Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1590469 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Photoshopping hair on each other... or something.
« Reply #3150 on: April 24, 2011, 10:26:35 pm »

You went with D (the girl in the white dress in front).  Corsages must match and you said you went with one of the most popular girls in the school.  That would probably imply that you went with the one that is most traditionally pretty and well-dressed.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 24, 2011, 10:35:45 pm »

Oh look, Kael's alive.

Monk time is almost over.

I was in Japan awhile back and there was a Japanese guy running around Tokyo in a godzilla outfit. I wish I had my camera on me but alas. At least they still have their sense of humour about everything.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:38:12 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Who ARE you people?
« Reply #3152 on: April 24, 2011, 10:39:57 pm »

Yay, our favorite monk is back!

As for Mr. Seal, I'd say D->A

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 24, 2011, 11:29:15 pm »

It's Kael! Hey, Kael! We thought you may have disappeared in a jet of flame during an average day gone wrong. Nice to see you back!

Celebratory bonus pictures!

You went with D (the girl in the white dress in front).  Corsages must match and you said you went with one of the most popular girls in the school.  That would probably imply that you went with the one that is most traditionally pretty and well-dressed.
Truth be told, I had no idea what a corsage was, or that that was a tradition at all, until Friday during school During my free period a friend and I enacted a backup plan that involved the purchase of a bouquet of orange daisies, which worked surprisingly well - daisies were her favorite flower, orange her favorite color. My mom realized that I probably didn't know what a corsage was, and just picked up the last remaining corsage that the local florist had, luckily matching up fairly well (not horribly) with the dress of the person I went with. But no, I didn't go with that person. That girl (Assuming you mean the one with the black jacket/ribbon and white dress) went with the boy in the white tie in front. I myself lack a Boutonniere, so matching doesn't really help here. (That's something else I didn't know existed, so I didn't mind.) That was sharp, though. I wouldn't have thought to guess based on the corsages.

4 choices remain, and the cookie remains warm due to the recent arrival of the Fire Monk.

As for Mr. Seal, I'd say D->A
Are you going from Man -> Woman? If so, nope.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:17 am »

No, I'm talking about the one that's wearing the white-white dress.  Like I said, she is the only one who looks like a Popular Girl >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #3155 on: April 25, 2011, 12:22:26 am »

I am revealing myself as a huge nerd right here but

They all look like Popular Girls to me.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 25, 2011, 12:33:20 am »

Really?

The one with the black jacket doesn't have much presence (and her dress screams Disney Fairy, which basically isn't going to cut it), the one in black in front has too much eyeshadow (and her earrings are Wrong), purple as a dress color is way too gaudy, and the one in back a. smiles too much and b. had no idea what to do with her hair (straight back is a Nerd Girl Haircut).  Oh, and a really popular girl wouldn't be in the back of a photo.

The girl in the sheer white dress has good dress sense, a Standard Smile, perfect hair, perfect jewelry, the right amount of hinted cleavage, and so on, and so forth.  She looks like the ringleader.

So yeah, they all seem like popular girls, but there's only one Popular Girl in that shot.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #3157 on: April 25, 2011, 12:47:37 am »

Hahaha. Oh Vector, you are the best.

Yeah, you're right, but I am just a lowly man and don't have an eye for such things.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 25, 2011, 01:02:54 am »

Hahaha. Oh Vector, you are the best.

Yeah, you're right, but I am just a lowly man and don't have an eye for such things.

Nahhhh, I've just gotten bored enough while watching romantic comedies to notice these things >_> <_<  As for how I dress most of the time... hah.  It's lucky if it even pretends to match, and I have no makeup, and my hair is always done straight back.  That's how I know the pulled-straight-back look is a look for Unpopular Women XD

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 25, 2011, 01:33:47 am »

That's probably because they pretty much are.

Really?
You overestimate the standards of a school with less than 600 students. They placed themselves via convenience, not order of importance. As far as I know, anyway.

The one with the black jacket doesn't have much presence (and her dress screams Disney Fairy, which basically isn't going to cut it)
'Twas not her, you are correct. I'm betting that being 5'2" and standing on the side due to lack of room didn't really help her there.

the one in black in front has too much eyeshadow (and her earrings are Wrong),
Hrm, it seemed much better in person. Alas, 'twas not her.

the one in back a. smiles too much and b. had no idea what to do with her hair (straight back is a Nerd Girl Haircut).
I didn't know her very well, though apparently a lot of people do. But no, it wasn't her.

The girl in the sheer white dress has good dress sense, a Standard Smile, perfect hair, perfect jewelry, the right amount of hinted cleavage, and so on, and so forth.  She looks like the ringleader.

So yeah, they all seem like popular girls, but there's only one Popular Girl in that shot.
Ironically, probably the least popular as far as number of friends and visibility. She's a quiet one, and only rarely does anything social like this. She only went because her boyfriend asked her really nicely. (Not me.)

purple as a dress color is way too gaudy,
You think so?
Spoiler: She sure enjoyed it. (click to show/hide)
That's the girl I went with.

Instead of a cookie, have a .jpg file. (It's delicious!) It's me and a few friends wandering throughout Fort Casey, one of the three main forts built to protect Seattle during World War 1. That gun is an original emplacement, and it can fire shells twice as wide as my head. Crazy stuff, there. For the sheer irony of it, in that picture I am weaving a daisychain to leave on the central gun of the fort.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 25, 2011, 01:48:42 am »

Huu, I'm shocked.  The dress does look very different in a. different light and b. without other women in front of it.  Her face looks very different, too.  I think the light in the first photo made her look a bit... too old, somehow.  Hmm, and I forgot that the ones who dress perfectly are usually just trying too hard.  Anyway, purple-girl was choice two.  Most women also know better than going to prom dressed completely in white >_>

I guess it might be easier to get away with something so violently purple in a school that's less cliquish than mine was.  It's still kind of... well, you know, it could just be my own sensibilities that are making me say "Augh, my eyes hurt."  Hurm.

Need to recalibrate my Sherlocking.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 25, 2011, 05:35:53 am »

It is possible to over analyse human patterns.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 25, 2011, 01:35:12 pm »

It is possible to over analyse human patterns.

*shrug*

If I don't analyze, I get zero info.  I'd rather have almost-right info than no info.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 25, 2011, 01:37:45 pm »

Autism strikes again?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 25, 2011, 01:45:35 pm »

Autism strikes again?

Sort of.  I'm not autistic, though >_>  I'm just spectrumtacular.

Being open about this is getting kind of exhausting, though.  Hm.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 987