Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 443

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 585286 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #405 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:05 pm »

No

Doodabuddy, you're going to have to do some active recruitment or something, in that case.  With the way things are, it's just sitting around looking sad and pathetic.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 19, 2010, 08:26:55 pm »

Yeah, but I actually want some players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 19, 2010, 08:29:06 pm »

Yeah, but I actually want some players.

You've got 11.  If you actively recruit via PMs and ask nicely, you'll probably be able to get 5 pretty quick.  It actually works better than you might think.

I wouldn't suggest this for most cases, but with the subforum dying... it seems like it might be a good thing to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 19, 2010, 08:36:00 pm »

Yeah, i managed to get like 5 players to replace ExKirby in Vector's Bastard Mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 19, 2010, 08:38:27 pm »

And I managed to get 5 or 6 for Rysith's Semi-Bastard mod.  Shouldn't be too tough.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 19, 2010, 09:08:25 pm »

there's also the option of trimming down the killing roles or scum roles and running it as is.  It CAN run at this point.  Perhaps a big final push can get the last batch of folks.  THe game can run.  One way or another, though, the signups should be ending.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 19, 2010, 09:10:49 pm »

there's also the option of trimming down the killing roles or scum roles and running it as is.  It CAN run at this point.  Perhaps a big final push can get the last batch of folks.  THe game can run.  One way or another, though, the signups should be ending.

Yeah.  If I were you, I'd do heavy advertisement on people who have recently gotten out of the BM-stage via PMs (write them individually!  It really helps!) and then cut the game down accordingly.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »

I will end tomorrow.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:00 pm »

Sounds like a supervillain threat 'gainst chronology.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:43 am »

Neruz' generic bastard mafia - just ended
One-Lynch - just ended
Archangel's Werewolf - needs to be removed from signups
Paranormal 13 - in signups
BYOR 3 - in signups

Dudes, I'm going to make a formal request here that people who are even vaguely interested in Horrible Role sign up for it.  We are ridiculously close to having it filled up (just one more!!).

Additionally, I'm going to request that I be allowed to open a signup thread for BM IX, as I would like to mod it.  I've been the scum IC for a long time, and I think it'd be a good idea to pass on my crown for a while and potentially move to occasional modding.

Plus, I can't let you guys get wind of all my tricks  ;)

Seriously, people... we've only got three games running at the moment.  Interested folks should get out there and play some Mafia~!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:48:45 pm by Vector »

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2010, 02:30:39 am »

*eats Vector's apple*
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2010, 04:14:30 pm »

And at 13 players, Aztec Mafia stops sign ups.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2010, 04:19:44 pm »

With 12 players Horrible Role Mafia is now in the confirm phase.  That means players will post to confirm their availability for the game.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 20, 2010, 09:05:42 pm »

Okay, good.  We now have only two games left in signups, one of which is Paranormal, and the other of which is the delayed Kingmaker.

Given that with this we will have precisely 6 games running (7 once Paranormal finishes filling), I would suggest opening another two up for signups (it takes a while, and my guess is that Bellsounder will end relatively soon).

Still waiting on Dakarian for confirmation of BMIX, since we're about to hit the end of D2 as far as I know (and that's around when the new signups typically open).

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 20, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »

I figure I should hold iPick in reserve while the uPick runs?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 443