Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 587075 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #270 on: January 08, 2010, 12:36:15 pm »

Bah, sorry: Alexhans' Kodak Mafia needs to be added to the queue.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 08, 2010, 12:37:42 pm »

To deal with games where the scum can get any role: I run it twice: once for the roles themselves and once for who becomes mafia.
You might want to tweak such setups, actually.  I mean, imagine a game where the scum has two Triple Voters :P.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 08, 2010, 12:53:47 pm »

To deal with games where the scum can get any role: I run it twice: once for the roles themselves and once for who becomes mafia.
You might want to tweak such setups, actually.  I mean, imagine a game where the scum has two Triple Voters :P.
Part of the reason I pick out my roles from a giant list. I don't randomize the roles, persay. I randomize who gets what, and make roles appropriate for balance. So, there's only been one game where a scum got Triple Voter, and I think he played it nicely.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 08, 2010, 01:18:18 pm »

But the town had quite a few counters in that game, like Unlimited Voter, Infinity Voter, Fibbonaci Voter, Unknown Voter...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2010, 02:44:49 pm »

Added Paranormal 13 to the list. Looks like it'll be a bit before it goes into the queue, though.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 08, 2010, 03:07:11 pm »

But the town had quite a few counters in that game, like Unlimited Voter, Infinity Voter, Fibbonaci Voter, Unknown Voter...
My favorite part of that game was watching the Infinity Voter and Unlimited Voter kill each other. That's probably the point where I removed the Unlimited Voter from the list :P. It's description was too confusing...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 08, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »

I allow myself to run personal tweaks or even a reroll if things turn ugly.  I also have to be careful of a MC threat letting the town figure out who the mafia are.  I've had people trying to gamebreak a Beginner's Mafia game for goodness sakes!

As such, I've had a few setups that were nice and balanced but had to reroll them since I could see a nosy town try to figure out who is who.

What I need, honestly, is something similar to Meph's power balancing program/thingy. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 03:11:46 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2010, 03:12:08 pm »

I allow myself to run personal tweaks or even a reroll if things turn ugly.  I also have to be careful of a MC threat letting the town figure out who the mafia are.  I've had people trying to gamebreak a Beginner's Mafia game for goodness sakes!

As such, I've had a few setups that were nice and balanced but had to reroll them since I could see a nosy town try to figure out who is who.
To be fair, I like to screw with people that think they can break my set-ups. Also, I've learned from my days with DF Mafia. That game had a ton of broken roles, but nobody ever figured them out...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2010, 03:13:41 pm »

The 2-per side rule for roles in Paranormal does a decent job of squashing MCs in most situations. Every once in a while people find it useful, but usually near the end of the game.

As far as set-ups go, I tend to run my script a few times and pick the set-up that I think will make the most interesting game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2010, 10:02:59 pm »

Archangel's Werewolf has started started signups.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2010, 01:48:41 pm »

Game's currently running and their status/living players

BYOR 2: N5 - 5P

uPick: N5 7P

Near-Mountainous: D3 - 5P

One Lynch: D5 - 5P

Vote Mafia 4: N2 - 10P

Neruz's Bastard: N1 - 10P

Christmas Mafia: D2 - 12p

Second Chance Mafia: D1 - 9P

8 games - 63 players

Two should end by the end of the week (BYOR 2, Near-Mountainous)

Two are nearing the end game (uPick, One Lynch..yes, Pandar's 19P game is coming to a conclusion!)

The rest (Neruz/Christmas/Second) are still in early/mid game.  Second Chance, note, had lots of revives so it will last longer than a typical 9P

Meanwhile, the games in signups:

Rysith: Starting monday - 13P

Horrible Role: SignUps (8/12)

Aztec Mafia: Signups (9/16) (note, VERY kill heavy game)

Kodak Mafia: Signups (4/12)

Archangel's Werewolf: Signups (0/16)

note that Aztec and Kodak decided to just start up on their own terms (though Aztec had the green light a while back). 

1 game (Rysith) will be starting this week.  1 game (Horrible) will probably finish signups then as well.  Aztec may need another week before it fills.  The others are up in the air.

So right now:
8 running games, 5 in signups

Next week:
8 running games (-2 + 2), 3 in signups

Soon after 1 more game will start signups and at least 2 more will end.  There's 2 more games that may start up or may die by the wayside.

Overall, although I disliked Kodak jumping ahead blindly, I think we have a good setup going now. We should try to keep 1-3 games in signups and around 8 or so running at a time.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 10, 2010, 08:16:25 pm »

Ok, Putting Toon Mafia VI in planning. Toony is letting me host.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:58 pm »

Ok, Putting Toon Mafia VI in planning. Toony is letting me host.

Wow, awesome!  I was just thinking about how I missed Toon mafia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 10, 2010, 08:54:20 pm »

Make sure to let mafia win this time.  They are a very unlucky bunch.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2010, 08:59:55 pm »

No promises.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 443