Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587267 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #2820 on: May 26, 2011, 11:23:53 pm »

What I want to play is KWN:WE.

And I shall keep shouting until I get it.
Bah. I haven't quite finished all the mechanics. And I'm really lazy! If I run that, I'd HAVE to not be running any other games. BYOR'll be done soon, and KotM is... meh, I could probably still run that. It just takes like 30 minutes to set up a Round and a few minutes of daily upkeep. KWN:WE is... a little more upkeep.
I'll probably join KWN if you hold off until July.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: May 26, 2011, 11:30:54 pm »

What I want to play is KWN:WE.

And I shall keep shouting until I get it.
Bah. I haven't quite finished all the mechanics. And I'm really lazy! If I run that, I'd HAVE to not be running any other games. BYOR'll be done soon, and KotM is... meh, I could probably still run that. It just takes like 30 minutes to set up a Round and a few minutes of daily upkeep. KWN:WE is... a little more upkeep.
I'll probably join KWN if you hold off until July.
same here probably.... if I qualify :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: May 27, 2011, 12:52:24 am »

Any interest in another stab at Dethy Deluxe?  If I ran it, I'd take it down a notch from last time.  Standard no-kill N0 start.  11 players, with 2 sets of SPIN cops, 2 scum, and one simple third party (antimiller survivor, SK, lyncher, something like that).  Probably no millers or godfathers.

I'll go for it.

As I recall I'm only in Beginner's Mafia right now and that's not too serious a drain on my time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: May 29, 2011, 09:17:09 am »

Any interest in another stab at Dethy Deluxe?  If I ran it, I'd take it down a notch from last time.  Standard no-kill N0 start.  11 players, with 2 sets of SPIN cops, 2 scum, and one simple third party (antimiller survivor, SK, lyncher, something like that).  Probably no millers or godfathers.
Yeah, I tried to overdo it.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: May 29, 2011, 12:38:22 pm »

Yeah, I tried to overdo it.
I know I certainly didn't assist with merely doing it. But then again, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 01, 2011, 07:44:39 am »

Well, since people want to wait on the KWN:WE, I could try running something short. I dunno, maybe a... 3rd Party Mafia?

This time around would be a lot less predictable:

Town
Mafia
Survivor
Serial Killer
Cult
Jester
Martyr
Lyncher
Assassin
Ally
Brother
Watcher

Special Rules:
Day Start.
PMing IS ALLOWED.
Everyone but the Mafia and Serial Killer can be recruited by the Cult.
The Cult leader DOES NOT receive confirmation about a conversion, nor do they receive any special cultchat. Cult members do receive who is the Cult leader, though.
Everyone cult-aligned dies if the Cult dies. They will NOT reveal their previous alignment.
Both the Lyncher (wins if PLAYER1 is lynched and is still alive) and the Assassin (wins if PLAYER1 is killed and is still alive) are targeted to the Town.
Assuming no one wins because of it: If the Town is killed, the Lyncher becomes Town, and if the Town is lynched, the Assassin becomes Town.
The Watcher is set to 5 Days. (As soon as Day 6 is reached, the Watcher wins, as does any other factions that would win.)
The Ally and Brother are each set to one of the Mafia or the Serial Killer. This means that if the Ally is a Mafia-Ally, then the Brother is aligned with the Serial Killer and vice versa.
The Ally, Brother, Lyncher, and Assassin will not show their targets on death. Merely their role name.
Cult Recruiting happens after kills, so that the Cult can have a missed attempt and have it be unknown.
Serial Killer wins if everyone else is dead. There can be no ties. However, even his Ally or Brother must be dead. This should balance out the Watcher vs. the Mafia vs. the SK.

Things that might changed based on the next game:
When recruiting happens.
Watcher time. (2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 6 is the minimum amount of death you can have after 5 Days, leaving a total of 6 people alive. I guess it means you CAN'T kill the Serial Killer and Mafia off right away, conversely, 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12, so it is possible to have everyone die, even if completely unlikely.)
Brother and Ally's choice of ally.
Having extra abilities.

So... yeah. I'll throw up sign-ups some time later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 01, 2011, 08:14:26 am »

If the townie is culted, does that affect the assassin/lyncher?

Martyr wins if he's NKed, right?

Let's say the game is down to Watcher, SK, and Martyr.  If the Watcher is lynched and the SK kills the Martyr, do they both win despite your "no ties" rule?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:16:03 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 01, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

Any win condition that activates checks all remaining win conditions. So, in that case, the SK and Martyr would win. If it was Night 5, then all 3 would win, since Watcher wins on Day 6, only the SK is alive, and the Martyr was NKed.

There can not be a tie in this game, as there will ALWAYS be a winner. You will be allowed to NL this game, as the Watcher makes any perma-NLing win for him, unless he gets Culted. That's about the only way to break that cycle. And since no one really KNOWS if the Watcher is culted, I'll take the chance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 01, 2011, 11:57:51 am »

Who all can be alive for the Town to win?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 01, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »

Who all can be alive for the Town to win?
It's better to ask who has to be dead.

Dead:
Mafia
SK
Cult
Lyncher

Remaining:
Martyr (Can no longer be killed or culted)
Ally (Can no longer win with teammate or be culted) [SK can still win]
Brother (Can no longer win with teammate or be culted) [SK can still win]
Assassin (Can no longer kill Town or be culted)
Jester
Survivor
Watcher

Technically, the Town doesn't win unless it's down to 2p and neither Cult, SK, or Mafia are alive. Lyncher can be alive, but loses, as he cannot vote for the Town.

So, Town needs to get to 2p. Somehow. And kill the remaining scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 01, 2011, 01:05:52 pm »

Since there's PMing, it seems that it'd be ideal for new cultists to PM the cult leader ASAP to confirm a conversion, thus laying any questions on a successful conversion to rest.  Any thoughts on countering that?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 01, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

Maybe let unsuccessful convertees also be aware of the attempted conversion. This way the confirmation can be balanced out by the fact that a townie knows the cult leader.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 02, 2011, 12:20:15 am »

Well, since people want to wait on the KWN:WE, I could try running something short. I dunno, maybe a... 3rd Party Mafia?
So... yeah. I'll throw up sign-ups some time later.
Can I reserve a spot in there?

Darvi: actually, unsuccessful means that it targeted scum or SK, so they would basically help the town a bit by targeting the cult leader, which makes the job a bit easier for town.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

You know, considering how fast this subforum gets it's greenhorns, I'd wager we'd even be able to fuel a beginner's mafia running parallel to the current one, our one limiting factor may just be because we only have one game going at a time.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 02, 2011, 08:04:11 am »

Hmm... You're right... How would I stop that... If I give them a separate chat, though, then they need a different limiter. I could do cult recruiting BEFORE kills. That would be a nice limiter.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 443