Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42349 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:11 pm »

FoS are really scary.

I never use them, empty promises.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2010, 05:45:13 pm »

I have nothing to hide.

Aloha. What do you show us with this?

PPE:
FoS are really scary.
*Points at a certain ongoing game*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

Good god, people.  Don't vote me based on a stretch of silence, but do come vote me if you think I need voting.  I've made my peace and recovered, and any further absence is for unrelated reasons.

Yes, I'm serious about this.  It sounds ridiculous, but there you go.

Additionally, there is no good answer to that question, CK.  It's the quintessential reaction-testing question, and it's your job to decide whether or not my reaction is scummy or townish.  I can only answer with a particular styling of answer, not with anything definitive.

So, why you should think I'm town?  There's no reason in particular that you should.  I cannot point to a series of posts condemning someone who flipped scum; I cannot say "Hey, I've kicked the town back into action more times than I can count!"  It's burden of proof.  I wish I could give you a better answer, but I cannot.  The most I can do is provide more posts, in the hope that they will allow you to get a solid read on me.

FoS are really scary.
*Points at a certain ongoing game*

Dude, don't talk about that here >_>  Different thread is different thread, doodabuddy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Confirm Phase
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2010, 05:55:01 pm »

Eduren, you've been gone for a long time.  What do you think about the current situation?
Toony is definitely not acting himself. There are a few ways to explain this:

1. He's town and we are blowing this all out of proportion
2. He's a jester (Might be expected in a Horrible role game)
3. He is scum banking on the expected Jester

I believe number 3 because Toony is being way too blatant. If he were a real Jester the best course would have been subtlety. ObvJester is the perfect way to make sure you don't get lynched.

Of course I could be wrong, but its the best I got.

Toony
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »

Might as well claim now.
I'm a Substitute.  Funny this.
I am best at the beginning of the game and slowly start to suck, let me explain.

Day 1, I am a Vanilla Townie.  Whenever someone dies I GAIN THEIR POWER.
I can't imagine what lylo would be like.

Anyway, I feel the need to ask what the fuss is about.  I do this every Mafia game.  I am Town.  This all started happening after I voted Meph for buddying.  Then the votes start racking up.

Eduren, are you going to stop listening to others and vote independently without worry?  Because that's what I do.  I vote interdependently without worry and you're all wrong to vote me.

Seriously.  If I were pick scum out it would be Meph and Vector.  Eduren and ExKirby are just sheep.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2010, 06:02:59 pm »

Yes I know there's three scum.

The third scum is a lurker.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2010, 06:08:00 pm »

Anyway, I feel the need to ask what the fuss is about.  I do this every Mafia game.  I am Town.  This all started happening after I voted Meph for buddying.  Then the votes start racking up.

You really can't figure this out?

You vote me for 'buddying', which I didn't do. When I ask you how I was buddying, you then declare that I'm scum for 'not revealing anything about myself'. You then declare yourself town and that 'Being unreadable is key to winning Mafia games.  Town or Scum.'

You also complain about ExKirby 'bandwagoning' against you (on the second vote) even though he gave a good reason for his vote. It's like you're trying really hard to twist what other people are doing so you get an excuse to vote them.

You're being voted because you're not giving solid reasons for what you do, being hypocritical, and being generally unhelpful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2010, 06:09:40 pm »

I think it's reasonable to point out that he is provably lying. To avoid the meta-gaming conflict that arises, I'll use one which is completed:
CobaltKobold, Rashilul, ZChris, and Magmadeath are not voting.

I want those people to come in, except CobaltKobold, who appears to not have a vote?
and a few more

--eduren ties it up with #3--

Early claim, toony.

votecount bitte

Toony, why are you continuing to blatantly lie?
Eduren, are you going to stop listening to others and vote independently without worry?  Because that's what I do.  I vote interdependently without worry and you're all wrong to vote me.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2010, 06:12:06 pm »

Hah, I play every Mafia game I'm in different Cobalt.

It prevents meta claims.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2010, 06:12:29 pm »

To be honest, you just sound wrong to me.  You're usually far more exuberant than this, lively and active, whatever.  You also usually don't try so hard to keep information to yourself.

Maybe it's a generalized personality shift.  Maybe something else is going on in your life, whatever.  In any case, you sound different to the Toony I'm used to, which disorients me, affects my reads, and...

Ninja'd by Meph.

Everything he said, plus what I said right here.

Additionally, Toony... buddying.  Buddying with eduren.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:02 pm »

Well I have a cold so my voice is a little weak.

I need to fix what I did wrong here, I shouldn't be a lynch target, I never am Day 1.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2010, 06:18:20 pm »

Wait...so now we shouldn't lynch you day 1 because you never get lynched day 1??

Is that like how we shouldn't lynch you in Pandar's BYOR because you were constantly wrong?

You seem awfully eager not to die, Toony.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2010, 06:23:35 pm »

Is that like how we shouldn't lynch you in Pandar's BYOR because you were constantly wrong?

You seem awfully eager not to die, Toony.
Well he just saved your neck, barring voting shenanigans that almost certainly exist.

Also. He was town that game, though strangely Pandarsenic has not corrected the deathmiller bit yet. That town was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scummy it hurt.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2010, 06:25:06 pm »

Okay, [olor=blue]Mephp/oclr], who's next scum to take down?
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »

Quote from: Because she asked for it
ToonyMan: Mephansteras, ExKirby, Vector, Eduren
Apostolic Nihilist: Kashyyk
Kashyyk: CobaltKobold
Mephansteras: Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
Eduren: Nirur Torir
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36