Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587486 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List [Vote for games now!]
« Reply #5910 on: January 12, 2021, 09:58:14 pm »

Well I've been hitting my limits. Let's see if I can do better this time. I want to make a game that everyone will remember in a good way.

Meph: I'm putting Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 into signups.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:01:35 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: January 12, 2021, 10:16:37 pm »

Well I've been hitting my limits. Let's see if I can do better this time. I want to make a game that everyone will remember in a good way.
Hmm... That's definitely tricky. I think for the most part you should aim for a game that you're happy with. I'm not saying to forsake the other players, but sometimes a game is memorable for reasons outside your control. That's just how it is when you moderate.

I wish I could help you out further than that!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:02 pm »

Heh. We'll see how it goes. You're definitely right.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: January 13, 2021, 10:04:43 am »

Remembers the pinksmoke catbomb.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:19 pm »

There's room for all sorts of game.

I, on a whim, went back and looked at my host history; I have hosted fifteen games, running the gamut from Beginner Mafia to Bring Your Own Role Picture and Roguelike Mafia.

Spoiler: Data, for completion (click to show/hide)

In looking at it, I seem to be the guy who likes to host a variety of gametypes to see what sticks.  Roguelike, in particular, tends to have experimental alignment setups and frequently has not had a traditional mafia team.

I do have a game I never did get to run (Bad Dudes Mafia) that is a setup I designed that requires 13 players.  I'd love to run it, but I'm not 100% convinced I could get 13; that's what happened last time.  Anyway, I'd totally be down to host a game once my turn rolled around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: January 13, 2021, 10:00:08 pm »

I do have a game I never did get to run (Bad Dudes Mafia) that is a setup I designed that requires 13 players.  I'd love to run it, but I'm not 100% convinced I could get 13; that's what happened last time.  Anyway, I'd totally be down to host a game once my turn rolled around.

Whoo!

I'm definitely not up to playing more than one game right now, and probably need some time between most games, but it's exciting to see stuff happening around here. ~mafia~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: January 13, 2021, 10:03:08 pm »

Agreed.  Long gone are the days I can be in four games at once; boy howdy that was a mistake.  Running games almost appeals to me more than playing in them right now, but I'll give Fallacy's mostly Vanilla game a whirl.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: January 14, 2021, 11:58:30 am »

Yeah, I honestly would love to co-host a game instead of straight-up run one. I think I come up with some okay ideas and absolutely ridiculous balancing, but I am just terrible at upkeep. My hope is that Mamobo can run games and also keep track of all abilities so that moderators don't have to, and if they have ideas, they can be implemented in it.

If it ever gets to a point where it can run a 3p game, we're in the money!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:10 pm »

Yeah, I honestly would love to co-host a game instead of straight-up run one. I think I come up with some okay ideas and absolutely ridiculous balancing, but I am just terrible at upkeep. My hope is that Mamobo can run games and also keep track of all abilities so that moderators don't have to, and if they have ideas, they can be implemented in it.

Have you tried migrating to Mafia Universe?  Their forum software would handle all of the hard stuff for you and you'd just have to build setups and get them approved.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: January 14, 2021, 12:50:05 pm »

Have you tried migrating to Mafia Universe?  Their forum software would handle all of the hard stuff for you and you'd just have to build setups and get them approved.
Eh... Maybe. It's really a two-parter where I make setups and learn Python at the same time. How do they make setups?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: January 14, 2021, 12:57:22 pm »

Eh... Maybe. It's really a two-parter where I make setups and learn Python at the same time. How do they make setups?
I'll be honest, I don't run games over there so I'm not really sure, but the automod is pretty robust.  It wouldn't be able to handle anything like a BYOR (then again, what would be able to handle BYOR 15) but any standard-style setup it can pretty much run on its own without outside input.  It's also useable for nonstandard setups where it can run votecounts on demand for you and stuff.  It's actually robust enough that in simple enough setups it can run the entire game to the point where the person who set up the game can also play in it

Unfortunately, it's integrated into their forum software so we can't just use it over here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:59:05 pm by 4maskwolf »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: January 17, 2021, 09:33:03 am »

So no mafia until mostly vanilla? Its gonna start in a week right? 3p maybe?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: January 17, 2021, 11:48:29 am »

Put CYOM Redux onto the wait list. I plan to run it in February or March.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: January 17, 2021, 12:29:45 pm »

I meant if anyone was interested in running a low player mafia like vengeful, as there is still some time before mostly vanilla starts. If not then if I ran one(probably 3p), will anybody interested in playing?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #5924 on: January 17, 2021, 12:32:07 pm »

I meant if anyone was interested in running a low player mafia like vengeful, as there is still some time before mostly vanilla starts. If not then if I ran one(probably 3p), will anybody interested in playing?

sure, but you better make me mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 443