Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585323 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2009, 09:12:26 pm »

You mean, need a kill-immune townie for them to fakeclaim.

Exactly.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2009, 10:27:50 pm »

Okay, first I need some help with Aztec Mafia, to make sure the roles are fleshed out.

Aztec Tribesman/woman
You are part of the great Aztec Civilization. However, you realize that this civilization is starting to crumble! Help bring about the underminers of this great civilization.
Victory
Aztec Win
Active Powers
None
Passive Powers
None

Aztec Taxer
You are an Aztec Taxer. You are an obnoxious, selfish person, who takes money from everyone. While you are getting taxes, you can tell what they are.
Active Power
Tax!-You walk to a player's hut every night, and are able to tell if they are a Commoner, Noble, or Spaniard by how much they give you.
Passive Powers
Hated-You are hated by most of everyone! It takes one less vote to lynch you.
As I said earlier: he'll be a liability in lylo.  I love the Hated aspect to the cop, though, so I say just have the 'Hated' not work under Lylo conditions. 

Aztec Priest
You are a beloved leader of the Aztec religion. You must prevent the fall of the civilization and keep the Azetcs within your faith!
ALL have
Victory
Aztec Win

-Ritual Priest
Active Powers
Mass Sacrificial Ritual-...And the best way to keep their faith together is sacrifices! LOTS OF THEM.  You may sacrifice up to two players, however, you MUST sacrifice at least one a day. Each sacrifice pleases a god, and they will do something spectacular in return.
Passive Powers
Noble-To a Taxer, you will appear as a Noble
Same as said last time.  Curious as to what the 'something spectacular' would be, especially on a 2-person kill but otherwise, I love this one.

-Death Priest

Active Powers
Sacrifice-You may sacrifice a player. This sacrifice will have a different  effect, instead of a normal Sacrifice Power.

Passive Powers
Commune with the Dead-You get to chat with the dead.
Noble

Vig+medium = powerful.  Perhaps make it so that he has to kill to get access to that chat for one day and make it just one of the effects (that is, killing someone MAY give you a one-day medium power but it may give you something else)

Aztec High Priest
You are the High Priest, highest in the gods' favor.
Victory
Aztec Win
Active Powers
Honored Sacrifice-This sacrifice will have some sort of extra benefit, like effecting multiple players. Beware, because if you do not sacrifice, the consequences may effect multiple people.
Passive Powers
Noble
Quick thought if you aren't sure what the 'benefit' is: he has to sacrifice to allow any of the other power roles their abilities.  Basically a 'kill to enable' role.  His not killing anyone means none of the other powerroles will work.

So as to not make his death too Fail for town, if he dies, his 'work while alive' means all of the power roles work normally without him.

Though that does make him a negative role: so long as he lives he's an enabler, but if he dies, the roles can't be penalized.

Aztec Artifact Bearer
This Aztec holds a sacred relic of the Aztec religion. Dont let the greedy Spaniards take it!
Victory
Aztec Win
Artifact Keeper
Active Powers
None
Passive Powers
None

His Artifact has a special ability.

Aztec Celebrator
You are a Festival Celebrator! You dance and stuff.
Victory
Aztec Win
Active Powers
Dance!-You dance. It roleblocks someone.
Passive Power
None
ahh there's the roleblocker.  I had said before that perhaps the roleblocker hitting a priest will cause them to suffer to penalty of not killing.  Now I'm thinking that's TOO harsh.  Instead, if the priest if roleblocked then they gain nothing but lose nothing.  For the High priest, just 'trying' is enough to avoid the penalty.

Spaniard
You are one of the Spaniards, come to get the Aztec's gold.
Victory
Spaniard Win
Active Power
None
Passive Power
None

Traitor Aztec
You betray the Aztecs to join the winning team.
Victory Condition
Spaniard Win
Active Power
None
Passive Power
Aztec-You will look like a Commoner on inspection.

Hernando Cortes
You are leader of the Spaniards.
Victory
Spaniard Win
Active Powers
None
Passive Powers
Noble-You will look like a Noble on inspect.
Steel Armor-You are immune to night kills.

The issue everyone else has is that steel armor.  I don't believe simply having a killable townie will do since the town will just try to kill him anyway.  He needs a cover.

Make him Reflexive: not just immune to night kills but he'll kill anyone that tries to kill him.  That way the person is dead and, thus, can't tell anyone what happened.

Yes, that means the Death Priest's medium powers can catch him, but by making medium status a 'chance' effect it helps to soften the power.  Besides, with all of the deaths going on, the town needs all the help that it can get.

Overall, I like it.  It's VERY kill happy so it'll need a large number of people depending on how many priests you plan on having around (Note if you have one of each and the Spaniards, that's 4-5 nightkills!  Include the lynch and that's 5-6 dead on the first night.) 

Just did the numbers.. first off, a typical game means the town can mislynch 2 times then end up in lylo.  Since all of the priests will be killing at least 1 person and the spaniards get their NK you need to assume the worst case: that ALL kills fall on townies and no one stops them.

GIVEN THAT:  To find the recommended number of players, you start of with 5 nonkillers (Townies, RBers, ext...anything that doesn't kill).  For every Priest or Spaniard you add, put 2 more to the total number of players: that's your max.  Your minimum is 2 people per Spaniard and 1 per Priest.

So 2 Spans and 2 Priests would mean 11-13 players.  One of each PR would mean 14-17.

14 players would mean that, if everyone only kills townies, it'll be a 2 day game while if all of the priests die in one sitting it'll be a 3 day game.  17 players means a guaranteed 3 day game with a worst case of 8 days if all of the priests die early, you kill townies till lylo, then Spaniards afterwords.

We'll still need to figure out what to do for those 'blessings' that'll be nice but not overpowering but otherwise, I like it and I'd join it.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2009, 11:18:24 pm »

First, isn't this threshold, not gametypes?

Second, and completely ignoring first, how about no dead chat and the death priest communicates with one person each night? Night only and only one player at a time would balance it a little more.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2009, 11:40:14 pm »

That may work.  With all of the nightkills, it won't be that easy to find the one that'll have information you'll want.

I KNEW IT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2009, 11:52:13 pm »

Not my idea. I forget who I stole it from.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2009, 11:56:36 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2009, 02:59:44 pm »

As for HR... I've pretty much got the setup worked out, with balancing advice taken from Webadict.  Still got a few specific abilities to work on, though.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2009, 11:22:32 am »

So I guess now we have 8 games running, with Chosen Mafia approaching its end and NSBM in mylo.  Paranormal is ready to start, with One Lynch and Bastard(perhaps) able to go if the hosts remember them.  Aztec, BYOR:JoDnoT, and Horrible Role are pretty much ready for the Que. 

Active Games:

* Don't Out Guess the Mod Mafia 2
    * Bring Your Own Role Mafia -  Pandarsenic Edition
    * Not So Beginner's Mafia 2
    * MSPA Mafia
    * Chosen Mafia
    * LCS Mafia
    * BYOR Mafia 2
    * Wizard Duel 3
    * Bastard(perhaps) Mod (signups-full)
    * One Lynch Mafia (signups-full)
    * Paranormal 12 (signups-full)

Games in Que:
    * BYOR Mafia: Just a Dot, Not a Lot
    * Zai's Mafia
    * Archangel's Werewolf

Games in Development:
    * Aztec Mafia
    * Horrible Role Mafia
    * Supernatural Mafia
    * Lights Out Mafia
    * King of the Mafia

I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2009, 12:51:05 pm »

Ok, list has been updated. (Thanks, Dak!)

Mods, please remember to post in this thread with the status of your games as they move through the three phases.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2009, 12:57:26 pm »

Now the big question: when a slot opens up, what determines which Qued game goes up first?  I'm hesitant to say it's purely First Come.
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2009, 01:06:10 pm »

Got any better ideas, though?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2009, 01:20:18 pm »

We have a vote and let the public decide?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2009, 01:33:41 pm »

Well a hybrid of First come and what Exkirby said. A poll that allows for multiple votes (enough so that they can vote for all of the games at once).  All of the games in Que are put on the poll and everyone votes for any game they are interested in.  Along with this, all qued games need to list the number of players they want to have (i.e. I'm looking at 13 in mine).

The poll runs until an Active slot opens.  At that point any game who's votes match or exceed the # of required players is allowed in.  If there's more eligible games than slots then it's First Come.

Result: The poll will not only help put a priority on games that the players are interested in, but the poll serves as a sort of 'pre-signin' without a mass of sign-in threads or forcing the players to commit to the game.  Almost like a FoS before a vote.

I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2009, 04:36:21 pm »

Aztec Mafia is now in its Dropped Stage, as I have no time.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2009, 04:38:32 pm »

* One Lynch Mafia (signups-full)

Signups aren't full yet. I want nine people.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 443