Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585243 times)

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
  • 'Oh PLEASE be my prisoner!'
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #1290 on: August 20, 2010, 05:27:40 pm »

well, i've gone and written a humongous flavour for the tf2 mafia, and i have the roles pretty much planned out in my head; so expect it to happen after i get some more experience of mafia itsself.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 20, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »

well, i've gone and written a humongous flavour for the tf2 mafia, and i have the roles pretty much planned out in my head; so expect it to happen after i get some more experience of mafia itsself.

Hey, awesome!  Always good to see a newbie getting in on the modding action.

Just a sidenote: you might want to talk to one of the more experienced mods, like Pandarsenic, Webadict, or Mephansteras about balancing roles.  It's always good to have a mentor around when you're running your first game =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 20, 2010, 06:41:56 pm »

Put in a Double-Voter Daykiller Lynch-Immune Vigilante.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 20, 2010, 06:42:54 pm »

*smack*

Bad Pandarsenic! That's almost as bad as including a Ghost...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 20, 2010, 06:46:23 pm »

1. Host
2. Include Lich
3. Everyone hates you
4. ? ? ?
5. Profit
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 20, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »

All right.  We're doing okay right now, other than the games that have filled up and aren't running.

Those are problems.

Everyone wants to play a game, but it seems like we're really having a lot of trouble getting the suckers started Pandarsenic.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 20, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »

I'm close to being finished with the roles. I just need a few more tweaks. It'll be running by tomorrow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 20, 2010, 09:09:03 pm »

I'm close to being finished with the roles. I just need a few more tweaks. It'll be running by tomorrow.

Okay, good.  That means two games slated to start running tomorrow, out of the FOUR that are currently waiting in the wings.

Once those have gotten out of RVS or so, I'm going to suggest that we put one or two queued games in signups.  It's kind of sad to be stuck with only one game open and 4 waiting.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

And who would that be?

Engineer could probably be PWV, Medic is obv doctor, (other team) Spy is obv scum, allied spy is ???.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:17 am »

And who would that be?

dead ringer spy D;

thanks vector. i'm hoping it won't need too much tweaking as it's pretty much all fairly vanilla roles (two of them being slightly altered, nothing drastic); the hardest bit will probably be balancing the town vs scum / town power roles vs scum power roles, in terms of numbers of each. but yes, i'll be sure to run it by somebody :D

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

Is it an open or closed setup?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Scatterbrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 21, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »

closed i guess. roles will roughly correspond with classes, but nobody knows what classes are present, or in what number.  i get this covered in the flavour. i'm hoping this will make for some interesting roleclaims :>

edit: also, for anyone planning to play the game, don't read too much into anything i'm saying here (e.g 'no really weird/different roles' and soforth) as everything's still very much in development.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:00:02 pm by Scatterbrain »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:11 pm »

Wow, you guys have gotten really organized since I've dropped out of mafia.

Well, I'm thinking of getting back in, and I want to host the next Beginner's Mafia. Number 15 was it? Yeah, I can do that. I want to do it so Aqizzar and some of the other GD fellows can perhaps get into it. Vector told me that it might be prudent to start sign-ups on Wednesday.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 22, 2010, 06:32:09 pm »

Well, I'm thinking of getting back in, and I want to host the next Beginner's Mafia. Number 15 was it? Yeah, I can do that. I want to do it so Aqizzar and some of the other GD fellows can perhaps get into it. Vector told me that it might be prudent to start sign-ups on Wednesday.

Haha ^_^;;

I'm so glad to see you around here again!  I've been really missing all the old regulars.  As far as "why Wednesday," I think it works best to start signups around the beginning of D2 for the previous game (which should be scheduled Wednesdayish).  So, please take a look around, refamiliarize yourself, figure out how you want to do things, and then let us all know when you're ready to head the show roadwards.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 22, 2010, 06:43:02 pm »

This'll be as good a chance as any to pick this up, so expect me there.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 443