Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 42267 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2010, 02:05:18 pm »

I just think Vector is acting odd, nothing wrong with that.  Everyone else is voting me for the same reason.

First you say I'm scum, and then you say I'm just acting odd (and there's nothing wrong with that, hurhur).  That constitutes buddying--I think I remember this from NSBMI, no?

Then, we have this:

Meph:  Random Vote, sticking with it tunnel style.
ExKirby: Bandwagon, no reason.  Confused by my playstyle is my best guess.
Vector: Scum logic, acting odd.
Eduren: Bandwagon, policy lynch.

[...]

I will only except Vector's vote, this is nonsense.

First off, you sound a hell of a lot like Pandarsenic often does (where on earth is he, by the way?)--he tends to say "None of you are providing reasons for your votes but Vector!!"  That little amusement aside, you're ignoring everyone else's accusations, sweeping Meph's statements under the rug as "tunneling," ExKirby's as "being unaccustomed with my playstyle" and eduren's as "policy lynching."

Then you say I have scum logic and am acting odd.  Alrighty... so first ExKirby is scum for voting you.  Then ExKirby is a sheep and I'm scum.  Now I'm odd ("A-OK by me ;D") and ExKirby is confused.  Suddenly I have scum logic and everyone is town, voting you for the wrong reasons.  You are trying extremely hard to protect yourself, hey?

CK, I disagree with you on the "jester" analysis.  I just saw ToonyMan being a jester in Second Chance, and this doesn't look like it.  My guess is "survivor," since he has the same sort of awkward "ARGH WHAT THE HELL DO I DO WITH THIS ROLE" behavior he always does when he first rolls up a 3rd-party, but none of his more polished scum-meta.  Further, I think his roleclaim fits a survivor role (and it doesn't sound like something he made up).  If you need to get to the end of the game, the worst possible eventuality is that it becomes intrinsically harder and harder to do so.

I also believe him to be third-party because he isn't behaving as though he's a part of a team.  If we have 3 scum, then it doesn't matter so much that he's going to die D1; he usually manages to be far more laissez-faire about being lynched off, even if he's drawing severe heat.

So, he's a third-party that doesn't want to die, and whose role gets progressively worse.  I'm going with survivor, and think we should lynch him off ASAP.  The scum are going to want to use him very, very much in a game with this sort of balance.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2010, 02:31:49 pm »

Why are the people voting me the only ones posting?

It's like 4 square and I'm the ball.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2010, 02:37:32 pm »

Why are the people voting me the only ones posting?

It's like 4 square and I'm the ball.

That's probably because they're all either lazy, busy, or amused scumbuckets.  I don't think Kashyyk's even posted since the game began.

On the other hand, CK is scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2010, 02:53:22 pm »

Quote from: A little bit louder and a little bit worse
ToonyMan: Mephansteras, ExKirby, Vector, Eduren
Apostolic Nihilist: Kashyyk
Kashyyk: CobaltKobold
Mephansteras: Pandarsenic, ToonyMan
Eduren: Nirur Torir
ExKirby: Apostolic Nihilist
Deadline is tomorrow at roughly 10pm GMT+0.

Prods can be requested for those who haven't posted for 24 hours.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2010, 02:57:33 pm »

Prods should be sent auto.

SEND EVERYONE PRODS.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2010, 03:01:42 pm »

Why should everyone get prods? That's just ridiculous. It's not like *no-one* posted yesterday.

Fun with numbers (total posts per player after the game started)

Playerposts
Apostolic Nihilist2
CobaltKobold13
Eduren12
ExKirby9
Kashyyk3
Mephansteras16
Nirur Torir8
Pandarsenic5
RedWarrior05
Solifuge3
ToonyMan29
Vector10

Apostolic Nihilist has posted the least, by far. Kashyyk posted a bit early on but hasn't said anything recently. Nor have Pandarsenic nor Solifuge.

Everyone else has been fairly chatty to at least some degree.

And, good gods Toony you post a lot! Not that all of that was content, of course.

Cobalt, you've posted a good bit about Toony but your vote is still on Kashyyk. That looked like a random vote. Any reason why you've left it there?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2010, 03:02:37 pm »

That would be because she's scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »

I never realized how much I posted until you brought it up.

Must be the town in me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2010, 03:05:28 pm »

Considering that most of that was you throwing around baseless accusations or desperately attempting to defend yourself I find that explanation a bit unlikely.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2010, 03:08:52 pm »

I never realized how much I posted until you brought it up.

Must be the town in me.

::)

Must be the verbosity in you.  Good god, can we just kill this man and get going?  He's a survivor, end of story.  CK and Solifuge are scum.  A couple of people need either prods or serious lynch-threats, but mostly we need to move on now that we've found our first anti-townie.

Also, issuing scads of prods is probably a bad idea.  They mean a lot more now than they used to, and all that.  So... I think we need to bother Kashyyk and Apost in-thread, but otherwise no mod action is required.

Kashyyk and Apostolic Nihilist, what are your reads on people?

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2010, 03:22:02 pm »

Must be the verbosity in you.  Good god, can we just kill this man and get going?  He's a survivor, end of story.  CK and Solifuge are scum.  A couple of people need either prods or serious lynch-threats, but mostly we need to move on now that we've found our first anti-townie.
Where did Solifuge=scum come from?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2010, 03:26:41 pm »

I'm here, no prods needed  :D

Kashyyk 3

I've only posted three times? felt like more...

Cobalt, you've posted a good bit about Toony but your vote is still on Kashyyk. That looked like a random vote. Any reason why you've left it there?
Thanks for calling that up, I was wondering.

Also, reads.

I'm thinking CK and AN. CK is throwing FoS's around like it was the end of the world, but never actually changing from me and put weight behind her accusations. I think AN might be scum as well, with his lurking, but I can't really say much about that, for obvious reasons.

PPE
Eduren: Probably her lack of posts

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36:16 pm »

Where did Solifuge=scum come from?

It came from her being scum (and I agree with Kashyyk on Apostolic Nihilist).

In more detail, here are her three posts:

Oh wow... that was definitely Pentameter coming from Nirur Torir, though there was no set meter  so it's technically not Iambic. I love this game already.

Hmm... perhaps Nirur Torir is in fact a murderous Macbeth? What say you, knave?

Passive reaction-test.

The Pentameter isn't really my role, unfortunately. When I signed up, I decided to try it for my first post for no apparent reason. I'll drop it.

Awww... but I liked it.  :-\

Also, RedWarrior0 where were you on the night before last? And the night before that? Are you a villain? Are you even here?!?

Buddying with Nirur Torir.  Terrible RVS questions, all in the same vein.  Flopping.  Lurker-hunting.  Potentially searching for easy lynches.  High-tension behavior.

I suspect Christopher Lloyd did a better job at this role than I. It's still quite awesome though.

Also, Unvote RedWarrior0. Glad of you to join us!

Unvotes and then disappears after RVS, when things start heating up and getting more difficult.  She fits the scum profile perfectly.

Any more questions?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2010, 04:18:34 pm »

Why do you want to lynch a "Survivor" Vector?

Survivors aren't anti-town early game.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2010, 04:38:10 pm »

On the other hand, CK is scum.
I don't see any argument here.
Hasn't answered my second question. Has lurked.

Has, now, returned and STILL not answered the question.

I don't think the scum would care more nor less about the survivor in this game- the scum has bad roles too, I'm quite sure.

Vector actively did not answer my question and is using tautologies. Getting my vote when Kashyyk answers.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36