Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587140 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4545 on: July 04, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »

IN

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: July 04, 2013, 04:32:52 pm »

ETA: I might run a vanilla game with a lot of flavor in a bit, when my job cools down/finishes.  It'll be using the new Beginner's Mafia setup.
IN.

Because pre-ins are the norm, right?  :P

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 05, 2013, 03:16:39 am »

I want to play something fun, out there, and possibly also poorly balanced.  Just... experimental.

I think we've gotten too technical and finessed here, more about mechanics than about having fun.  Let's shake it up.
Yes. ^10.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: July 05, 2013, 04:15:31 am »

Stupidcrazy rolls without worrying over balance?

Please, that's the easy part. 

---

A game where you pick a TV trope and a power is created based on that trope.

A game where Name, Role, and alignment swap each Dawn (and not all to the same place.  I'm a Mafia Roleblocker named Brunhild. At Dawn Litia is now named Brunhild, Vector is now a Roleblocker, and Dariush is the Mafia.  The items swap randomly)

A fixed version of Parallel Mafia

Or just grab some of the ideas of THAT game as separate game types.  A mafia game involving Portal guns?  A game where everyone has their own win condition that involves someone else's loss (if you're thinking "People will just team up to win?" YESSSS they will ;D ).  Boadmurdered mafia?

Seriously, the trick to making sure a Crazy bastard game isn't dull is to keep the rules that the player needs to figure out/learn small (YOUR mechanics can be insane.. but most should be stuff they don't have to figure out to win/enjoy) and make sure everyone is of similar power level (if one person is overpowered, EVERYONE should be).

Also what happened to KotM?  I see it went through 3 iterations so I guess it wasn't as much a Fail as I thought it was.

#*)$# I want to run one of these.  *sigh*  If there's ever room on the board and one of my current or future ideas has enough support, I'll run it.  ON THE CONDITION that I have a co-mod.  I've gone from an ex-student in between jobs to a father of 2 back in college and a possible job on the way.  I'd feel much better if I knew my games were still running smoothly even though I was too busy to oversee it (i.e. spending 4 hours of the night feeding a child.  Seriously how did we survive as a species if our newborns spend 4 HOURS to eat one meal!?)

I'm also more than willing to hash out ideas for others to run as well.  I can fix up some of the old stuff, come up with something new, or just look over someone else's idea.  I liked playing and loved modding, but I lived for game creation.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:22:45 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: July 05, 2013, 04:31:59 am »

A game where you pick a TV trope and a power is created based on that trope.
BYOTVT. This is what the world the internet this subforum this thread this post was created for. Someone do this. NOW.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: July 05, 2013, 07:06:03 am »

I actually ran that once before, although since it was in a mod forum I don't think I can find it now.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 05, 2013, 07:11:04 am »

Pandar did one, too.  Looks like it never finished.

I'd be happy to run one after BMXLII is done, provided I can get a co-mod, or at least an advisor with a bit more experience to help me keep it from getting horrendously unbalanced.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:20:21 am by Okami No Rei »
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:29 am »

PM Wubba.

And yeah, I'll happily play through that again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 05, 2013, 06:12:48 pm »

PM Wubba.

And yeah, I'll happily play through that again.
That would only work if I ever frequented the board.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: July 05, 2013, 06:15:45 pm »

Well here you are :P
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: July 05, 2013, 06:17:09 pm »

Well here you are :P
What, where?

Also, when did this dakarian fellow revive? I thought he was dead.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 05, 2013, 11:07:39 pm »

I heard you slipped out, so I planned on coming in to take over the place.

Then you would be forced to fight my endless legion of gangs and thugs while taking naked sauna baths and learning the art of the Acro Circus only to meet me in my fortress forged from the ruins of the BM Elephant where you, me, and your kidnapped girlfriend all play a deadly game of Townie/Mafia/SS to see who is the King of the Mafia

Once
And
For
All!

I KNEW IT!

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: July 06, 2013, 12:14:38 am »

to see who is the King of the Mafia

That would be ToonyMan, at the moment.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: July 06, 2013, 01:10:34 am »

I heard you slipped out, so I planned on coming in to take over the place.

Then you would be forced to fight my endless legion of gangs and thugs while taking naked sauna baths and learning the art of the Acro Circus only to meet me in my fortress forged from the ruins of the BM Elephant where you, me, and your kidnapped girlfriend all play a deadly game of Townie/Mafia/SS to see who is the King of the Mafia

Once
And
For
All!
Oh goodness. I don't think my girlfriend would be any good at mafia... Whether that's good or bad, I'm unsure of.

Also, do these naked sauna baths coincide with the fighting, or am I dressed while fighting? Because naked fighting is my least favorite kind of fighting. I mean, if the combatants are also naked, it's slightly less bad, but then it starts to slip into some weird sexual nonsense, and that's just awkward for everyone.

But accidental fondling aside, you can't just show up after all this time and try to take over. That's just rude.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 06, 2013, 03:21:16 am »

Aww, I can't?  But I had a ransom note set up and everything!  Besides, there's never a reason NOT to use River City Ransom to solve any situation.

And I don't think you need to be naked when you fight, though if you want to..WAIT, toonyman's the current king?

Ok that didn't work as planned.  Bah, what am I going to do with all these thugs?

Now, to get back on topic!

Okami, I'd be happy to assist along with Web (if he's both up for it and not looking to join in).  The nice thing about such games is that they don't have to be so much Balanced as they need to just not be utterly broken.  So long as one role doesn't completely take over the game it tends to work out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:25:17 am by dakarian »
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 443