Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585304 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #3450 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:56 am »

What happens if a townie vengekills a townie?
Game goes on as normal, but you're out 2 townies (3 including NK). IIRC the townie to mafia ratio is usually higher than normal games.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: October 11, 2011, 05:46:38 am »

Just had an idea for a mafia game. Spartacus mafia! Because everybody is freaking Spartacus.
So there is a townie role that must survive until end game. If that townie is killed scum win. But all other townies are informed of the identity of that player, so there is no chance that they will be lynched. So while the town are trying to figure out who the scum are, the scum also have to try and read who Spartacus is, meaning that town get all the fun or trying to hide the identity of an ally.
Sounds interesting, but probably too random to be a good gametype. All it takes is one lucky NK and the game ends instantly with no chance of recovery or prevention.

A setup that includes a doctor or two might be feasible, though. Or maybe just make it smaller, or something.

Also, you might get some issues when, say, scum votes the Spartacus, but I would think that'd mostly be counteracted by WIFOM, since anything Town does to openly acknowledge the Spartacus clues in scum as well. Having a scummy Spartacus that everyone refuses to lynch regardless would probably be a bigger issue, but that sort of thing probably comes up often enough in regular games that it wouldn't really be a problem.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: October 11, 2011, 06:06:30 am »

See having Spartacus play poorly and having nobody vote for them would be bad for the town, but good for the scum, so I guess if the town want to win then they are just going to have to play well and either attack Spartacus to a level where the scum back off, or just have Spartacus not be scummy.

Anyway, I was thinking throw in a confirmed doc and cop. The cop can't do that thing where he claims on d1 and the doc always protects him and everybody no lynches until the cop reads scum, because then the doc isn't protecting Spartacus, and the town is risking instagib.
Then if the cop does claim, it is WIFOM ahoy for who to NK, because he could be protecting Spartacus or the cop.

So all in all would be interesting.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: October 11, 2011, 06:37:46 am »

Is quick topic down for everybody?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: October 11, 2011, 07:01:07 am »

Just had an idea for a mafia game. Spartacus mafia! Because everybody is freaking Spartacus.
So there is a townie role that must survive until end game. If that townie is killed scum win. But all other townies are informed of the identity of that player, so there is no chance that they will be lynched. So while the town are trying to figure out who the scum are, the scum also have to try and read who Spartacus is, meaning that town get all the fun or trying to hide the identity of an ally.
Sounds familiar...

Damn, what's it called? Assassin or something. It's on Xylbot anyway. If I'm remembering this all correctly, townies get a vengekill when they get lynched (to try to shoot mafia, obviously), and the mafia get a NK as normal. When the King dies, Town loses. It's usually a fast format.

Nah. One of the players is the king, one is the assassin, who gets a suicidebomb, which ca be used before or after death. The rest are guards. They lynch and lynch until they hit the assassin. I've always hated it.

And webadict got lynched as a king somewhen.

But yeah.

Also,
Is quick topic down for everybody?

Nope.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:03:45 am by Ottofar »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: October 11, 2011, 07:09:52 am »

Dammit, why right now, internet? Whhhyyyyyyy?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: October 11, 2011, 01:55:47 pm »

I think that is basically assassin except the assassin gets a nightkill rather than a suicidebomb (which would mean a mass simultaneous kingclaim could wipe out scum if there's only one of them left).    It is pretty random since the town wants as little information as possible to get out (so rather than long discussions you want near random looking voting resulting in a lynch).

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: October 11, 2011, 05:07:22 pm »

In Assassin the assassin can suicidebomb at night, but nobody ever does since it's strictly better to just wait for the next lynch since you get a chance to suicidebomb on lynch if you're an assassin. Note that the guards do not get suicicebombs, although that might make the setup better if they do.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: October 11, 2011, 06:11:31 pm »

I dunno, if the guards got suicidebombs I'm pretty sure the optimal strategy would be for everyone to immediately randomly suicidebomb anyone except the king.  I mean it'd give the assassins less information than lynching.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #3459 on: October 11, 2011, 06:55:18 pm »

Maybe the guards could get a vengekill on lynch?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: October 13, 2011, 02:57:16 am »

The whole setup was stupid anyways since optimal play is to not talk, which is really freaking boring on a forum mafia game where things are slooooooooow.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20:48 pm »

I am back briefly (though I suppose I never left) to host one game of your choice.

Though my original intentions were to host a second round of Witches' Coven (now polished and refreshed for your benefit) in anticipation for Halloween, the want for a do-over may not be high so soon after the first, so I've decided to bow to popular demand instead.

I can host Witches Coven II, Vainglorious Bastards (in short, a game about royalty where betrayal is encouraged), or a Mountainous/Near-Mountainous game.

Thoughts?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:19 pm »

Second one. Though anything done by you would be awesome. :)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:03 pm »

Second one. Though anything done by you would be awesome. :)
*nods*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: October 15, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »

Either witches or bastards would be awesome.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 443