Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587387 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #6540 on: August 07, 2023, 01:20:07 pm »

The weekend ended up being busier than I expected, but sign-ups are now open for Supernatural 11!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 08, 2023, 10:55:24 pm »

Quick!
Everyone from my game sign up for Supernatural instead!

EDIT: WOW. Posted that before realizing it went from Zero to Almost Full in a day.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: September 09, 2023, 05:09:17 pm »

Given that the nature of the subforum and community has changed, I put together a few ideas for how to revise the current queue system earlier.

A lot of times, the people that had the energy and interest in their game concept when they put it on the queue, turned out to just not be able to (or not want to) use their spot when it comes up. It may be better to just not have a queue, and when a game ends or is close to ending, mods can do an interest check for whatever they want to run.

To keep the subforum from getting stagnant and encourage a wider variety of mods, mods that have run a game recently should defer to both newer mods who want to try out modding, and mods that haven't run a game recently.

We've had some really complex and high-investment (from both the players and mods) games run here. Infamous games of myth and legend. These games are fantastic, but also very draining to run and play. So it's probably a good idea to run lower-complexity/difficulty/size games after games on the higher side of complexity/difficulty/size finish. This has the additional benefit of making sure there's frequently opportunities to join games that are friendlier for newer players.

Finally, this has been effectively the case for a while, but the number of games running at a given time can be kept between one and two to avoid metaphorically 'flooding the market'.

Also, Armed Forces Mafia isn't in signups currently. Rather, it's active.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: September 09, 2023, 07:07:55 pm »

Yeah, I'm good with whatever for the most part. As long as things are running pretty smoothly I'm not too concerned with how we make it run.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: September 14, 2023, 10:57:51 am »

Max Jack Knightwing is now in Sign-Ups. Beware of TricMagic.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: October 02, 2023, 06:53:30 pm »

Toaster's confirmed that he isn't available to help run / design BYORoguelike, so that game should be moved to the planned list.

I'll still take the slot, though.

In terms of ideas I have...

FBYOR 6: Each player submits their own role name, which I then extrapolate into a full role. I've done this 5 times before, and maybe this time I'll manage to maim my complexity addiction and get it to work for me instead of breaking the game. Ideally, 13+ players, but anything 9 and over would be workable.

Mostly Vanilla Mafia 4: A neat little game where the roles are 'mostly vanilla', that is, they tend to be vanilla or directly modified vanilla, with scarce exceptions. The power level is relatively low. 9+ players needed.

Jade Court 2: A sequel to the diplomatic mafia game Jade Court, in which players vote to nominate those among them, and after three rounds of nomination, vote from the nominees to elect an Emperor. The Emperor's team then wins. Not everyone will get a power role, but the game will receive balance improvements from the previous iteration. Also, Sects. 10+ players needed.

Something else? I dunno, if anyone has ideas for something they'd like to see, I'm listening.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: October 02, 2023, 09:15:31 pm »

Maybe you should do a game that can be run with 7 people... :P

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: October 03, 2023, 03:36:37 am »

I’d be up for MVM or jade court.

Or even a limited numbers B-Y-O-MVMR, if that’s a thing you’d be interested in running and thought you could get a handle on the complexity creep. I’d love to see someone run one of those.
One wheel short of a wagon

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: October 03, 2023, 08:41:51 am »

Always up for BYOR style games. Even if they're infested with hats.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: October 03, 2023, 11:39:23 am »

Or even a limited numbers B-Y-O-MVMR, if that’s a thing you’d be interested in running and thought you could get a handle on the complexity creep. I’d love to see someone run one of those.
That sounds like a really good idea to me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: October 03, 2023, 07:41:05 pm »

That sounds like a really good idea to me.
Okay, but what does that even mean

I’d be up for MVM or jade court.
I've definitely had some good new Jade Court ideas.

Ideally I'd like to start signups tonight or tomorrow, and close them Sunday or Monday.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: October 05, 2023, 09:22:27 pm »

Jade Court 2 has entered signups.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: October 11, 2023, 10:05:16 pm »

Jade Court 2 is cancelled due to insufficient interest. I'd run a BYOR, but I'd want 13 players for a decent one, and I can't imagine getting that.

Who's up next?
Generic Arms Race.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: October 11, 2023, 10:16:09 pm »

Well, Tric again, I guess.
Failing that, I'm sick right now, so I'd need at least a week, but I guess with all the setup involved for mine that's not a problem anyway. After me, I know NQT is currently working on a deadline, nobody's seen webadict for months... so I guess ToonyMan?

I really think you should wait a little longer to see if anyone trickles in, though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: October 11, 2023, 10:19:33 pm »

I really think you should wait a little longer to see if anyone trickles in, though.
It would take three more players, and I don't think I'm getting those, either.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 443