Disagreeing, Fine
- 0 (0%)
Why you make a fuzz 'bout it?
- 3 (6.1%)
Lets just be happy
- 19 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66

Author Topic: My problem with modern games.  (Read 120659 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: My problem with modern games.
« Reply #255 on: February 23, 2010, 07:11:04 pm »

WHy are you talking like it's expensive?

Xbux.  XBawks.  XBlows.  Whatever you want to call it.  I don't have one.

A little aggressive, aren't we? No need to insult everyone who managed to save $200, since that's such a monumental task. So damned much more expensive than a computer, what on earth were they thinking!? Damn, a device built almost exclusively for gaming, a computer stripped down to the bare essentials needed to run top-notch games and priced accordingly. What a remarkably retarded idea!

You should really write them a letter about how superior you are.

Heh, consoles don't run top notch games... They runs games designed specifically to work on their outdated hardware and limited hardware.  The price is also artificially lowered because they can make it back with exorbitantly priced games.  You can call people who understand that whatever you like, but it doesn't change the fact that consoles are single handedly holding back video games both technically and artistically.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2010, 07:17:48 pm »

Consoles are standardizing the gaming world in the same way operating systems standardize computers. Your statement is one-sided and ignorant. I realize that is rude, but I'm just speaking the truth.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

ThreeToe

• The Natural
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #257 on: February 23, 2010, 07:27:33 pm »

The Architect has been muted for 3 days for being abusive.  If you have any more problems with this type of thing, please hit the moderator report button so we can work it out.
Show your true champion nature:  support Bay 12 games!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2010, 07:32:40 pm »

The Architect has been muted for 3 days for being abusive.  If you have any more problems with this type of thing, please hit the moderator report button so we can work it out.
Thanks.

And thanks whoever reported it. It's annoying to have these fights in my threads.  ::)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2010, 07:46:15 pm »

Soo.. Lets try to get this back on topic.

I got bored before I could finish Mass Effect 2. I stopped right before I had to go through the Omega 4 Relay. And the game still feels short. I haven't finished the game yet, but I know whatever is in store for me is just not enough. That makes me sad and slightly angry at the same time.

The same thing happened with Dragon Age, though in even less time it took me to get tired of Mass Effect 2. I miss the time where I got bored because of how long the game was, not because I knew the end was coming, and I knew it wasn't going to be very good.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2010, 08:59:16 pm »

That's always been an RPG thing, not a modern game thing, for me.  I very often stopped about, oh, five hours before the end of RPGs from every single console genre (Final Fantasy all the way back to SNES, Kingdom Hearts, etc).  It's unfortunate but the end of the game always seems less interesting than random subplots, and it's always a slog gameplaywise.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2010, 09:12:31 pm »

Mass effect 2's ending is really quite intense. Some truly live or die situations there. Anyway how did the game feel short to you? It took me a full week to complete it! (lets note here that i didn't skip any dialogue or cutscenes, and was on insanity)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »

Mass effect 2's ending is really quite intense.

A friend of mine rage-quit the ending.

But having not played either, I can only imagine.

(I on the other hand rage-quit the ending of Borderlands)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2010, 09:27:31 pm »

I didn't rage quit either. I looked at them and smiled. "Ahhh, a challenge *smirk*

I have a feeling why he might of rage-quit mass effect's ending, but you have to play it to find out, i'm not going to spoil it :D
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »

I didn't rage quit either. I looked at them and smiled. "Ahhh, a challenge *smirk*

Looked at who?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2010, 10:25:29 pm »

Mass Effect 2's end was kind of shitty. An hour or so fighting through collectors and husks, then an obnoxious boss and a cutscene, followed by Mordin randomly dying, with full party loyalty. >:|

Great game otherwise, decent controls and polished gameplay.

Borderlands also had a terrible ending, but then it started to get old about the time the crimson lance showed up, and was only on the better end of mediocre to begin with. The random weapons were cool until you realized that they were almost all shit, and the special effects weren't that entertaining ("OH SHIT A MISSILE LAUNCHER THAT FIRES THREE MISSILES IN A SPIRAL AND LIGHTS SHIT ON FIRE?!" *shoots at something with it* *missiles fly past it because lolspiral* *rage*). :|

Ending might have been made worse by the fact I'd been playing STALKER before doing the last two levels, so the controls felt wonky as hell and I just ran past everything. The mouse sensitivity was also much too high even on the lowest setting. Mass Effect 2's was too, but not as badly.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:44 pm »

Mass Effect 2's end was kind of shitty. An hour or so fighting through collectors and husks, then an obnoxious boss and a cutscene, followed by Mordin randomly dying, with full party loyalty. >:|

SPOILER ALERT
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

SPOILER ALERT
Mordin's death isn't certain, and you know the whole time your team can die. You also know about half an hour in that you're fighting "collectors", and husks showed up everywhere in the first. Both a boss and a cutscene are run of the mill sorts of things for an ending, too. :P
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

sproingie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2010, 11:15:29 pm »

My choice of console makes me an objectively superior person to others who do not make the same brand choices as me.  I have a repertoire of colorful pejoratives for the opposing platform and fans thereof that further underscore this point.
Toady is the man who Peter Molyneux wishes he was

Quote from: ToadyOne
dragon pus was like creamy gold. Infect and collect!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2010, 12:06:00 am »

Ending might have been made worse by the fact I'd been playing STALKER before doing the last two levels, so the controls felt wonky as hell and I just ran past everything. The mouse sensitivity was also much too high even on the lowest setting. Mass Effect 2's was too, but not as badly.

I ran past everything just before the vault too.
Namely because I Was berzerker brik and simply could not hurt those flying fuckers (I died all of once, had 3 or 4 "second winds" due to Shotfun of Awesome and stupid crimson lance, and was firing as much "explosive" damage around (yay, exploding SMG!) as I could to recharge my berzerk mode--to run faster and recover health.

Then I get to the boss and I was like, "No sweat, I can take it" and did.  It took less bullets to kill than the "arch guardians" outside.  WTF. :|

Note:
Shotfun of awesome was so powerful I could fire it point blank at a red lance dude in his armor-shield and kill him with four to six shells (ammo capacity: 6, burst +600%).  Combined with my shotgun-of-infinite-ammo (it regenerated 14 ammo in the time it took to fire and reload a full load of 12) I was unstoppable (except for aforementioned guardians).

Shame that my "I regenerate fucktons of rockets" was in fact, not.  Class mod for +6 flat all the time +class mod of +6 ranks towards the Master Blaster skill, +2 ranks of said skill (which comes out to +16 rockets per minute on killing blow) works out to....22 per minute?

Yeah.  Buff lasts 15 seconds and regenerated ~1.5 rockets.**  And the "flat" bonus rate didn't regen rockets when I wasn't killing things.  Ever.

**At "2 rockets a minute" the skill is worthless.  You'd need 2 ranks just to regenerate 1 rocket every time you killed something (which it didn't, notably, I was getting my 1 to 2 rockets per kill with the class mod for +6 ranks of the skill--yes, it does allow a skill to go above 5 that way) and at the point at which you can get the skill you're spending 2 to 3 rockets to kill one mook--assuming all three rockets hit.  Skill should have been "regenerate 2 rockets per point of skill per kill."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 12:09:35 am by Draco18s »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66