Disagreeing, Fine
- 0 (0%)
Why you make a fuzz 'bout it?
- 3 (6.1%)
Lets just be happy
- 19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66

Author Topic: My problem with modern games.  (Read 120191 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My problem with modern games.
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »

Thing is: police cars are one of the best civilian cars already. Sure, it IS possible to out-speed them, but it requires the rare and fragile racing speed cars that you can only find in a remote corner of the map. However, the racing cars go so stupidly fast that it's literally impossible to drive them in an urban setting with crashing and dying in a ball of flames.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2010, 11:01:29 pm »

Thing is: police cars are one of the best civilian cars already. Sure, it IS possible to out-speed them, but it requires the rare and fragile racing speed cars that you can only find in a remote corner of the map. However, the racing cars go so stupidly fast that it's literally impossible to drive them in an urban setting with crashing and dying in a ball of flames.
New theory: Modern games are made by people reading forums for posts like these.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2010, 11:03:46 pm »

Meh, it's not even a modern game, it was for the PS2. I just have a long-standing resentment for it due to how many hours I poured into the game.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2010, 11:14:22 pm »

No I mean I'm expecting a game to come out where you drive a race car that can outrun police and have to drive through urban areas trying not to die in a ball of flames.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2010, 11:43:27 pm »

i hate dumb cheats on the pcs part like that.
arfter you got 30% of the way in to the game every goon got a shotgun or a machinegun and thay have 5+men guarding a flowershop ???

if the ai is just hard but fair then it is 10 times better than ai the cheats to make the game hard.

other things that pissme off:

Suicidal Overconfidence
thay go past the point of sanity,gunshot wounds,beaten to within a inch of death thay just keep attcking.

slow ai
all ai's will play smarter if thay moved at full speed a cross cover and to attack or run.

Forced Level Grinding
i have other things to do..

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2010, 01:13:34 am »

There's a game called Hotwired, by Xicat Interactive. In it, you assume the role of a carjacker and have to take a car of your choice to the county/country (the speech isn't clear so I'm not sure which it is) border to get away (interestingly, you can "get away" even if you have a dozen police cruisers on your tail, and four more incoming from the front). The police is frequently just dangling behind you, unable to catch up. They do have the numbers and surprise factor on their side when they suddenly try to intercept you from the front - i.e. by trying to take you head-on at 200kph. Unfortunately, no balls of flames and no real urban setting either, but the roads tend to get real difficult further in the game. I can't for the life of me get past half of the available tracks. The sixth one I'm currently on is listed as "requiring a little skill", but it has about a rather long stretch of 2-lane road - can you imagine dodging the aforementioned police "missiles" in that space? At least they don't shoot at you.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Choose username

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2010, 06:07:21 pm »

Games have always been limiting, the only difference is that you are now starting to realize it.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:13 am »

my only problem with modern games they are overhyped 10+ Gb piles of buggy retarded next-gen shit

actually they don't even improve graphics since like Crysis, just requirements

even pirating'em soo waste of time :-\

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2010, 11:10:03 am »

I'm playing Twilight Princess at the moment.
Brings back childhood memories when games were innovative, diversified and simply fun.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2010, 11:32:01 am »

I found Twilight Princess to be the least original and enjoyable of any Zelda game I'd ever played.

Yet, people like it. Because it's just like Ocarina of Time / Majora's mask, sans creativite new gameplay, thrilling adventure, and a fantastic storyline.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »

Creativite sounds like a mineral that fuels your imagination!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »

I found Twilight Princess to be the least original and enjoyable of any Zelda game I'd ever played.

Yet, people like it. Because it's just like Ocarina of Time / Majora's mask, sans creativite new gameplay, thrilling adventure, and a fantastic storyline.

I guess you haven't played Phantom Hourglass yet...
Thats IMO the most unspectacular Zelda.

And no my opinion does not differentiate between handhelds/consoles.
For example The Minish Cap was ingenious.

Still I can't really compare it to Ocarina of Time / Majoras Mask since it have been ages since I played them the last time.
I remember them being better than Twilight Princess, but that might as well be just blurred by nostalgia.
But I agree, there's nothing groundbreaking in Twilight princess, it's just "more of the same".
I'm planning on replaying both of them in the near future, so we'll see...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:30:30 pm by Mindmaker »

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2010, 12:28:09 pm »

Edit:
Dammit I suck at editing.
Selfquote ftw.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:30:49 pm by Mindmaker »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2010, 01:29:26 pm »

I guess you haven't played Phantom Hourglass yet...
Thats IMO the most unspectacular Zelda.

My friend played that.  IIRC it barely even qualifies as a Zelda game.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2010, 03:19:57 pm »

Link's Awakening (I think that is what it was called?) was great, played it on the old Gameboy Pocket. It came out in color, but was playable without. There's no reason a handheld can't have a great, inventive and enjoyable Zelda game.

Ocarina of Time is like Mario Kart: It's always fun. It's fun to start over 10 minutes after you beat it. It's pure genius, a true tribute to the series. It's long, exciting, captivating, and never repetitive. Majora's Mask isn't a "10/10 forever" in the way its predecessor was, but it's basically the same team making a sequel with several innovative elements, so it's very good.

Twilight Princess felt like it was made for 6-year-old Japanese children. It was inaccessible, simple and unengrossing, though it had some of the good old-fashioned innovation and enjoyment just on the aerial level. One freakin' section.

Even the side quests in Ocarina of Time had the plot, depth and mystery to be feature games themselves. I'm remembering things I forgot now, like the undead desert quest, the family that bore the spider curse, the graveyard, the well...
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 66