Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587529 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4500 on: July 01, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »

Oh ##(), two posts and already reminded of THAT one.  *sigh* I still wish I got to finish it.  I don't even have the notes.  Don't even want to see the final posts on that game.  It's like knowing the only reason why someone burned your house down is because you were too lazy to lock the door.  I really feel bad about leaving you guys hanging like that without at least a replacement mod.

(well also feel bad about how it went.  The whole thing is a broken mess)

In any case, missed you guys.

Vector: this is the first time since 2009 that I've been able to really sit down and let myself settle in.  It hasn't been a bad few years, but it's been...messy.  It honestly still is.  I KNOW I don't have any means to play a game.  I'm not sure I'll be able to host anything (though I very much would love to). 

My mind itches though. 

Meph: wonderful!  I have just about the whole of it mentally designed (it doesn't have too many moving parts).  I'll write it down and send it over.

There's also a few other items in my head, mostly fixed versions of older games, but blah I don't even know how the current status of the forums are.. other than that there's far fewer games running.  Not sure if it's a lack of hosts/ideas or a smaller player base.  Rather not jump in and flood everyone with goofball ideas.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »

Well... Nice to meet you Dakarian.  I'm the new kid on the block.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: July 01, 2013, 09:47:47 pm »

Oh and...hi.. been a little while.

Holy crap.

We thought you were dead. At the very least, we were making jokes about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:50 pm »

dakarian :)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: July 01, 2013, 09:51:35 pm »

Good to see you, griffin, and glad you found your way here. 

Don't be dazzled by the others, though.  For someone who 'wrote the book' on hunting, I tended to fail at it a great deal more than most.  They also seem to have hidden the mass of games I made that fell into ruins. 

Still, I'll be happy to help if you need anything. 

Jim: I'll be sure to search through the archives for them.  They sound like a hoot.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: July 01, 2013, 09:57:22 pm »

Da-d-ddakarian O_o

Hi!  :D

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 01, 2013, 10:02:49 pm »

Well playing or no the increased/returned interest into this sub-forum will really help it keep going. Hope you enjoy what you see. Welcome back kiddo. There's tea and punch in the corner. Probably... Maybe...
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: July 01, 2013, 10:04:13 pm »

Yeah, a lot of why we don't have so many players is that those who were playing got old enough that they now had to contend with things like jobs (me) and midterms (Pandar), and we haven't had that much new blood that stays around... plus the absence of new mods.  I can barely handle 1 game nowadays, let alone 8, hoho.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: July 02, 2013, 03:32:10 am »

Wow, it's like the clock has been dialled back three years. Bellsounder was an amazing game; alas, I joined too late to be a part of any of your games, but I did at least keep them as examples.

Yeah, a lot of why we don't have so many players is that those who were playing got old enough that they now had to contend with things like jobs (me) and midterms (Pandar), and we haven't had that much new blood that stays around... plus the absence of new mods.  I can barely handle 1 game nowadays, let alone 8, hoho.

Partly also why the ICs are no longer working as well as they did before.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 02, 2013, 07:22:23 am »

Admittedly, our games have gotten a bit too fucking serious-mode.  Even thematically.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:33 am »

Yeah. I've been pondering an enforced 'nice' game, just to try and dial back the vitriol a bit on the subforum.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: July 02, 2013, 11:08:09 am »

Yeah. I've been pondering an enforced 'nice' game, just to try and dial back the vitriol a bit on the subforum.
So lynches become hugs while NKs become... also hugs, and saying 'fuck' gets you modhugged?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: July 02, 2013, 11:10:10 am »

So lynches become hugs while NKs become... also hugs, and saying 'fuck' gets you modhugged?

Hehe. Not quite to that level. But things like personal attacks and whatnot would be prohibited. You can attack people, you can call them scum, but none of the personal attacks and horrible behavior that Great Temple devolved into.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 02, 2013, 12:40:38 pm »

I could always host another pun-themed game if I could get the inspiration, though Mafia Salad was probably the crowning moment of my punnity here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: July 02, 2013, 12:51:44 pm »

I could always host another pun-themed game if I could get the inspiration, though Mafia Salad was probably the crowning moment of my punnity here.
Oh hey, that was my first game on this forum.

I don't see the point of making a game purely for the sake of flavor. If it's a vanilla mafia with a separate novelette describing each role, lynch and NK, then however well this novelette may be written, it's still a vanilla mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 443