Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593390 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Who ARE you people?
« Reply #3240 on: May 04, 2011, 04:38:38 pm »

Middle name Ribbons.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 04, 2011, 04:39:10 pm »

My next child will be either Xavier or Celeste.
Yeah I even tried those, but alas, my significant other wanted "normal" (that is, more popular) :(
And since that whole feminism fad she's got a say in it, as well.

I like Grim. I wanted to call mine "Accidente" (pronounced in french), but she wouldn't let me I decided against that.  ;D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: May 04, 2011, 05:19:49 pm »

Yeah I even tried those, but alas, my significant other wanted "normal" (that is, more popular) :(
And since that whole feminism fad she's got a say in it, as well.

I like Grim. I wanted to call mine "Accidente" (pronounced in french), but she wouldn't let me I decided against that.  ;D

Those are the names that the wife and I have decided on. I went through a few absurd ones to get her this far. Unfortunately, Elohim wouldn't fly as a name with her family.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: May 04, 2011, 07:10:57 pm »

+1

I'm a fan of those.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 04, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »

I'm going to see if I can't get my future wife (whenever she decides to show up) to agree to the name "Urist".

We will raise her well.

And she will have a goatee.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: May 04, 2011, 08:10:56 pm »

"Valhalla" in my baby name list
WTFSRSLY? O_o Please for the love of mankind, don't!

My first name has almost exactly the same meaning, just in a different language and from a different mythology (Grecoroman, rather than Norse; I'm not telling you the language >_>).  I don't see anything wrong with it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: May 04, 2011, 08:41:49 pm »

But......... its Canadian, ITS NOT SUPPOSE TO MAKE YOU VIOLENT!

TO this I reply with Vimy Ridge, Canadians can smash the shit of most other nations repeatedly. We are much tougher than most believe since we are polite in between curbstomping upstart Germans.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »

And she will have a goatee.

I see what you did there.  8)

I must admit, Valhalla does sound kind of awkward for a first name.  Not because it's unusual, but it sounds more like a middle name, I guess.  I love the theme, though.  The child would be destined for glory.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: May 04, 2011, 08:52:04 pm »

Well, my personal accent winds up with a pronunciation sort of like "VAL'allah," so it's actually not as bad.  Still sounds a little bit awkward, I'll agree... but you know what?

She or he can live with it.  Like mom, like child.

Of course, I'm not planning on having kids, so this is probably a moot point.  Cat #2, I guess, because Cat #1 is already going to be named after Professor Poland.  Because I have horrible taste.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: May 04, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »

TO this I reply with Vimy Ridge, Canadians can smash the shit of most other nations repeatedly. We are much tougher than most believe since we are polite in between curbstomping upstart Germans.

Cold climates with plenty of wilderness will toughen any people.  This is purely personal belief, but I also think it makes people generally nicer. 
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:47 pm »

Contradiction: stereotypical Russia.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: May 04, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »

Yeah... I have no personal experience with how that plays out overseas.  Here the general population definitely gets friendlier the further north you go. 

Although, at work we have frequent interactions with another office in Anchorage, which seems to be full of total jerks.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: May 04, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

Cold climates with plenty of wilderness will toughen any people.  This is purely personal belief, but I also think it makes people generally nicer.
Of course, the badass bit may be the Canadian troops commiting scuicide in awesome ways just so they don't have to go back to Canada. :P

"Option one: Fly my crashing airplane into another airplane at two hundred and thirty miles per hour and probably save some lucky British bastards life. Option two: Land on the carrier safely and return home to Canada... and my mother.

There was never any choice."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: May 04, 2011, 09:39:28 pm »

As a Minnesotan, I agree with this. Olden-days settlers presumably had to be pretty frigging helpful for a significant number to survive these winters without heating.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: May 04, 2011, 09:55:24 pm »

As a Minnesotan, I agree with this. Olden-days settlers presumably had to be pretty frigging helpful for a significant number to survive these winters without heating.

Yeah, my assumption has always been that this culture has survived to some extent.  Life is rougher in those environments and requires a lot more cooperation.  All my relatives live in Wisconsin, and my grandparents were all farmers.  Everyone my parent's generation and older remembers harsh winters without modern heating, and both being helpful and tolerating discomfort seems to come very naturally to them.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 987