Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587077 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #1740 on: October 21, 2010, 12:04:04 pm »

Wait... I'm running EVERY ACTIVE GAME!? hehehe

Anyways, on account of how I am running two games starting tomorrow (when Cybrid2 kicks off), I think I'll probably wait until one of them finishes before running it, but I've got no problem with bringing the quick bastard back if people want to play it. I still got the set up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 21, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »

Yeah, I'd play.  Don't know about anyone else, but I really liked the first one =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 21, 2010, 12:16:51 pm »

If I knew the first thing (and also all the other things) about running a game, I would take a stab and open one just to get the activity back. As it stands, I'm in alien zombie demons and that's about it.

Maybe you could run the next BM?  After XVII finishes, Toaster's going to be running a game, so it might be good for you to get things going with BMXVIII--or you could try a mountainous, if Eduren doesn't want to get that started.

Sure, if someone wants to give me pointers about how to balance and run things. I literally know nothing about running games. Which is sad, since I've been here for some time.

A mountainous game has no roles, so the only balancing is the town/scum ratio. Which is about 1 scum for every 4 players.

If you decide to run one you can ask me anything you like on running games. I've got it down pretty well at this point.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:39 pm »

Oh man, I forgot how much fun the second one looked! This is a damned good setup (if slightly less bastardy than the original)!

Definitely running this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »

If I knew the first thing (and also all the other things) about running a game, I would take a stab and open one just to get the activity back. As it stands, I'm in alien zombie demons and that's about it.

Maybe you could run the next BM?  After XVII finishes, Toaster's going to be running a game, so it might be good for you to get things going with BMXVIII--or you could try a mountainous, if Eduren doesn't want to get that started.

I see you've already decided I'm a good mod who should run more games!   ;D
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:30 pm »

Sure, if someone wants to give me pointers about how to balance and run things. I literally know nothing about running games. Which is sad, since I've been here for some time.

A mountainous game has no roles, so the only balancing is the town/scum ratio. Which is about 1 scum for every 4 players.

If you decide to run one you can ask me anything you like on running games. I've got it down pretty well at this point.

Does this mean I get to be your apprentice? :D
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 21, 2010, 01:44:23 pm »

Sure :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 21, 2010, 01:51:58 pm »

My life is now complete.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 21, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

I see you've already decided I'm a good mod who should run more games!   ;D

Heh, there's a correlation between meticulous playstyles and good modding.  So yes, I already pretty much know that once you've gotten things figured out, you'll be a good mod =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 21, 2010, 02:37:26 pm »

While I am not meticulous at all, and am thus a TERRIBLE mod ;)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: October 21, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »

While I am not meticulous at all, and am thus a TERRIBLE mod ;)

No, no!  You're a good mod.  I like your games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: October 21, 2010, 02:58:13 pm »

In game, I'm always second-guessing myself.  That's probably a good thing to do as mod.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: October 21, 2010, 03:05:53 pm »

I basically have three options for what I can run next. I can start the regular mountainous that we discussed at some point, the next iteration of PYS (with roles this time), or maybe try for something completely different.

That said, I believe Toony should run another Toon mafia.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: October 21, 2010, 03:09:50 pm »

When is Webadict gonna run that thing he was talking about earlier?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1754 on: October 21, 2010, 05:18:32 pm »

I'd like to put Sorcerer's Apprentice into signups unless anyone has a serious objection.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 443