Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42377 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Three - Marco Polo? - Two Replacements Needed
« Reply #420 on: February 14, 2010, 03:17:49 am »

Especially since I was already corrected on what was causing the tie- the actual being Nirur's Samaritan vote.

Your scheme reeks to sky of WIFOM too.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 14, 2010, 10:38:08 am »

OMGUS - Oh My God, You Suck

When I hear it used, it is as a retaliation against someone else who votes for you. Usually describing a sudden change in agenda.

Also, there's no need to "try hard to frame you". I'm only pointing out the obvious scummy statements/actions that you just gave. You're scrambling to preserve yourself, explaining why I'm wrong to vote for you by changing your story every time I call you on something. "Oh no guys, I didn't mean it like that!", etc. Additionally, the whole "feigning ignorance" on repeated rules questions and role details is a weak attempt at appearing inept or harmless.

More telling than these, while you've been working so hard to save your own skin, you've not made a move to scumhunt. You've been passively casting suspicion since day 1, have only given the most nebulous details about your role when near everyone else claimed, and have only taken action when threatened by other players.

I'm sure you'll have explanations for each, though. Please share.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 14, 2010, 12:13:34 pm »

*Solifuge I swear the 'level' comment was quoting Pokemon but for some reason I have the Romancing Saga 3 victory song in my head.  Not a bad thing IMO*

When Person A votes for Person B and, in response, Person B attacks and votes Person A for it, it is an OMGUS. 

Litia: Dakarian just did 50 scumtells already.  Vote Dakarian

Dakarian:  Oh My God!  You Suck!   Vote Litia.

(the phrase started because someone actually did say and do that in response to a vote on them.)

Note that it's not JUST voting for the person who voted on you.  It's when the reason why you go after them is because they voted on you. 

*puts down Trainer's Cap and slinks away, but not before mentioning something to the host with a quick point at the "Help Wanted" sign*
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Two - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #423 on: February 14, 2010, 02:37:02 pm »

Still entirely too little activity this game.

Surely the rest of you have *some* ideas on who's scum based on day 1.
Eh, as you pointed out, I was dead wrong and haven't gotten around to figuring things out yet.

Tie = Nolynch right?
Solifuge purely to break the tie, as I rather doubt the town's capacity to avert mafiakill.

CobaltKobold, what was up with this statement? You really preferred a potential mislynch to a no-lynch at mylo?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 14, 2010, 02:49:31 pm »

Quick, while he's gone, let's lynch everybody!

No seriously. CobaltKobold and Eduren are probably scum. ExKirby reacted with panicked You Must Be Scum behavior, so I think he's clean anyway.

Also, why is it that all the people I PMed suddenly die or want replacements. Am I that unpleasant?
That came out of nowhere. Why?

Soli, can you answer this?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 14, 2010, 04:04:54 pm »

Dakarian has replaced ExKirby and received all role info relating to him.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

And now to find out what in the world has happened. 
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day Two - Jolly Blue Giant
« Reply #427 on: February 14, 2010, 06:14:56 pm »

Solifuge: I 'only' FoS'd you because of how I read the abilities, making it look rather antitown. I sought to collect more information to confirm/avert my interpretations. Since they're just a web of lies, I'm not thinking it points definitively to you being scum.
Still entirely too little activity this game.

Surely the rest of you have *some* ideas on who's scum based on day 1.
Eh, as you pointed out, I was dead wrong and haven't gotten around to figuring things out yet.

Tie = Nolynch right?
Solifuge purely to break the tie, as I rather doubt the town's capacity to avert mafiakill.

CobaltKobold, what was up with this statement? You really preferred a potential mislynch to a no-lynch at mylo?
It's funny, 'cause then you and Exkirby voted her right after me. Which makes your question-raising hypocritical as you piled on the bandwagon,(3rd/4th votes!) trying to get Solifuge lynched.

And you have a stated power that prevents you from unvoting, unlike me, so you actually have a reason to be cautious. (For the record, I have nothing talking about votes in my role.)

If I'm wrong, then you're that much more wrong. Mephansteras is scum.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I gave reasons for my vote, Cobalt. You didn't. You just voted her to 'break a tie', despite the fact that we were at mylo. Which implies that you were more worried about *not* lynching someone then actually finding scum.

So, no, it's not hypocritical. Nor was I simply jumping on a bandwagon. I waited until I had good reason to be suspicious of someone before voting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 15, 2010, 12:24:41 am »

Quick, while he's gone, let's lynch everybody!

No seriously. CobaltKobold and Eduren are probably scum. ExKirby reacted with panicked You Must Be Scum behavior, so I think he's clean anyway.

Also, why is it that all the people I PMed suddenly die or want replacements. Am I that unpleasant?
That came out of nowhere. Why?

Soli, can you answer this?

Eduren, you're just a suspicion, and this is merely based on passive "activity". Same suspicion as I voiced before. Metagame Intuition says that your role seems like a "Horrible Scum Role" much like the "Horrible Town Roles", in that votes tend to accumulate on you.

You've not a case against you though, so no big worries.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile

K, thanks for clarification.

I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Ok, leaving for my holiday now.  I'll be back on thursday/ friday, so the day won't end until then.  Kashyyk says he'll be back on friday too, so a replacement shouldn't be needed after all.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which means that it's up to us to deal with lurkers.

We're doomed.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Apologies for being one.  RL grabbed me during the weekend.  Working on the widescan piece by piece.
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in a similar boat. I was online only in short bursts over the weekend and my workday has been pretty full today.

I'll try to get some more time in tonight.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36