Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587531 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #2970 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:01 pm »

Deep South

I remember the name but nothing else about what this game is supposed to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 06, 2011, 11:29:27 pm »

I think it's that all actions are day actions

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30:02 pm »

I think it's that all actions are day actions
All Night actions are sent during the Day. There are no Nights.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 06, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »

It doesn't seem like that would be that different from a normal game then. Well, that's not true. Not having the lynch to mull over for night actions wold be a significant difference.

Eh, I guess run RL2.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:29 am »

It's got more to do with no nights meaning that right after you lynch someone, it's day again.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:20 am »

Well, I guess the choice is obvious.

Any objections to me going ahead with signups?  We have three running games and two in signups.  Both games in signups are a bit old, but I can start with any number, unlike those two.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:49 am »

Interest check in a "Make Someone Else's Role"

The basic concept is that everyone would make an entire role (Actions, Auto-abilities, Anything). I would make slight revisions or ask for a whole new role if I deem it unfair.

After that, all roles are displayed. You may either pick one of the roles or choose the standard vanilla version of your alignment.

Thoughts?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:12 am »

Um.
I would prefer you make a role and they are randomly tossed about with each person only knowing the role they made AND their own role.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: July 07, 2011, 11:44:47 am »

Now that's interesting.

Could multiple people pick the same role?  Would people know what others picked?  Would you know your alignment and/or teammates before you could pick?  If so, could scum teams discuss selection?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: July 07, 2011, 12:41:17 pm »

Multiple people could pick the same role and you'd know your alignment before you picked. The scum could coordinate role choices too, but your role that you'd make would be made BEFORE you got your alignment. You wouldn't know who had what, as there is no restriction on how many players could have a role. Plus, if you decide that the roles are all terribad, you can choose Vanilla, though this is just a cover for possible third parties.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: July 07, 2011, 03:37:47 pm »

Multiple people could pick the same role and you'd know your alignment before you picked. The scum could coordinate role choices too, but your role that you'd make would be made BEFORE you got your alignment. You wouldn't know who had what, as there is no restriction on how many players could have a role. Plus, if you decide that the roles are all terribad, you can choose Vanilla, though this is just a cover for possible third parties.
It's a fake. He's actually going to just run a Third Party game, plain and simple.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: July 08, 2011, 07:01:08 am »

Tried playing mafia on a site called 'epicmafia', and they managed to boil it down to a guessing game. There is no scum hunting, just depending on the doctor protecting the cop, and the cop pointing out scum, and if a scum player claims cop then the town has a 50% chance to guess right. Sad, sad games. Also, when you win the other side all report you.

Suddenly very grateful for these forums.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: July 08, 2011, 07:06:02 am »

Tried playing mafia on a site called 'epicmafia', and they managed to boil it down to a guessing game. There is no scum hunting, just depending on the doctor protecting the cop, and the cop pointing out scum, and if a scum player claims cop then the town has a 50% chance to guess right. Sad, sad games. Also, when you win the other side all report you.

Suddenly very grateful for these forums.
Reported.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:19 am »

Why the meta-OMGUS Max?
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 443