Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587062 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3435 on: October 06, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

wait... What happened to Webadict?
Back to Mafia with me!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: October 06, 2011, 01:14:09 pm »

wait... What happened to Webadict?

He is gone right now D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:48 pm »

Maybe if I change my sig back he'll return!
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:33 am »

Safety word in mafia
You guys are mad. Mad, I tell you! MAAAD!!!! MUAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ahem.

Seriously, what the fuck. I doubt any of us are underage children who go into depression every time they are called a dick on the forums. If I got mortally offended every time Vector called me an asshole, I'd... uh... be mortally offended pretty often. Yeah, that's about right.

And if Dariush can withstand all the shit he gets thrown at him every single game, the rest of you lot have no excuse whatsoever.

Chumps and chumpette, the lot of you!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:24 am »

If Dariusz threw less shit, Dariusz would get less shit  >:(
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: October 08, 2011, 11:54:18 am »

You're so adorable when you are butthurting. ^_^

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: October 08, 2011, 11:58:50 am »

You're so adorable when you are butthurting. ^_^

No, actually, I'm asking you to cool it a bit.  My ass is fine, but I feel that the way you attack in games is detrimental to the subforum as a whole at this point.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: October 08, 2011, 02:25:54 pm »

Being pitted against eachother in a Mafia game is not an excuse to be abusive.

I've been in games where attacks have gone well past sportsmanlike, and into the realm of personal attacks. Of course, afterward everyone claims they were just getting into the spirit of things... but you can't shake the Devil's hand, and then say you were only kidding.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: October 08, 2011, 02:44:45 pm »

Being pitted against eachother in a Mafia game is not an excuse to be abusive.

I've been in games where attacks have gone well past sportsmanlike, and into the realm of personal attacks. Of course, afterward everyone claims they were just getting into the spirit of things... but you can't shake the Devil's hand, and then say you were only kidding.
Or sign your name in blood on the dotted line, for that matter.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: October 08, 2011, 02:57:35 pm »

I don't know if I've gone over the line, but if I have, I apologize.  I don't mean to be hurtful to the person playing the game.

Everyone should feel free to PM me in the future if you think I'm getting out of hand.  I ask that this service not be abused.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: October 08, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »

I don't know if I've gone over the line, but if I have, I apologize.  I don't mean to be hurtful to the person playing the game.

Everyone should feel free to PM me in the future if you think I'm getting out of hand.  I ask that this service not be abused.

I think this should be standard practice. Someone hurts your feelings in the game (or anywhere, really), talk to them about it.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: October 10, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »

If it's an active game, I'd PM the mod if I had a serious problem like that.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:39 am »

Just had an idea for a mafia game. Spartacus mafia! Because everybody is freaking Spartacus.
So there is a townie role that must survive until end game. If that townie is killed scum win. But all other townies are informed of the identity of that player, so there is no chance that they will be lynched. So while the town are trying to figure out who the scum are, the scum also have to try and read who Spartacus is, meaning that town get all the fun or trying to hide the identity of an ally.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3448 on: October 11, 2011, 03:35:42 am »

Just had an idea for a mafia game. Spartacus mafia! Because everybody is freaking Spartacus.
So there is a townie role that must survive until end game. If that townie is killed scum win. But all other townies are informed of the identity of that player, so there is no chance that they will be lynched. So while the town are trying to figure out who the scum are, the scum also have to try and read who Spartacus is, meaning that town get all the fun or trying to hide the identity of an ally.
Sounds familiar...

Damn, what's it called? Assassin or something. It's on Xylbot anyway. If I'm remembering this all correctly, townies get a vengekill when they get lynched (to try to shoot mafia, obviously), and the mafia get a NK as normal. When the King dies, Town loses. It's usually a fast format.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:05 am »

What happens if a townie vengekills a townie?
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 443