars.  We also don't have a bunch of innovation.  Not much kicking in the Mafia Gametypes thread, for example, and no one is itching to get on the queue over here.

Fortunately, it looks like Webadict will be back pretty soon, and Leafsnail might return eventually.  Lonewolf I is shaping up into a capable mod.  Kudos to Pandarsenic for continuing to run games... and I, for one, will certainly start modding more in the near future.  Just need to finish off BMIX's flavor, as promised, and think up something new.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 30, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

I cant run games. D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 30, 2010, 06:06:46 pm »

I cant run games. D:

You can't?  Why not?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 30, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »

Updated the OP.

Anything I'm missing?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 30, 2010, 06:11:20 pm »

I make too many mistakes, in all of the games that I mod.
Some of the time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 30, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »

I make too many mistakes, in all of the games that I mod.
Some of the time.

Awww... but Aztec Mafia worked really well.  Maybe you could just try a bit harder to be careful?

Anything I'm missing?

Bay12 has officially ended.  Thanks for the hard work, Meph.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 30, 2010, 09:02:34 pm »

Don't worry Org. Run a DF Mafia! I'll help you out with some roles if'n you like.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 30, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »

As Dethy Deluxe is, One Shot and Second Chance were examples of my complete ineptitude at modding games. And then there was Quantum, but that's like complaining about Obama and bringing Bush into the equation. I may attempt to redo it, but not without a LOOOONG thought about it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:54 pm »

As Dethy Deluxe is, One Shot and Second Chance were examples of my complete ineptitude at modding games. And then there was Quantum, but that's like complaining about Obama and bringing Bush into the equation. I may attempt to redo it, but not without a LOOOONG thought about it.

To be honest, I really loved Quantum.  And parallel.  In fact... perhaps... yes, it's true.

I'd like to run a rendition of parallel.  Any takers?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 30, 2010, 10:06:17 pm »

That's very odd. As a thought exercise and because I may want to do it in the future, I math'd out an entire first night of 9p Quantum Mafia in OpenCalc (Excel). I think it's right, but of course I've got no way to be sure. At any rate, there's averages I can hand out to the players. And of course the flavor can be hilarious with stuff like

"You feel 33% dead
You feel 17% like the head conspirator
You feel 17% like the secondary conspirator
You feel 13% like the cop
If you're the cop, Webadict is town

What the FUCK? All of these can't be right... can they? Certainly not at the same time... Well, it won't be the weirdest thing to happen here at CERN after the accident."

Course I'm not a good flavor guy or mod, but hey, whatever. It was... ok, it wasn't fun, it took 5 hours, and I've got nothing useful to show for it, but I did it, damnit.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 30, 2010, 10:27:04 pm »

If you're not the cop, I'm 50% town.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 443