Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587607 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #1725 on: October 20, 2010, 11:25:21 pm »

Eduren, dammit, that was a fun discussion!

To everyone involved in that discussion:

You guys need to learn how to calm down.  If you think the S rank will turn into a "circle-jerk," say so politely.  If you think attendance policies will destroy your fun of the game... then for goodness' sakes, be polite about it.  Getting all pissy in games is one thing.  Getting virulently insulting outside of them will destroy the subforum.  Hell, it's already pretty much gone.  Who cares?  Why don't we just go around calling each other cunts when we don't like what others are proposing?

I don't expect you guys to play well.  I don't expect you to be especially nice or supportive people.  Hell, I don't even expect you to care about this place or keeping it running.

What I expect is that you be civilized.  I believe you can do it.
I agree with you Vector. It's better to be polite than to be right. It's a game, guys. When you learn that, you realize how stupid it is to argue after the game is over about the little things in such an angry manner. If you want to discuss, then do it without yelling profanities.

Either that, or suck some lemons.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 20, 2010, 11:29:16 pm »

Yes please. No matter what, this board won't stay alive if we don't try to respect each other as fellow competitors.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 20, 2010, 11:40:59 pm »

I missed it completely, and I'm happy to keep it as such.

Not to digress from the topic, but IRC Mafia anyone? There are approximately 7 Neruzes in there right now. It's nutters.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 20, 2010, 11:44:49 pm »

I missed it completely, and I'm happy to keep it as such.

Not to digress from the topic, but IRC Mafia anyone? There are approximately 7 Neruzes in there right now. It's nutters.
Is that where he went? I haven't seen him in a while.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:01 pm »

He got banned, actually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:07 pm »

He got banned, actually.
That's right, I forgot.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 20, 2010, 11:55:20 pm »

He got banned, actually.
That's right, I forgot.
He's actually over at mafiascum. I was browsing the site and I found him there. I was actually quite surprised.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:37 am »

Seems he's taken a Shine to the place. Also has voiced no interest in coming back, though he's struggling to run a Play-By-Post D&D campaign there.

Anywho, busy lynchin' scums and catching up on old times.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 21, 2010, 02:20:54 am »

POLITENESS IS FOR CUNTS

On a more serious note, I would join you but I'm writing a paper.

As you can tell by my posting here, it's not going so well.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 21, 2010, 06:10:03 am »

If you look at Neruz profile, it doesnt look like he was banned.
Others who were banned, you couldnt see their profiles and their names said guest and stuff.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:12 am »

Run more games... Even if they're small ones, like ss3 or a small 5 player one with no powers or something. Or must I make one? Because if I have to make one, someone's in trouble.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 21, 2010, 11:01:54 am »

Once more, it's time to discuss what we're doing game-running-wise.

Spoiler: current games status (click to show/hide)

All right.  I honestly think that maybe we shouldn't open any more games up, for now.

Though on the other hand...

GlyphGryph, how do you feel about re-opening that 5p bastard mod you were going to run at some point?  You know, the 5p bastard round two.  I'd certainly play that, and it looks like small games are what's going right now.

Might also be a good idea to get a 7p or 9p mountainous/near-mountainous running.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 21, 2010, 11:14:42 am »

If I knew the first thing (and also all the other things) about running a game, I would take a stab and open one just to get the activity back. As it stands, I'm in alien zombie demons and that's about it.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 21, 2010, 11:16:30 am »

If I knew the first thing (and also all the other things) about running a game, I would take a stab and open one just to get the activity back. As it stands, I'm in alien zombie demons and that's about it.

Maybe you could run the next BM?  After XVII finishes, Toaster's going to be running a game, so it might be good for you to get things going with BMXVIII--or you could try a mountainous, if Eduren doesn't want to get that started.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 21, 2010, 11:29:23 am »

Maybe you could run the next BM?  After XVII finishes, Toaster's going to be running a game, so it might be good for you to get things going with BMXVIII--or you could try a mountainous, if Eduren doesn't want to get that started.

Sure, if someone wants to give me pointers about how to balance and run things. I literally know nothing about running games. Which is sad, since I've been here for some time.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 443