Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42364 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2010, 03:40:33 pm »

Perhaps it is a White Knight complex, but I am nigh certain that ToonyMan isn't Scum, and has been falsely accused and subsequently dogpiled.

I also can't fight a tide of arguments, even if they seem to be looking less to prove WHO we should lynch, and more to prove why we should specifically lynch HIM. Truely, Scum Tells mean very little as a rubric for judging who to vote against, as it is subjective to opinion and emotion, impossible to verify, and easily twisted by Scum as something to hide your lynch movements behind. Moreover, how a player is acting depends on innumerable minor details which we can never know, and thus is imprecise at best, and outright wrong at worst.

Even so, it is all we have to go on at this juncture. I don't feel I've had adequate time to get solid reads on anyone, nor do I feel as though my vote would really do anything against the rising tide versus Toonyman. As such, I'll sit out this round. Here's hoping the night brings more evidence.

P.S. I didn't intend to motion for a second Day Extension Leafsnail, just the first one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2010, 04:24:02 pm »

Why are you so sure I'm not scum?  Whatever.

Yes, I am Town.  Full blood town and that's it.  Not a mafia, lyncher, jester, etc.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:36 pm »

Not one person calling me out on my lurking? Really?

Solifuge, defending somebody is rather dangerous. If ToonyMan flips scum, you're going to have a hard time proving yourself not scum. If ToonyMan flips town, you're likely to have claims of you buddying.

Is there some sort of trick or something to juggling multiple games of Mafia successfully?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:57 pm »

Well I asked for an extension so others would speak about this...

not lurk.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2010, 09:04:03 pm »

Day has ended with a ToonyMan lynch (two extension with two objections heard)  Wait a moment while I get the flavour written.

Final votecount:
ToonyMan: Mephansteras, ExKirby, Vector, Eduren
Apostolic Nihilist: Kashyyk, Pandarsenic
Mephansteras: ToonyMan
Eduren: Nirur Torir
Vector: CobaltKobold
RedWarrior0: Apostolic Nihilist
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:24:03 pm by Leafsnail »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2010, 09:05:42 pm »

I am an innocent man!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »

And so, on the first day, it is decided that ToonyMan will be the first to die.  "I'm telling you!" shouts Toony, beginning to look desperate.  "I'm innocent, damn it!"
"Only a mafia member would lie about his guilt!"  Mephansteras advances upon ToonyMan.  He points the gun at ToonyMan's head.  "Any last requests?"
ToonyMan looks downwards.  Something catches his eye, and he looks back up with a grin of triumph.  His hand closes around the butterfly that has landed there.

Everyone stares, amazed, at the sight of ToonyMan flying away on elegant wings.  ToonyMan laughs and says he'll come back when you've found the real mafia members, but he seems to have forgotten that a slow moving aerial target isn't exactly difficult to hit at close range.  He comes crashing down to earth with a thump.

The obligatory post-lynch examination causes you to conclude that he was a Substitute.  After the most exhaustive background check that can be performed in five minutes, you also deduce that he was town aligned.

Hahahaha.  Did you really think all roles would be negative?  It was a lie!!  You have the only positive role in the game!

Every time someone dies, you will go to their grave automatically and steal any and all abilities they have.  All the abilities you steal will stack together!  You will even be able to use multiple abilities per night!  AHAHAHA!  You'll soon be UNSTOPPABLE!

Your role pm will be updated every time you (automatically) rob a grave.

You cannot steal group abilities.
You go to bed, wondering why he felt this ability was such a handicap.

It is now night one.  Please get your night actions in ASAP.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2010, 05:03:11 pm »

You wake up to another beatifully stormy day.  However, it seems that Pandarsenic, Vector, Apostolic Nihilist, RedWarrior0, Nirur Torir, Eduren, ExKirby, Mephansteras, Solifuge, Kashyyk and CobaltKobold are all missing!  Realising this is everyone, you start to wonder who the "You" refers to.  Nevermind, whoever you are, you decide to start searching houses.

Pandarsenic seems to have been slashed in half.  However, he gets up, miraculously unharmed, and groans.

Nirur Torir is lying in the crushed remains of his house, but he rises to his feet too as you approach.

Eduren also lies in the wreckage of his house, with a nasty slash wound, but gets up anyway.  A pattern is developing, and you aren't at all surprised to see ExKirby, Mephansteras, Solifuge, Kashyyk and CobaltKobold revive in the same way.

However, you still cannot find Vector, Apostolic Nihilist or RedWarrior0!  Where could they be?

Arriving at Vector's house, you find... a whole bunch of knives?  And axes?  And swords?  And masks?  It looks like he was a Psycopath of some sort!

No, wait, here's the number of his psychologist.  Turns out he was a (Mostly) Reformed Psychopath, and therefore town aligned.  He appears to have been dispatched with a clean shot to the back of the head.
You've always had a horrible and crippling ailment resulting in frequent mass murdering sprees, but recently you've been seeing a psychologist and have got better.  Well, slightly.  You still get occasional urges, y'see...

Every night you MUST choose someone to target.  If they are town, they will die.  If they are not town, they will not die.

Well... if he was a killer, where is his victim?  You find out quickly enough when you arrive at Apostolic Nihilist's house.  The entire place is splattered with blood and his body is all over the place.  He seems to have been chopped to pieces.

You can only identify him from the trail of footprints leading outside, and the strange medication he has on his bedside table.  It seems he was a town aligned Sonambulist.
Every night you will visit a random players house and disturb their sleep.  You feel terrible about this though, and you will need to send them a letter personally apologising for waking them up on the next night.

You have to work out who you visited and send their name to me by the next night or you will kill yourself.

Lastly, you visit the house of RedWarrior0.  He seems to have... some of the lyrics for Nothing to Lose written on a notepad?  Well, he certainly has nothing to lose now, since he jumped from his bedroom window in the night.  Shame for him, since he was a Suicidal Music Loving Survivor.
You will attempt to kill yourself every night unless you can send me the name of a song in another player's role pm (the player can be alive or dead).  If you do this successfully, you will be too busy singing the song and dancing to it to kill yourself.

You cannot send in the same song twice and you cannot use [REDACTED] :P.

One more hint: The only thing all these songs have in common is that I've heard them before.  Good luck.
What a night.  You only hope things will be slightly less bloody from here on out.

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Nirur Torir
Eduren
ExKirby
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

Deadline: About 10pm GMT+0, Friday.

OP will be updated shortly.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 05:05:12 pm by Leafsnail »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Two - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »

I have one thing to say. Lolwut?

I take it everyone got visited by the blue giant then?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2010, 05:18:48 pm »

So now Vector is in not six games, but three
The grand total is halved, as you see
Once again, I perish night one
Which greatly dimishes my fun
I'd save the bloke for lylo if 'twer up to me
Maybe he'll lynch yet another CT.

BAH.  Absolutely horrifically terrible poem, but still BAH.  I might be up for a sonnet, villanelle, or sestina next time, depending.

By the way, here's a particularly awesome sestina, to tide you over until then: Sestina
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2010, 05:24:30 pm »

Nice death poem.

And that was bizarre. Poor RedWarrior0, though, talk about a near-impossible role!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2010, 05:26:27 pm »

Man, if I were alive I would be tripping balls.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2010, 05:38:26 pm »

On the topic of Toony, I'm still puzzled by his behavior day 1. It was incredibly anti-town and odd.

I mean, he never even explained his vote on me, despite my pointing out several times that he refused to respond logically to anything.

The following are still alive:
Pandarsenic
Nirur Torir
Eduren
ExKirby
Mephansteras
Solifuge
Kashyyk
CobaltKobold

So, 3/8 are scum. Which means we need to find scum today.

Unfortunately, most of the people I had suspicions of died last night. I'll do a scan of day 1 and see what I can dig up on everyone who's still alive.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »

So, 3/8 are scum. Which means we need to find scum today.

'Kay. Mephansteras, I don't believe the number of scum was stated anywhere that the town has access to.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »

Actually, why don't we just ask the mod? This isn't a bastard game, after all.

@Mod: How many scum are there?
Can't comment on the number of scum, but there are three mafia members.

Sorry, 3/8 mafia. There could be a serial killer out there, or other 3rd parties. But my basic logic is the same.

As for my suspects...right now I'm most suspicious of Solifuge and Cobalt kobold.

@Solifuge: Why didn't you vote for anyone yesterday?

@Cobalt: 3/4 people you were FoS'd or voted yesterday have now been proven to be town. You seemed to be trying to cast a wide net of suspicion on a lot of people, and I'm starting to think that it was deliberate misdirection on your part.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36