Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585273 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4575 on: August 04, 2013, 04:31:10 pm »

Same here.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: August 04, 2013, 05:53:47 pm »

How short? Would it definitely be over in a week?

There is a maximum of two in-game days. It depends on how much the players extend, but you can set limits on that.

Anyways, it's so low-maintenance the players can basically mod it by themselves once the roles are out.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 04, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

Wuba, are you already accepting roles? I'd rather send one before I change my mind and regret it later.
Sure. I think there's enough support.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 05, 2013, 02:28:30 pm »

Days tend to be short due to quickhammers to (you should play with hammers)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 05, 2013, 04:39:24 pm »

Yeah, I think I'll wait until I get back, which'll be in a few weeks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: August 13, 2013, 12:32:31 pm »

I'm expecting to really phase into modding over playing soon--turns out that I seem to enjoy one more than the other right now, and the forum needs more dedicated modders.

So.  Are there any themed games that someone would like to see?  I could run a small Hatoful Boyfriend-themed thing in a bit, but I wanted to take requests now because it takes me so long to get a feel for the sort of thing I want to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: August 13, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »

I'm expecting to really phase into modding over playing soon--turns out that I seem to enjoy one more than the other right now, and the forum needs more dedicated modders.

So.  Are there any themed games that someone would like to see?  I could run a small Hatoful Boyfriend-themed thing in a bit, but I wanted to take requests now because it takes me so long to get a feel for the sort of thing I want to do.
The cycle continues...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: August 13, 2013, 02:07:06 pm »

The cycle continues...

It'll come full-circle once we all retire in 50-60 years and have time to play Mafia again.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: August 13, 2013, 02:08:57 pm »

The cycle continues...

It'll come full-circle once we all retire in 50-60 years and have time to play Mafia again.
Bah... By that point we'll need to rename Godfather to Grandfather.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 13, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »

It's not that I lack time in the least, mostly that I have more creativity than aggression in me at the moment.  Playing has sort of lost its luster for me, I guess.  I feel like the subforum is taking a lot fewer risks in general with its modding, so I'm here to provide crazy, experimental games.  The sort of behavioral sleuthing we do here can get a little dull after four years of it, especially if there's few mechanical puzzles to go along with it.

. . . I have ideas for something Pacific Rim-based, as well.  By the way.  Because I'm pretty obsessed with that at the moment.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: August 13, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »

It's not that I lack time in the least, mostly that I have more creativity than aggression in me at the moment.  Playing has sort of lost its luster for me, I guess.  I feel like the subforum is taking a lot fewer risks in general with its modding, so I'm here to provide crazy, experimental games.  The sort of behavioral sleuthing we do here can get a little dull after four years of it, especially if there's few mechanical puzzles to go along with it.

. . . I have ideas for something Pacific Rim-based, as well.  By the way.  Because I'm pretty obsessed with that at the moment.
Wanna be mod-buddies some time?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 13, 2013, 02:53:30 pm »

Sure, let's do :D

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: August 17, 2013, 09:08:37 am »

Haha, I think a lack of aggression is my problem with mafia, but all the time. I come across as too soft, I think.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: August 17, 2013, 09:14:40 am »

Haha, I think a lack of aggression is my problem with mafia, but all the time. I come across as too soft, I think.

The fact that you added "I think" at the end throws you into the same boat as me. I have long standing issues with contradicting my own statements with those two evil words.

I'm working on trying to get rid of them out of my vocabulary. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: August 17, 2013, 09:22:41 am »

The fact that you added "I think" at the end throws you into the same boat as me. I have long standing issues with contradicting my own statements with those two evil words.

I'm working on trying to get rid of them out of my vocabulary. ;.;

I have a bit of trouble evaluating and appraising myself, and usually don't cross that line and instead just let other people determine their own opinions of me. It's a downfall of mine that I can't sell my strengths or speak highly of myself, or anything of that nature. Saying that I think I am too soft is just a combination of the above and a mark of not really being sure if I am or not (because I rarely get angry and I never get assertive when it happens). I'd break down and cry first.
I'm glad mafia is online and not in person. lol
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:27:57 am by Flandre »
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 443